Chapter 3

The Power of Baking

We finished unpacking in a little over an hour. After we were done, Kevin and I made our way down the hall into the kitchen. The kitchen smelled sweet, like there was always someone baking different  treats. The room was nice and open; the walls a soft lavender color, while the appliances were all various shades of hot pink. Everything seemed to be organized in a specific order; not a spoon out of place. Kevin reached out towards the wall on the far side of the kitchen where aprons of varying designs were hanging. He handed me a pastel green apron with a cream yellow bear on it, while he picked out a light yellow apron with bunnies on it for himself.

"Don't want to get your shirt messy." he noted as I lifted the apron on over my head. Kevin did the same. The apron had slightly tousled his hair in a way that made me smile. "What do you want to bake?" Kevin asked me with a childlike gleam in his eyes.

"Anything's fine." I replied. I was truly curious as to if Kevin was actually going to make me bake with him. Though I doubted I could even say no to him.

"I just found a new recipe for chocolate cake I've been dying to try out. Let's make that!" he said enthusiastically. I couldn't help but smile at his innocence. I tried hard not to be reminded of Siena, but it seemed like the more time I spent with Kevin, the more like her he became. Her girly ways, her admirable bluntness, the way she would flick the hair from her face when her bangs covered her eyes. All of these things appeared to be apart of who Kevin was. I felt myself beginning to be drawn to Kevin as I became more comfortable with him, knowing that he was eerily similar to my lost love.

"Alright." I confirmed, still smiling. Kevin and I proceeded to make cakes and various other treats in a very light and happy atmosphere. In that time Kevin told me of his life back in San Francisco before he had moved here, and I told him of mine back when I lived in Washington D.C.. Kevin was actually a pretty cool kid who shared my passion for singing and dancing. He was also impressed with my other hobbies that included rapping and doing taekwondo for over ten years. Over the span of just a few hours, Kevin and I were able to become close as we learned a lot about each other. He even managed to get me to confide in him about Siena, and how we had dated for three years before fate had swept up like a raging storm and taken her from me.

We continued to talk like this for the next few hours before I had to head home. I couldn't remember the last time I had had so much fun with someone else since Siena had died. It was a nice change and I looked forward to the next time I would be able to spend time with Kevin. I had to remind myself that this was only the first day Kevin and I had met, but the feeling of not being alone felt so good it made me thirst for more moments with someone who could make me smile.

 

 

Hmmm...they should get married...(I bet Kiseop wouldn't be too happy about that!^^ Hehe, Kevin you hoar~ All the boys want you~) Hope you enjoy~