Fly High

Fly high

 

Sighing in frustration, you leaned back on your chair facing the ceiling. You’ve been studying for hours no and it seems like your brain cells stopped cooperating. “Arrghhh! Why can’t I get you, stupid Algebra.” You yelled as you groaned, closing your eyes and refreshing your mind. Meanwhile, your boyfriend was busy preparing your dinner downstairs. He knew about your incoming exams and told he’ll help you study.

You threw a book across the room causing it to produce a loud thud. Your boyfriend, on the other hand, was startled by the sudden noise. He then ran upstairs to check what’s happening. “Jagiya…” he said and saw you slouching on the chair and your eyes closed.  “What was that?” he added. “Oppa. That was nothing.” You said, eyes still closed. “Oh. Come on now. Dinner is served babe. I’ll help you study later. Kaja!” he shouted with a smile.

“So babe, how was your review going so far? You’ve been there for 5 hours now. As much as I wanted to help, I can’t. I’m writing a new song for our comeback you see. The good thing is, I’m almost done. So after it, I can help you study now.” “The review was horrible! Nothing’s entering my mind. And those formulas are just uhhh. Thank you oppa. I really need your help.” You replied flashing your angelic smile to him. “It’s nothing babe. Anything for you. Now go, eat. You must full your tummy.” He said as he scooped a spoonful of food and let you eat it.

After a 30-minute break, you went back to face your books. As you opened your Algebra book, you saw something on your desk. It was your picture with him and it was taken few months ago. A smile crept on your face when you saw it. “Babe, why are you smiling?” he asked. “Oh! Nothing oppa.” you said, shocked. “Come! I just finished my song. I can help you study now. So, anything you need help with?” “Everything. I need your help in all my subjects. And good to know oppa, you finished your song. I should check that out later.” You replied and he nodded.

Exam week had finished. Results and ranking were coming out today. You were sitting outside the Teacher’s Lounge, waiting for you to be called. Though you answered all the questions on your exams, you’re still nervous. Thoughts clouding up your mind. Your hands were shaking. Your palms were wet. “______________.” You looked up as your teacher called you in. You stand up and entered the room.

“Ms. ______________, congratulations. You passed the exams and you got the second place.” She said and handed you your exam papers. “Thank you songsaengnim!” you cheered.

As soon as you got home, you called your boyfriend. “Oppa! I got the results now. And guess what? I passed. Oh! And I got the second rank!” you said. “Really babe? Oh! My yeobo’s so smart. This deserves a celebration!” He said and hugged you tight.

It was already evening and your friends and his bandmates were coming over for the sudden victory party. It was 7:00 pm and everyone was in your house now. When everyone’s ready, your boyfriend walked infront and grabbed the microphone. “Everyone, listen. Hi. You’re here tonight for my girlfriend’s sudden party. You see, she passed the exams and got the second rank. I’m so proud of her.” He stopped. “And for my lovely girlfriend, congrats babe. You deserve it. You didn’t give up. Maybe sometimes, you had a hard time dealing with your school stuffs but you didn’t stop working on it. As your boyfriend, it hurts me to see you tired everyday from school, to see you exhausted, to see you sleeping late at night just to finish everything. Now that you’ll graduate, together, we’ll face your dream. Your dream to reach your goals. Your dream to be successful. Sometimes we fall, but in the end, we’ll stand up. It maybe hard sometimes but soon, the pain will be gone. I’m so proud of you baby. I love you.” He said, ending his speech. You walked infront and hugged him. “I love you so much.” He whispered in your ear. “I love you too oppa.” You whispered back.