It Started with a Plan

Searching for The One

 

“Excuse me first but I think I want to puke just by listening to your ideas about ‘The One’.”

Yong Hwa walked out of the room and went to breathe some fresh air in the garden.

“Hmm… She looks prettier. She can be my ideal type if only she’s not a snob.”

Yong Hwa was looking at Shin Hye from the garden.

***

Yong Hwa headed to his next class. He was humming while listening to his iPod. It seems that he has forgotten what happened earlier. His eyes widened as he saw her seating in front. He slapped his forehead.

How could I have forgotten?! She’s my classmate in this class for heaven’s sake! Math. Great. Just great. What would you expect? This is one of my least favorite class. I even sleep in this class if I had a chance.

He was even more shocked when he realized that he had been looking at her for a long time and that she knew it and rolled her eyes again at him.

Strike. Two. Park. Shin. Hye. I swear to God this will be the last time she will do that to me. I don’t know what I can do to her if she’ll ever do it again.

He looked away from her to avenge for his pride but he failed. She’s not looking anymore. He just went straight to the seat beside Jong Hyun. He recklessly tossed his things.

“Gwaenchanha? I saw you looking at her for like… forever. Could it be that… you’ve already fallen for her? Kekeke.”

“I’m not in the mood Jong Hyun. Not now.”

“Arasseo. But I thought you can get all the girls you want?”

“But I don’t want her.”

“Oh c’mon Jung Yong Hwa! She’s the only girl in the school you haven’t had a relationship with. Why not give it a shot?”

Yong Hwa looked at his friend intriguingly.

“Fine.”

***

“Who would like to answer item number 1 of our homework?”

No one was raising their hands. But Shin Hye didn’t raise hers because she just doesn’t want to. Joo-sonsaengnim got his attendance records and randomly picked the student who will answer.

“Hmm… no one? Ok. How about…Jung… Yong Hwa?”

“Wake up Yong. Sonsaengnim is calling you!” Jong Hyun was shaking him. When he was finally awake, he even stretched his arms making the teacher’s temper rise.

“Finally you are awake! Can you tell us what you dreamt of?”

Yong Hwa wasn’t even bothered at all. He’s actually used to it.

“Well, I dreamt that your class is kinda boring that all of us went to sleep…”

The teacher was deeply embarrassed that he saw the class laughing at him. He had to get his revenge at him.

“Enough! Stop laughing! All of you! Jung Yong Hwa! Answer question number one of the assignment!”

Yong Hwa scratched his head and went to the board. But he couldn’t write any because he forgot to do it. Or, should I say he didn’t bother to do it.

“Oh I see! You didn’t have your assignment, did you?” He grinned evilly.

“I did. It’s just that… someone already published it that’s why I didn’t bother to write it up.” Yong Hwa smirked in front of him. The teacher was speechless. He wasn’t able to answer back. He didn’t dare to answer back or else… Yong Hwa’s father owns the other half of the school.

“Just… just sit down! You’re wasting our time!”

“Actually we’d like it that way.

Miss Park Shin Hye. Can you please answer it instead?”

“Huh! When it comes to girl students, he suddenly becomes gentle! What a e!” He said to himself but sonsaengnim must have heard a bit.

“Are you saying something, Jung Yong Hwa?”

“Nothing. I said I’m going back to my seat now if you’ll excuse me.”

“No. Stay here. I changed my mind. I want you to look closely at Ms. Park’s answer.”

Shin Hye expressionlessly wrote her answer and explained it to the class nonchalantly. Yong Hwa had his arms crossed while whistling the whole time she was talking. He was really mocking his teacher. When she was done, he said,

“I guess you’re really good in algebra. Can you replace my ‘eX’ without asking ‘whY’? Kekeke.”

“Whoa!” The boys went wild.

“Sorry. You’re not my type. If you were an angle, you’d be an obtuse one.”

“Yeah!” The girls, especially Yong Hwa’s past girlfriends, cheered for her.

“That’s why we complement each other! I’m obtuse and you’re aCUTE girl.”

“Kekekeke.” The class went giddy. Even Joo-sonsaengnim’s irritation was gone because he can totally see the cuteness between the two. But he’s a teacher, so he had to stop it.

“You may sit down now, Yong Hwa. Thank you for the correct answer Miss Park. Daebak!”

“They can be lab partners… ‘cause they have chemistry! Kekeke.” you said to Jong Hyun.

“You also saw that? Kekeke.” He smirked and made high-fives with you .

***

“I’ve got an idea!” Jung Shin smiled evilly.

“What is it?!” Min Hyuk leaned closer to him. They were in the cafeteria eating snacks while waiting for their hyungs’ class to be finished.

“Why don’t we set a blind date for Yong Hwa and Shin Hye?”

“That’s good! But how are we gonna do that?”Min Hyuk scratched his head.

“Oh! We could ask Dara eonni to help us!”

Before they could look for her, they saw Dara buying drinks at the counter.

 “Annyeong eonni!” The two greeted her happily.

“Oh hello! May I help you?”

“Uh… yes! Help us eonni please.” Min Hyuk sounded begging.

“Sure. As long as I can do it, why not?”

“Can you set our friend a blind date with Shin Hye?” Jung Shin even made a ‘beautiful eyes’ look at her.

“Whoa! Wait. This is kinda hard. Tsk. tsk. Who’s that friend of yours by the way?”

“Yong Hwa.” Min Hyuk gulped before saying it.

“You mean the resident playboy? I’m afraid Shin Hye will not like this idea.”

“That’s why it’s going to be a blind date.” Jung Shin said.

“Erhm… This is really difficult. Give me a good reason why I should help you first.”

“Because… Shin Hye is the only person who never felt attracted at Yong Hwa at first glance. We really think she is the one for her. Besides, we really want him to stop breaking hearts of girls. It’s just… ridiculous.”

“The… one? Kekeke. I didn’t know guys would believe that idea too. I also believe someone out there is meant for another one.”

“So, are you gonna help us?” The two eagerly said in chorus. Dara shifted to a frown. The boys are about to go when she said,

“Wait! I’ll help you.”

“Gomawo eonni!” They smiled at her.

_____________________________________________

I know. I know. I’m back with my cheesy pickup lines. Kekeke. I hope you still remember a little bit of your dreaded math lessons to be able to understand it. Mianhae for the brain bleed. I hope you like this chap! I made it a bit longer now. Kekeke. I would love to hear comments from you, please? :) Have a nice day everyone!

P.S. Let us all wish our chingu Director-Smiley a goodluck for she is having a concert tomorrow, a guitar recital. Amam Hwaiting! :)