Fine, carry me first

Your Wish

If you read in this color, this is Jonghyun's point of view
If you read in this color, this is your point of view

This is a truebased story, but I remake it and making it a full length oneshot.

Thanks to my sister for telling me such a wonderful story for us to learn.

And by the way, this is dedicated for my Sunbae, Dyana. Hope you like it :)

***

I know. I know that he has been dating another girl behind me. But I just don't want if I showed up in front of them, and destroyed everything like I normally would do, because I still want to be with him even though its pathetic for me to keep a cheating guy with me.

But I believe.

That behind all of his lies, there must be a truth.

There must be a reason why he married me.

There must be a reason why we can have a kid.

And there must be a reason why he managed to keep his lies as a secret.

Me, Han Yeonsoo, believes him. And he, Kim Jonghyun, believes me.

Like we used to.

But there's no time left to investigate every sinful doubts in my mind.

Because sooner or later, the truth will float up and show up in the surface.

By that time, I hope he realized.

 

I used to love her.

But I'm just a man. Well, probably not every man in the world will do this.

But I believe some of them is doing the same thing as me. This sinful activity.

I never thought that I will cheat on her.

But she's getting boring with all her innocence. She's too good and I just want to live my life a little bit rude.

Serenity.

That's what she always talks about.

Do you think its a happiness to talk about serenity all over again? Everyday?

"You're home" she appeared and walks to me. I just mumbled some words. She just smiled.

Somehow I think she's too naive. She knows that I've been cheating on her.

And she knows that I'm waiting for her to file a lawsuit for our marriage.

But she always do this.

She always pretend like she doesn't know.

She always walks and smiles this way.

It makes me feel dirty and upset at the same time.

"Can we get rid of all this?" I throw away her hand from me. She was trying to take down my coat. Now she's staring at me with both of her brown eyes.

"I'm cheating on you, okay? Can't you get it? Divorce me!" I shouted at her. Just to make sure that she will probably wake up and slap me. Like I wanted her to. Then she will runs to the court, and file a divorcing lawsuit for our marriage. Isn't it that simple?

Instead, she runs after me, and hugs me from behind.

I can only close my eyes to hold my anger.

"If it's your wish, then I will do" she said quietly.

I pulled away her arms and turned at her. This is what I wanted but somehow I have some slight of  disbelief on her words.

"But I will only do that in one condition" I crossed my arms. Started to get interested.

"What is it. I will do anything to make it" I replied. She eyed me with her watery eyes. She probably wants to cry. But she managed to stay strong.

"You have to carry me to bed everynight, for a month" she said with a serious tone, which makes me burst out with laugh.

SERIOUSLY?

But she still plastered her serious face. So I feel a bit awkward. I put my serious face even though somehow I wanna laugh louder.

"Fine"

By that, I can finally end my woes.

As I told this to Jessica and she laughed out loud like there's no tomorrow. Yes, I've been dating Jessica ever since I got bored with Yeonsoo.

"She really said that? What's in her mind? Does she think it will make you fall with her all over again?" then she laughed again. I just lift my shoulder, acting like I don't have any idea with that.

She finally inhaled and succeed to finish her laughs. "Fine, just do that. Make sure you make her feel happy before she sees you walking out from her room" she chuckled and walks to me. Puts her hands on my shoulder and started to kiss me.

 

Where's he?

You keep on walking from the couch to the window. Waiting for him to reach home.

And waiting for him to fullfill your wish.

Finally the door opens and he walks to you. He immediately changed his clothes and started to lift you. He sighed at the sight that you're putting your hands around his neck.

 

I stared at her once. It's my first time to see her this close after these years. I've never carried her for years.

I can see her skin closely. It's getting wrinkled by the tiredness she had these years.

She had hard times, too.

Waking up everyday, preparing clothes and breakfast for my son and I, doing the laundry, sweeping, and boringly waited for us to come home.

She has been doing it for a decade and she never complained. Instead, I cursed her for being too naive. I sighed. Probably it's me whom is the most naive person.

As we reach the bed, I put her down gently. The moonlight shone on her face and I can see her eyes closely. Those brown eyes of her, I always think negatively to her. This time, I see her the way I put her ring on her ring finger. I see her the way she said I do.

I cursed myself for letting my heart taken away from my stand to divorce her. But at the same time, I feel like crying for cursed her for a decade and more.

 

The second day, she's waiting for me on the couch. She sleeps because I come home late. Even too late that her tired eyes can no longer wait.

I can only whisper the word of forgiveness. As I see her closely again, I realized that her black wavy hair started to turn to gray.

And by that, I realized that she has been thinking a lot of things by herself. We're married, but she handled everything by herself. Including for raising our child.

While I, probably busy ing my self with another girl.

My tears suddenly drops at her cheeks.

Han Yeonsoo, it's been hard on you, why didn't you say a thing?

 

It's finally 3 weeks after our agreement about our divorcement. She's standing there in front of me as usual, waiting for me to lift her bridal style. But as I tried to touch her, she takes a step backwards.

So I take a step towards her. She stared at me like those old times. I slowly touch her hair, then caress her cheeks, down to her chin.

His face is getting nearer and nearer toward me. His body heat entering every crevice of my skin.

Then his lips touched mine, and he started to kiss me gently. His puppy eyes opened and stared at my eyes. Then he slowly closed it again and kissed me deeper. His hands are around my wrist and sensing every inch of it. I managed to carry the emotions he gave to me and I kissed back. Suddenly, it grows to be an intense kiss because I put my arms around his neck.

After ten minutes, we pulled away and stared at each other with our forehead stick to one another.

"I'm sorry" he whispered huskily. I just smiled and nodded slowly. But I can't hold my tears, so it just flows.

He saw it and he immediately wiped it away by his thumbs. He hugs me and I hug back.

"I won't let you go" he whispered again, then kissed my forehead for a few minutes. Then he carries me, and smiling smugly like he always did in old times.

It was a very intense night. He touched me again after a decade. And he never changed.

He always do it gently, but roughly at the same time.

 

It's been 29 days and tomorrow is the end of our agreement. But I managed to cancel it. I told Jessica and she didn't believe me. She probably hates me now. But it's okay. I deserved it.

I stared at Han Yeonsoo whom is standing next to me. We're attending our son's graduation and he smiled at us. I feel like the happiest person in the earth. I feel like all of my sins are forgiven. I hold her hand tighter and she smiled at me.

As we reach our car and letting our son to get his graduation party, my wife coughed so hard that she vomitted some blood. I'm totally shocked and hurriedly take her to the hospital. She rejects it at first, she said she's all fine, but I managed to force her.

After a while, my son is now sitting next to me, waiting for the doctor to come out. I looked at my son, Kim Taehyun. I patted his hair and he lift up his head. I thought he'd hate me for leaving them. But he's just like Yeonsoo. And I thanked God for it.

"Dad is sorry" I said to him. He just smiled weakly and hugs me. Then the doctor comes out.

"How's my wife?" I asked to him, but he has a sad face plastered.

"Her cancer is no longer can be cured. And I don't know if she can survive until tomorrow, because the cells are growing more uncontrollably"

My son cried out his heart and keeps on rejecting the doctor's words. The doctor patted my shoulder and whispered some warm words. I thanked him and I immediately hug my son. I told him to be strong because Yeonsoo might hate it to be the source of our sorrow.

I cursed myself for not knowing her disease. The disease, the sorrowness, and the pain she has been carrying all this long.

So we entered the room, she sleeps peacefully and I can see all the medical decives are plugged to her body. My tears drop as I saw how she managed to survive after all of her sad life.

I cursed myself for letting her go this way. My son runs to her and holds her arm because it's not possible to hug her. She woke up and she managed to get up weakly. I helped her and she switched the breathing method to the regular one. She smiled at us but as soon as she sees our tears, she comes closer and wiped our tears one by one.

"Look, I'm okay. I'm happy now. I have my husband to love me and I have my son here beside me. You're graduated, Taehyunnie. Now you have your dad to replace my position of taking care of you. Please hear his words and never do things against him. Okay?"

I immediately take her hands and kissed it. "No, you can survive, babe" I said while tears flowing on my cheeks. Again, she wiped it, then she shook her head.

"Promise me, you will love me forever, and you will take care of Taehyun" she whispered as her forehead touches mine. I nodded weakly. Then she hugs Taehyun. She kisses his forehead, and both of his cheeks. She told him not to cry and stand tall whatever he faces. Then my father appears, he talks some words with her and then he takes Taehyun with him on the couch to calm Taehyun down.

She's now staring at me and I can't help but cry. She pulls my hands and kisses my lips. "Don't cry" she smiled.

It's almost late night so my father takes Taehyun home. Our parents and siblings visited her and hugged me one by one.

I watch her sleeping peacefully, I don't want to fall asleep. I want to be there until her last breath, but slowly, my eyes closed.

"Doctor! Please come quickly!" a voice of a woman heard banging my ears. As I get up from my chair, I see Yeonsoo is fighting for her life. She breathed hardly, and the medical machines are all showing up almost monotone sound. In a second, people with white suits comes to her surroundings. And a few minutes later, I can only heard a monotonous sound. As the white suited people turned to me, I already burst out from tears and I feel like all of the lightning struck me.

I run to her and she's already closed her eyes. And she's smiling.

I heard some mumble from the doctors, or maybe it's just my ears that doesn't want to hear it.

I cried my heart out at the view before me. After a while, Taehyun runs to us and hugs me. He cried so hard, just like me.

Everybody surrounded us at first, but then they walk out of the room and giving us some space.

 

Here I am. Standing in front of my wife's funeral. With my son beside me.

I wiped my tears by myself.

I can't think anything else but her.

All of my sweet memories with her passed by like a sad movie.

Han Yeonsoo, thank you.
And I'm sorry for letting you down and suffer.
Now I will fullfill my promise.
Han Yeonsoo, please smile for me right there, okay?

I love you.

***

That's it.

What do you think?

Did I make it?

And Dyana unnie, sorry, I kill your character! ;p

HEHEHE

If you have been reading all this long, please drop a comment below :)

Thank you for your appreciate heart