By Tomorrow...

Flow Like A River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt 2: Escape

Character(s): Henry Lau, Zhou Mi

Setting: SMTOWN Shanghai (09/11/2010)

 

Sometimes it was just too much.

Henry left his hotel room, violin in hand. Everyone else was out exploring the city, or just relaxing. He made his way out of the room and headed for the stairs that led to the roof of the building.  He knew he was probably not allowed up there (and he was wondering why the door leading outside wasn’t locked in the first place), but he…no, they…needed a place to escape right now. Before he turned the handle, he let out a long, deep sigh. And that one sigh contained all the sadness, anger, frustration, and hurt over the past two years, ever since Super Junior-M’s debut until now. He turned the handle and pushed the door open.

Automatically, his ears caught the words of a song that was very familiar to him by now. As he slowly walked towards the source of the singing, he hefted his violin over his shoulder and began to play the melody of the song.

Zhou Mi turned around when he heard Henry playing the violin. He closed his mouth to stop singing, but Henry shook his head, signaling for him to continue. And so he sang while Henry played the violin, instrument and vocal blending in perfect harmony. Henry sang when the song called for it – his own parts, and then alternating with his brother (because the song wasn’t meant to be sung by one person).

The song was quite long, but neither of them stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter