Chapter 3

So Tired

One Year Later...

Heechul laughed happily as he stood next to Haru. The young girl seemed to be unfeeling but was very kind and she was the one who had helped him escape, planting the anti fan letter and everything.

He had hid with her for 3 months and after when everything had settled down, he was free to do anything. He had taken up a small job as a waiter, obtaining large tips for his looks, almost unknown in America. 

He had learned with much effort to cook and even was able to do it to Haru's picky standards.

They were currently shopping in the super market for food as he laughed at Haru's attempts to get the Tofu on the top shelf.

He reached for the shelf but instead another hand reached above his head to grab the tofu which was presently given to him.

He turned around to thank the person but held in a gasp as he saw...

Hangeng

(break)

Hangeng had cried in frustration when he had discovered Heechul had been kidnapped and his heart had ached when he had his first call with his past members a day too late. They all had broken down in tears as they found out how Heechul had still been suffering in silence. 

He had mourned for 6 months before he realized he had to continue singing, for maybe Heechul to hear his voice again.

As he stood in the super market to make his famous Bejing Fried Rice, which had once been Heechul's favorite dish.

As he walked through the halls of the super market till had to go back to his apartment for his upcoming preformance, his eyes opened in shock as he saw a familiar back, reaching for a high up tofu box.

Before it could fall he grabbed it and give it before he gasped in shock as he stared at the farmiliar eyes.

Before he could say Heechul, the man instead said

,"Thank you for helping! What is your name?" In English, Hangeng supressed a sigh of dissapointment, it wasn't Heechul, it was a man who looked like an exact copy of Heechul.

"Hankyung," Hangeng tried to smile as the two men's voices also sounded the same, but Heechul, wherever he was, dead or alive, wasn't coming back.

"Han...Han.... I can't pronounce it.....English please?" The man asked.

"Joshua."

"Hello! Nice to meet you Joshua! i'm Casey,"

(these are Super junior's english names)

the man smiled politely as he introduced the little girl next to him, named Haru.

Hangeng smiled but the girl just glared at him and stuck to Casey like glue.

(break)

Haru stuck to me like glue as she glared daggers at Hangeng.

Heechul smiled as he knew Haru didn't want Hangeng to hurt his heart again, as she was the one who had rescued him from the eternal darkness. but it was time to show that he had moved on. 

Haru was always very protective of him. She was the one who had dragged him out of his depression and cooked for him. She had always fed him and somehow made the nightmares that Hangeng brought him go away. 

He didn't know how, but this little girl had cured him and he was forever grateful for that.

(break)

Haru disliked Hangeng. He was the one who had made Heechul suffer.

She was eternally grateful to Heechul, once long ago, he had helped her in a way that completely changed her life.

(break)

Hangeng helped this Casey carry the groceries to their house.

The house was quaint but peaceful. 

"Thank you for helping us!" Heechul said.

Hangeng's mind felt like it was going to break, seeing someone that looked like Heechul but wasn't Heechul.

"Would you like me to make you something Joshua?"

Hangeng knew that his Heechul was never grateful, would never cook, but he nodded.

Heechul smirked quietly, the scars of his heart pounded but he was fine. Haru clung to him attempting to cheer him up and he cooked. He smiled Haru was like a protective sister.

"Do you have a brother complex Haru?" He teased.

Haru just glared at him and responded with a terse, "No,"

He laughed and the peaceful sound rang through the house.

(break)

As Hangeng took the first bite, he was surprised to taste the deliciousness.

Heechul laughed, he knew what Hangeng was thinking about this "Casey" and Heechul knew he had changed.

He had to have changed in order to be happy again.