VII

BY MYSELF ♣ I say my love ,send away my love

 

True to her words, she got out of Chen’s life. Definitely.  After that day, no one saw her either at school and either at home. The first week, her friends and the EXO members (minus Chen) thought that she was simply sick and had to stay home, but when she didn’t show up after two weeks, they decided to visit her at home in case something was wrong with her. Indeed it was: to their horror, they found another family which wasn’t hers living there and learnt that she moved out a few weeks ago with her mother and that the two of them had quit Seoul without leaving any traces. Neither the hospital where Sooyeon’s mother worked, neither Kris knew where they went to.

Kris was broken and felt betrayed when s reported about it to him. Sooyeon was his best friend, his sister, his everything. And yet, to him it seems like she didn’t trust him enough to even tell him about her sudden leave. He was ready to do everything for her: lend his shoulder for her to lean on when she needs comfort, listen to her problems, and be by her side even though it was just as a friend. In fact, the tall boy had a crush on his best friend for so long that he can’t even remember when it all started. The day she announced her relationship with Chen, his other best friend, his world crushed down. He felt like a coward for not being able to tell her about his feelings but decided later on that it’ll be more than enough for him if she was happy. The only thing which mattered to him was her happiness, even though her smile, her hugs, her kisses were for another boy which wasn’t him.  

« That brat. She promised that she won’t go anywhere and let us worry anymore… » Chanyeol muttered under his breath when an awkward silence stood within the group.

The EXO members were all siting at a table at the school’s cafeteria the day after their visit at Sooyeon’s former home. They felt extremely empty and guilty since they knew about her disappearance.  Of course, they knew that distancing themselves from her wasn’t a good thing to do but they cannot choose her over Chen, their long-time friend either. Plus, they really wanted to know the reason behind their break up that only Chen knows.  It was a good thing that for the fist time in a while, Joo Ae wasn’t with them because of the tension around the table.  Having enough of that, Suho suddenly cleared his throat.

« What should we do now Jongdae ? »
« What do you mean? What do you want me to do ? »
« She’s gone Jongdae-ah.  Are you just going to stay here and do nothing about it ? »
he began to raise his voice at his friend’s indifferent behavior.  He wasn’t the closest to her, but he still affectionate her a lot.
« Why should I even care about it ? Listen, how many time should I say it ? I’m done with her since a long time so can you please not bring it up ? You guys are so annoying. If you want her back that much, just do whatever you want but don’t bother me about it. » he stood up, annoyed and started to go toward the exit.

Without him knowing, Kris did also stood up which surprised everyone since he kept silence since the start. « Hyung… » whispered D.O. However, the tall guy just shook his head and followed his friend’s steps. « Kim Jong Dae » he called with a low voice once they were alone in the school’s garden. Chen took a deep breath and turned around with an annoyed expression. « What again? I swear, if you’re going to bring her up again I’ll…  » he didn’t get the chance to say his threat when the other male interrupted him. Kris put his hand on his friend’s shoulder in an comfortable manner while his lips curved into a gentle smile.

« I’m sorry I misunderstood you. I’m sorry because I wasn’t by your side while you were suffering too. I’m a terrible best friend right ? »
« What are you doing Wu Fan ? »
he said as he shook off Kris’s hand of his shoulder but the gentle smile didn’t waver one bit.
« You can cut out that freaking act now Jongdae. »
« Wh-what ? Yah, stop talking nonsenses will you ? I’m off to see Joo Ae. »
he scoffed before turning around, ready to go once again but Kris was being persistent.
« Really Chen ? Because Joo Ae is obviously not where you're planning to go. She was in the cafetaria too, which is behind me. Do you think I’m such an incompetent friend ? Do you really think I won’t find out about everything? You’re wrong. I know everything and this time, I’ll make sure that I won’t do the same mistake as last time. I’ll be there for you because you’re my best friend Jongdae. »

Chen stood there frozen while his fist turned into a ball. The wall he created to block all his emotions began to crumble. For the first time, he let a sob escape his lips as he remembered Sooyeon’s broken face.

 

« How did you know ? »
« You… every time you were with her, we were able to see another side of you, the side we never saw before your meeting with her. Everybody could see that you were totally lovesick with the way you acted around her. The way you smile like an idiot around her and the way you looked at her… it told everything. Do you really think that we would believe that you fall out of love all of a sudden? I admit, I was really angry at you for making her cry and I just lose my control. »
he sighed.
« How could you be so sure of yourself? Maybe I was just acting as if I was in love with her. »
« Do you expect me to believe this bull ? I know everything so don’t you dare to lie to me. » 

 

 

★彡 OMG I'm so sorry for taking such a long time to update >.< I just got in high school and my schedule is quite hectic and all the homework is killing me. BUT, it's HOLIDAAAYS in France *-* SO, I'm finally able to update and do export a few more updates in the next two weeks haha ^^ Mabe, I'll be even able to finish the story :D What do you think about this chapter ? Do look forward to the next chapter ! ^^ 彡★