I'm alright. Iron arms, iron legs.

Should I Erase My Regretful Heart? [ H i a t u s ]

[SUBBIES! I have missed you all and writing~! I truly appreciate all the love this story is getting. I guess I write better when it comes to Tabi. I don't know why, it must be because he just fits the emotional aspects of the storyline. Anyway, I know this one is a bit short... but I'll make up for it with the new chapter in a few days.. xD I'M BUSY! <3 Enjoy~]

 

Crash.

Shards of the glass bottle and the alcoholic beverage went flying and splattering all over the tiled floor, and a very surprised Seunghyun stood there for a few seconds, unmoving. 

"You're... really here.." He mumbled, swiveling his head to look at you. 

Your eyes locked in an accidental stare, the beginnings of those familiar feelings tingling your skin. Just those few words signaled to you that he had thought about you still.

Even after everything.

Unable to speak, you managed a weak nod. Your heart began to pulsate just a little faster, and you offered him a slight smile, the corners of his lips turning upwards into a very real smile. 

Her angelic voice.

"You're even more beautiful than I remembered," he uttered in a low, tender voice, ignoring the mess he'd made and stepping closer to where you stood near the couches.

"Seunghyun," you almost whispered, all your bravery for even bothering to show up slowly draining from you when he stopped, towering over you. You lowered your head, tucking a stray strand of your long locks behind your ear. Nervousness hit you now, and you almost wanted to just run out the door and into the familiar surroundings of the outside. Yes, you'd known Seunghyun since childhood... but this slightly awkward and yet much needed reunion felt like uncharted territory. You were surprised to feel a warm blush spreading along your cheeks when he spoke your name, catching your attention.

"_____... Look at me."

Almost instantly, you gazed up at him, your lips parting slightly in surprise when you met his watering eyes. His arms tentatively embraced your still form, sliding around your arms and closing the gap that had been separating the two of you. 

All this time, you'd sworn that you'd never let yourself fall for him again. What you two had held together through your relationship and engagement had been mesmerizing, and just before it could have become infinite... 

You gave in to him, letting your arms hug him, your hands lightly resting on his back. He let his chin rest on the crown of your head, sighing deeply. You'd rested your own head on his chest, content to enjoy this, dreading the talk that you would both eventually have to deal with. His comforting and familiar touch was one that you could get lost into. 

But not for too long.

 

His deep timbre shook against your soft tresses, the silent air around the two of you feeling much more somber.

 

"I..I tried so hard for you. Why didn't you give me another chance? Why didn't you.. believe me?"

Reluctantly, you allowed a few inches to separate you from the embrace you were sharing, your attention drifting up to meet his eyes that were gazing into yours with such immense hurt reverberating from them that you felt painful tears pricking your eyes over. 

 

Past, pent-up resentment of memories that you wanted to erase began clicking through your mind, a slideshow that ruined the moment. 

"I thought I was doing you... a favor. She meant more to you, in the end, maja?" Your voice came out soft, quiet, a light and obvious contrast to the thick melancholy he had expressed.

 

Ironically, you had never once given thought to how hurt he must have felt. You had believed he wanted her, the first love of his life. 

Never once had it occurred to you that, whether he had been conscious of it or not, you had been the one to show him what real love was like. You could love someone intensely and with all your being, but if all they did was take advantage of it in the end, you hadn't been truly sharing a real love; conversely, you could love someone with all you have and be fine with them not returning it, simply because you wanted them to be happy. That was the love you had held for him, unlike the former, which his 'first' love had put him through. Realizing this only after he had lost you had made the damage he had inadvertently caused to himself and you that much worse.

His thick eyebrows rose in instant surprise to your words, a look of confusion furrowing them closer together as his strong hands slid to your arms, gently squeezing them. His face neared yours slightly, and you felt a flutter in your chest at the next few words that made you melt. 
 
"Is that what you think? Yeoja, don't you know? You're on the first page of all my memories."