Ch.6

To Whom it May Concern

 

Light streamed in at a blinding volume from the semi-open blinds that hung open just above Minho's bed, Jinki rolled away from the annoyance, pulling the blanket well passed the top of his head. Jinki's head pounded slightly, his mouth tasted like and he was freezing regardless of the fact that Minho put out heat like a furnace. He peeped out of the safety of his blanket tent to look at the clock planted just above his head on the end table. It read 11:19, Jinki couldn't remember the last time he'd slept in that long, but then again he usually was knocked out by twelve AM max. He rolled back, shielding himself from the invading light with his forearm. Minho made a small sound next to him and Jinki looked over; Minho's head was tipped towards him, mouth slightly parted as his breath drifted in the space between them. His long lashes touched down on the puffy spaces under his eyes and Jinki couldn't help but think he looked cute like this. He couldn't even deny it, in fact.
 
There was a knock at the door, Jinki's head whipped towards the sound. It was pushed open and a small women popped her head in the space, " Minho!" She her eyes fell on Jinki, " Oh! Hello! I didn't wake you, did I?" 
 
Jinki shook his head slowly, " No."
 
" Oh, good. I wish my irresponsible son would at least give me some warning about guests....Speak of which, Minho!" Jinki was amazed how such a tiny women could have such a powerful voice. " Minho! It's already eleven! Get up, you lazy bum!" Minho groaned, rolling over he slung an arm over Jinki, resting his head on the other boy's chest. ' Aww...' Could be heard from the voice in the doorway. Jinki was frozen, wanting to shove Minho off, but not wanting to offend him or his mother. She sighed, " Fine, but I'm coming back at twelve..." She clicked the door shut quietly behind her. 
 
Minho peeped open an eye to look up at Jinki, " Works everytime..." He grinned widely against Jinki's chest, before settling back down and making no move to detach himself from the other. 
 
" Erm...Minho, do you mind moving?" Jinki was sure Minho could hear his heart beat pumping away against his chest. 
 
" Why? You did this to me last night, I figured it was cool if I did." 
 
" I did, what!?" There's no way he did, Jinki just wasn't that type of person. It was uncomfortable enough attempting to sleep in a bed with someone else as is, there's no way he would do that. 
 
Minho sat up, laughing as he stretched out his back, arms raised far above his bed. " Haha...Kidding, you do talk in your sleep though. Did you know?" 
 
Jinki sat up as well, feeling the spot where Minho's head had just been resting. " Really?" He laughed, nervously. " What did I say?"
 
Minho looked over, " Nothing that made sense...Something about a chicken and a rabbit. Oh, and something about remembering to forget..." 
 
" Oh, yeah, weird..." When it came to the chicken and rabbit Jinki had no idea what Minho was talking about, but the remembering to forget....Minho had been hovering over him in his dream, just like last night. He eyed Jinki like he knew some sort of secret, leaning closer and closer to the boy below him. His eyes shifting from Jinki's own to the boy's thick lips, his own parted as he breathed in panting huffs. Their lips brushed together, Minho tangling his deft fingers into the hair at the base of Jinki's neck. Their mouths moving together perfectly as they lay together, Minho tipping Jinki's head back just enough to slip his tongue into Jinki's mouth brushing it against the older boys. He pulled back, whispering, " Remember to forget, Hyung..."
 
Minho waved a hand in front of his face, " Hello? Earth to Jinki?"
 
Jinki snapped out of his dream induced daze, " Huh?"
 
" I said, are you hungry?"
 
As if on que, Jinki stomach rumbled loudly at the notion. 
 
" I'll take that as a yes, then." Minho pushed at his side, signaling he should get up. Jinki felt a pange of disappointment from deep within that Minho hadn't decided to just climb over him again. 
 
Jinki's feet touched down on the floor, Minho's borrowed sleep clothing hung baggy off his shorter frame. He attempted to pull up the pants that hung low on his hips, legs having tucked their way under his heels. Minho placed a hand on either of Jinki's shoulders, guiding him out of the room and down into the kitchen. 
 
Minho's mother stood over the stove, his father and brother having parked themselves in the living room across the hall. " Moooom..." Minho called out from behind Jinki's head. " We're hungry..."
 
She turned, " The real question is when are you not hungry..." She waved a hand at the table, " Take a seat, I'll bring you something in a minute." 
 
Minho pushed Jinki into a seat, taking the one next to him and slumping over the table. He yawned loudly against the cool wood of it's surface. His mother came around and slapped him upside the head, " Yah! Have you no manners! Jesus, I swear...Please forgive my son, you'd think he was raised by wolves..." 
 
Jinki laughed, " It's ok, I don't mind." Presenting her with a face splitting smile on instinct.
 
She swooned, " Aww, what a nice boy! You get extra, just for having the courage to put up with my little mongrel of a son." 
 
Minho rubbed at the back of his head, " I'm not a mongrel..." 
 
She ignored her sulky child, placing down plates in front of the pair before taking a seat herself. She cradled her face in her palms as she looked at Jinki expectantly to take a bite. He popped a bit of it into his mouth, chewing slowly before swallowing. Minho was already packing it away, attemping to ignore his swooning parental unit. " It's really good." Jinki spoke after a moment. 
 
She clapped her hands, " Oh! He even knows to compliment a mother's cooking, horrible or not!" 
 
Minho palmed his face, " Mom, please...He'll never come back if you smother him with your crazy." 
 
She turned slowly towards Minho, " What was that?" 
 
" N-nothing..." He looked away, taking another bite.
 
Jinki stifled a laugh, the scene before him like something out of a cartoon. A voice rang out above him, and he jumped. " He's right mom...Why do you think none of my friends come here anymore?" Jinki looked up to see who he assumed to he the infamous Minsuk, his features similar to Minho's but on a smaller scale. 
 
His mothers eyes blew wide, " T-That's because all the boys you hang out with are hooligans! I wouldn't want them here anyway...This one," She pointed to Jinki. Minho cut in point out she didn't even know his name. " What's your name, honey?" 
 
" Jinki." 
 
She cleared , " Jinki has perfect manners, unlike your friends." 
 
" I'll be sure to let Shin and Daeyong know what you really think of them." He exited the room. 
 
" Yah!" She chased after her eldest son.
_____________
 
After finishing up breakfast, they navigated their way back to Minho's room, not before speaking to Minho's father. Speaking wasn't really the right word though, he seemed to be a man of very few words. Jinki gathered his clothing from the floor, preparing to re-dress. Minho looked over at him as he held the items infront of himself, " Going somewhere?"
 
" Y-yeah, I figured I should probably head home soon." Jinki felt bad, like he was pulling an eat and run, but in reality he'd just spent the whole night with Minho he told himself. Minho looked almost crestfallen, or maybe that's what you wanted to think he told himself.
 
" Alright, I'll walk you home then." Minho pulled his shirt up and away from his body, tossing it in the hamper behind Jinki. He took no notice to the way Jinki's eyed scanned over his upper half. Jinki couldn't tear his eyes away from the shirtless boy before him, it's not as if Minho was ripped or anything, and but he still couldn't bring himself to look away. He watched as the muscles in Minho's back shifted around as he flipped through the shirt hanging in his closet. He pulled one off the hanger and turned back to find Jinki staring, " Are you gonna change, or..."
 
Jinki flushed, turning away and taking off his own shirt, attempting to toss it in the hamper as well, but missing by a mile. He leaned over to grasp the shirt, and dropped it properly into the hamper. He tugged his own shirt down over his head as Minho's sleep pants went flying past his head and into the hamper. He forced himself to stay faced away and not peak at the now pantless boy behind him. Jinki paused, hands on the hem of Minho's borrowed pants. I really wished he'd just exited to change in the bathroom like last night, but people were home now and he didn't want to seem weird. They were both boys after all, no big deal. Jinki just really hated his thighs, if he gained weight anywhere it was there. He shucked them away, tossing them into the plastic bin before replacing them with his own jeans. 
_____________
After some obligitory goodbyes, the pair exited the house and stood on the sidewalk just a few feet away. Minho looked down either side of the road, shielding his eyes from the sunlight beaming above, " Which way, Hyung?" 
 
Jinki pointed to the left and started a slow pace down the concrete, Minho following at his side. 
 
" I really had fun last night, sorry for falling asleep during the end of the movie..." Minho fiddled with his fingers.
 
" It's ok, you woke right back up after I turned the tv off." Jinki countered, he didn't mind. He spent a good bit of the end of the movie studying Minho's features, completely missing the end all together. He liked the way Minho's eyelids fluttered every once in a while and the way he would run his tongue over his top lip before biting down on his bottom. The little noises he...No! Jinki did not, would not think about that anymore. He pushed those things in the long line of other things he would 'remember to forget', space feeling more and more cramped by the minute. 
 
" I know, but..."
 
" Minho, you played your off at the game. I'm suprised you even asked me over at all, I would have just gone home and passed out."  Jinki stopped in front of his own house, finding that it was only about five minutes away from Minho's. " Well, this is me."
 
" Really? It's so close..." Minho eyed the house before him, he swung his arms to and frow. " Well, I guess I'll see you on Monday."
 
Jinki nodded, placing a hand on the gate. " Yep..." 
 
Minho turned, waving as he walked back down the road to his own house.