Ch.1

To Whom it May Concern

 

Students were bustling about campus as Lee Jinki walked up to the large double doors of his school, it was his last year and he felt relief wash over him that he wouldn't have to be doing this for another year. The relief was laced with a bit of fear that his, up to this point, consistent pattern of life would be disrupted once he held that diploma in his hands. The unchanging school schedule and life routine would slip away, he would be into the real world and have to start a whole new pattern in his life cycle, finally becoming an adult. His mother had wished him luck as she did with every new school year, telling him to make the best of it and stay on top of his work to rank high among the sea of others all working to do the same thing. He eyed his schedule as he strode through the doors, blast of cool air causing it to flap precariously in his grip. Before his eyes could fall onto the room number for his first class the paper slipped from his grasp, winding and twisting it's way down the hall to be stepped on by unaware students and wisked off on another breeze pattern. 
 
Jinki sighed and chased after the the item, head down to keep up with it's ever changing patterns as it drifted down the busy hall. Unaware in his pursuit that his path was intersecting with someone paying about as little attention as himself. The pair collided clumsily, ending up in a heap of limbs in the center of the hall. Jinki groaned in pain, hip being driven into the hard cement floor in the fall. " Uugh..." He looked up at the boy above him as he rolled a bit to rub at the newly forming bruise to his side. 
 
The boy in question hovered over him, face changing from pain to wide eyed shock at the realization he'd collided with something alive and was currently entangled with it. He scurried to his feet and extended a hand to Jinki who took it and was tugged back to an up right position. The boy bowed, " I'm so sorry, I should have watched where I was going."  His brow furrowed together as he looked back to Jinki's face. 
 
Jinki shook his head, " It's fine, I wasn't really watching what I was doing either. I was too busy...Crap!" He looked around, having lost sight of the paper that had caused this whole mess.
 
" What is it? Are you ok?" He boy looked around as well, not sure what he was really looking for. 
 
" No, I'm fine. I just lost my schedule..." A warning bell rang, signaling students had only a few more minutes to get to their classes. " Ugh, of course..." He groaned, head dropping forward, arms hanging limp at his sides. Jinki's luck was never the best, this moment showing even a perfect stranger that fact clearly.
 
" Well, let me help you look for it. It's no fair that only you be late..." The boy twisted around, scanning the emptying hall. 
 
Jinki walked forward, eyes shifting quickly around the hall. " No, it's alright. I lost it before we smacked into each other." Foot steps jogged behind him, slowly to a stride when he'd caught up with Jinki. 
 
" It's the least I can do..." He pushed.
 
Jinki gave up the fight and nodded, " I'll take this side, you look down the other." 
 
The boy nodded in return, determination painting his features. The pair parted and searched opposite ends of the narrow hall. Jinki was amazed at how many pieces of paper could litter a hallway when the school had only been open for less then ten minutes. He'd found notes, forms, and schedules belonging to other students of every age range. Everything except for his own schedule; he leaned up once more, scratching at the back of his head in frustration as he deposited another piece of paper into the trash. 
 
" Lee Jinki?" His name was called out from a ways back down the the hall, he turned. The boy stood off to the side of the hall, waving a crumpled slip of paper between his fingers. 
 
Jinki broke out into a subconscious smile, returning to stand next to the boy. " Yep, that's me." Jinki took the paper from him and looked it over. It was his alright, granted it didn't have an array of dirty marks or mass of shoes prints when he'd lost it, but it was still legible. 
 
" Well, I guess I'll be going now." The boy bowed once again, taking a step back to leave. 
 
" Erm, ok...Well, what's your name?" Jinki was never the best when it came to conversating either.
 
" Me? Choi Minho." He tipped his head to the side as he spoke, big eyes blinking slowly as he stared down at Jinki.
 
" Thank you, Choi Minho."
 
Minho laughed, " No problem, Lee Jinki." He turned, long legs carrying him to his class. 
 
Jinki stood for a moment, watching him go. " What a nice kid..." The bell rang once again, class beginning without him. " Craaap!" He took off down the hall, tripping a bit as he looked for his class room once more.