Never too late

Obscured by the fallacy

Title: Never too late (It's a revamp version)

B.A.P Couple: DaeJae


 

 

My hands glided up the smooth creaseless fabric to the junction where my sternum lies to straighten my slightly tilted red tie trying to adjust it neatly so as to tidy myself up, making my appearance look smart and sharp for the coming promotion interview I am having later within minutes. And abruptly, I heard his desolated tipsy voice from the night before bombarded my mind once again causing me to drift into daze…

 

 

“Chuka haeyo, Dae.. I heard you might be promoted to the deputy CEO of the Pacific branch of the greatest medical company in Korea at the mere age of 28. Hahaha….” The intoxicated younger chimed as he swayed forward crashing into my chest with a half-filled bottle of soju in his hand. “ Hehehe…..You are so successful while I’m still stuck as a little vocalist of B.A.P….”

 

 

“I’m still a nobody….just a nobody…” He cried with forlorn tears watering down the edges of his eyes as his free hand fisted the collar of my suit, grasping it so tightly that his knuckles turned white.“Heh…are you pleased with everything you have now, Dae??? Do you know you did a damn right choice to leave us all to pursue your studies? What you said then was so true, passion alone wasn’t enough to sustain one’s livelihood. Being in B.A.P would never bring you far in life and the love we had was never noble enough to let you give up everything for me. Love wasn’t enough to make you stay for me…….” He muttered mockingly as he reached out his thumb to caress my pink lips, drawing light circles which made my heart throbbed painfully at the sarcasm etched to his every word.

 

 

“Do you know how much I resented you for abandoning B.A.P 6 years ago, Dae??  I’ve always selfishly hope that you’ll regret your choice for leaving us one day. Anniya, regret to leave me and abandon our relationship so easily but seeing how remarkable your achievements are today… I was wrong, I’m glad for you Daehyunnie…. “ He smiled bitterly with orbs laced with spurts of admiration and hurt. “Haha…..leaving me was right….sobs…..Dae~! ….hehehe”

 

 

Tears blurring his vision as he continued mumbling “But …you would never know how depressed I felt….” He gasped, slamming onto the his chest harshly…”My heart here is dying a little more every day knowing that you’re doing so well without me….I feel absolutely insignificant…..I feel utterly dumb….so dumb because I’m suffering every minute without you…….I missed you sooo much Dae……”

 

 

“………………….” Speechless… I didn’t know how to comfort his sorrows, only to hug him tightly in my arms.

 

 

“You won’t know how elated I’m now knowing that you’ve rushed all the way just for me when I said I’m in trouble….If I’ve known I would have texted you earlier………sniff…..but honestly Dae, I’m really tired of just meeting you once a month. I’m tired of only being your buddy…. Himchan hyung is right. I should get a grip of myself and not let you manipulate me with my love for you. Let’s end this…. Daehyunie-ah, don’t worry…I’ll find my own happiness, you must always stay happy too okay….I just want you to be happy”

 

 

“…I….I…..”

 

 

Glancing into his teary face beaming with adoration and sincerely, tears pooled in the back of my retina. I can’t make myself tell him the truth that I wasn’t contented with my life.  I felt miserable. This so called successful life I’m living now is not the one I wanted or dream of having.

 

 

I was never happy. For it was painful for me waking up every day finding myself having the need to drag myself to work because I’m tired of trying to satisfy everybody. I detested the fact that I had to smile brightly to all my clients, pleasing their every demand so that I could clinch a deal with them even when I’m sometimes truly pissed with their conceited and unreasonable attitudes. At times, without fail I have to lower my head and grin through their every scolding or complain to get over with their wrath and indignant.

 

 

And as I climbed up higher up the ladder of hierarchy, I’m obligated to shoulder more responsibilities and there are just too much commitments for me. Not only am I accountable of the welfare of my subordinates but I am answerable to my bosses. My mind is filled with nothing ideas of how to increase the profits and revenues of my organization so that I could secure my place in the company.

 

 

Life felt so meaningless because I never really enjoyed what I am doing right now. Honestly, I really missed the days I had singing my heart out in front of my babies where I felt the strong enthusiastic vibration of my vocal cords resonating throughout my body as I reached the high notes flawlessly. I could never forget the loud, energetic fan cheers that burnt an undying fire in my veins, giving me incessant motivations to continue performing beautifully. I really missed all the old times where I performed before a sea of audiences, dancing out my souls out till I was drained with flowing perspiration that prinked my weary eyes.

 

 

Although the dance choreography were difficult and hard to grasp but all the hardships from the incessant practices is paid off when the joy of rocking the stage kicks in. There was nothing as ecstatic as being able to do very thing you are passionate in. To me being able to sing zealously on the same stage with him was truly the best times of my life but this happiness could only be this ephemeral for there were other obligations I’m abide to fulfill. I need to shoulder my parents’ expectations of me and I had no choice but to forgo this fervor of mine that perfect my existence. I have to give up his adoration that had enriched my life, painting a dazzling picturesque scenery in the once plain canvas of my heart, bringing an exotic array of colours that had beautify my world.

 

 

 

I’ve choose the safest route for my future

 

 

 

But I…..I’m………

 

 

 

“Anniya….I should be thinking of this now ………….” I shrugged, slamming my hand irately onto the flat surface of the sink, allowing the pain to disperse my pessimistic thoughts. Inhaling a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I wetted my hands running them through my blonde locks, taming its loose strands as I looked up glimpsing into the mirror, slowing letting my crestfallen features reflected in my gleaming orbs.

 

 

 

I was never happy…..

 

 

 

Since the minute I left B.A.P…and him…….

 

 

 

Buzzzz!!!!!

 

 

 

Buzzzzzzzz!!!!!

 

 

 

My Iphone vibrated on the cold marble surface as the screen got flooded with numerous messages. Picking up the device in my palm, my eyes got red as I comprehended the phrases forming in my head…

 

 

To: Hearttless_Dae

From: able_JAE

 

 

Message: *Pouts* Yah!!! Where the hell are you??? Where is my morning kiss!!!!! <333333

 

 

Message: Damn, JUNG DAEHYUN!~! You know how I hated to wake up alone in the hotel room, Get the back in here. Argh…..

 

 

Message: Mianhaeyo!!!

 

 

Message: Daehyunnie, are you still angry with me because of the scene I’ve made yesterday?? I’m sorry…I was just drunk I didn’t mean to say that…Please don’t ignore me….Dae~! T_T

 

 

Message: Honestly It’s really okay, if we just meet for …I’m not trying to ask for more, I’m satisfied with what I’m having now…So please reply me, my heart is going to explode if you don’t ….. Psssstt……

 

 

Message: Dae…Are you really busy or what??? *frowns* Or are you really going to stop contacting me this time….*Cry a rivet of tears* .Anniya, you can’t do this to me…please….REPLY ME!!!!!!!

 

 

Message: Are you trying to kill me with sorrows, you bastard…..*Le sobs* I’m really really sorry…… PLEASE!!!!….REPLY ME!!!!!!!

 

 

Message: Awww…..*gasps*

 

 

Message:Curse my dumb brains *Salutes an apology*….I just remembered you’re having an interview this morning. Am I disturbing you???? ..Sorry for all the fuss, Dae.

Hwaiting!!!! Good luck, I’m rooting for you~! I know you can achieve everything you ever wanted…*faint smiles* My future deputy CEO ^^ Don’t worry about me…I’m just crazy over you….

 

 

 Message: Hmmmmm…..

 

 

 Message: Message me when the interview is over, I’ll be waiting for your reply!!!! Saranghaeyo Dae <3333

 

 

 

“Sniff………”

 

 

 

Pabo Jae…You don’t have to be so supportive. I know how much you are hurting inside when you said all these….Why can’t you act like a jerk like me….and screw me for always making you worried and tear…

 

 

 

I’m sorry, Youngjae….I shouldn’t have left you…….

 

 

 

Why did it took me so long to accept what Yongguk hyung said to me before I go…

 

 

 

“Daehyun-ah, I won’t stop you from pursing what you really want in your life but just never forget this. A lifetime is only so transitory so always do what you like and like what you do. Never live with regrets because passion and love is something worthy to plunge for. Happiness is within your reach if you only know how to cherish it.” He commented with an understanding pat on my shoulder. “Don’t forget to say your goodbye to Youngjae....he needs that closure….”

 

 

 

“Sniff………”

 

 

 

“Sobs…I’m wrong, so wrong…..Yongguk hyung…sobs. Is it already too late??” Can I have another chance again? Would you and Jae still accept me back??? I’m sorry that it took me so long to finally understand what I truly want this lifetime of mine…..

 

 

All I ever wanted is to be a part of B.A.P and his life regardless whether we are going to be famous or rich in the future because I sincerely adored every seconds I’ve spent with you all, my devoted comrades and my reticent love creating our own legacy in the music hegemony.

 

 

“Wait for me, Jae. I’ll be back………I don’t want to be any deputy CEO….I just want to be your lover and that small little vocalist of B.A.P you were mentioning once again.”  I screamed inwardly as I dashed out of the door, leaving the office building at the fastest speed I ever sprinted. Leaving behind all my fame, status and wealth I’ve accumulated over the years which had never brought me a single ounce of happiness towards an unseen future etched with optimism and a blissful hope for his love once again…

 

 

 

To: able_JAE

From: Hearttless_Dae

 

 

Message: I love you, pabo Jae….I’m not going for that freaking interview….I’m going to you…..do you like this answer~! *smiles*

 

 


Author’s notes:

                            It’s never too late to purse your love and passion when you found it for some searched their own life finding none. Just grasp it well and never let it go again for another opportunity may not always come knocking on your door.

                         I hope you enjoyed reading it, I’ve change it abit from the previous time, adding more DaeJae moments. Please comment and subscribe to the fic if you haven’t, do pity my poor empty comment box!!!!

                         Next up: Jonglo~! I hmm..it would be a lighter chapter, not much angst^^ Anticipate it.^^

 

Comment replies@

Jeri_28:  This is life, my friend. Yongguk have to live with the guilt that was done. It’s his fate…My dear…comment when you can okay..Thanks…

95lineyoung: I loved you sooo much, thanks for being my first commentor. I cried a bucket of tears just receiving your comment, you won’t know how depressed I was to see the comment box empty for so long…Mianhaeyo, I was a little emotional but I hope you like the DaeJae…continue commenting okay ^^