The Chaser

The Chaser

Yet again, they were at the race track. Woohyun and Hyemi have been best friends since young, and they had a common passion - racing.

 

"Last one to the track is an ice-cream !" Hyemi called out as she sprinted towards the race track where her car was placed at. Chuckling at the Woohyun who obviously had no chance of winning, she grabbed her helmet from the backseat and waited for his arrival.

 

"Yeah yeah, here's the ice-cream you love so much~" Woohyun rolled his eyes while he gave a small smile. Hyemi tossed his helmet to him and he managed to catch it with his swift reflexes before it had a chance to hit the ground. He jogged to his car to get his racing suit, while Hyemi did the same. They made their way to the lockers.

 

Punching in their codes, their lockers unlocked while they grabbed their necessary items. "Who's up today?" Hyemi asked after taking a sip of her water. "The reds, greens and purples. The rest aren't here."  Woohyun replied as he zipped up his suit. Hyemi pulled her hair back into a ponytail before zipping herself into the suit as well.

 

They made their way to the water station, where they proceeded to chug down litres of water before the race started. After taking long sips, they put on their helmets, clicked them tight and made their way to their racing babies. Woohyun looked at the promise ring he had gotten for the both of them and tugged them inside his pocket when Hyemi turned around and called for him to go. "Today's the day you'll be mine~" he muttered to himself as he flashed her a charming grin.

 

Driving their cars to the starting point, they waited for the signal to go. With the waving of the flag, the race had begun. Hyemi was leading the race, as always and Woohyun was right behind her. They were the best of the best racers, and they had won almost every race. Shifting the gears, Hyemi slowed down a little while turning, then picked up speed when the road was a straight one. This race track had 35 curves, which was quite a rare one, considering that most tracks only had around 25.

 

Woohyun stepped on the accelerator when he found his opponents tailing right behind him. The most unexpected had happened. BAM! Something bad had happened. A gut feeling in Woohyun made his heart fall, as he gripped tight onto his steering wheel. *Please.. don't let it be....*

 

He lost control of his senses when he saw a familiar car smashed up against one of the hills. Smoke was billowing out of Hyemi's car. Woohyun immediately stepped on the brakes and got out of the car, running towards Hyemi's. He threw his helmet on the ground as tears started flowing out from his eyes. Yanking the door of Hyemi's car open, he saw her unconscious, with blood trailing down her face to her suit.

 

He let out an agonised cry as he unbuckled her seatbelt and pulled her out of the car. "HYEMI-AH!!!" Woohyun cried while shaking the unconscious Hyemi that was lying on his legs. More tears started flowing as he tried to feel for Hyemi's heartbeat. She was still alive, but her pulse was faint. He let out heartful cries to his beloved while he shaked her again and again. Hugging her to his chest, he called out her name. "Hyemi... Hyemi-ah..."

 

The faint sound of sirens could be heard from a distance, as it became clearer and clearer. He rocked her side to side, praying that help would come soon. Tears were flowing out from his eyes, non-stop, showing his sorrow and fear. He tapped her cheek and shook her head, hoping that she'd open her eyes and assure him that she was fine. His sobs were getting uncontrollable as he continued for her. The sirens were getting pretty loud by this time. Woohyun held her close as he cried again. His fingers travelled to his pocket as he felt the two rings and he sobbed even harder.

 

"Hyemi.. You can't leave, I haven't even got the chance to tell you how much I love you.."

 

___________________________________________________________________

Spontaneous one-shot, hope you guys liked it! :)

I might or might not do a sequel, it depends. For now, the ending is for you to imagine!~ ^^