Let go

Fly

5/12/2012

7:52 p.m.

Soyeon watched the light blue sky churn the clouds. Her fingers twiddling back and forth with worry and impatience. Breath low and breathing out sighs of pity, a tear quietly rolled down her white cheek. Grasping her sleeve with her palm and wiping the salty droplet away. Saddened eyes roaming the park ground and legs kicking against the park bench, Soyeon heard the click of heels roam the park ground. The same heels she hears when Boram walks into the park from afar.

Slowly turning her head to the left from the slightly darkened sky, where the sound was returning. Swiftly scanning her round pupils around the overshadowed park.

There.

There she was.

Soyeon's heart bumped against her ribcages as she hesitantly pushed herself off the bench seat. She could see a balloon from the dark short figure named Boram. Soyeon's legs worked immediately and sped off towards her with full speed.

Wait.

Stop.

Something isn't right.

As her eyes adjusted to Boram's figure covered in the shadows, her head was downwards and her grip on the balloon string dug onto her palm. "Boram ? Boramiee ?" Soyeon skidded to a sudden stop and stayed about 2 feet away from her. Face stricken by frustration and disappointment, Soyeon could see a mid-air round tear plop against the concrete ground.

*Plop*

The tear dropped and stained the ground with circular marks. "Boram.. ?" A wave of worry flew past Soyeon's weak voice. Staring at the head that was staring at the ground, Boram gulped the hard lump on and looked up.

Soyeon could see that her childish eyes grew into painful red eye whites. Watery tears leaning out her bottom eyelids. Teeth biting her lower lips, until they bled.

Looking at her wordlessly, Boram lifted her tiny left hand with the balloon string trailing from it.

Soyeon's right hand twitched as it reached towards the white string.

Before her fingertips touched the plastic line, Boram's voice squeaked..

"I'm sorry."

Handing the white balloon towards her, she turned her back towards Soyeon and quickly tapped away. The familiar sound of the footsteps trailing away from Soyeon's drumming ears.

Looking at the white balloon, the transparent skin showed the shadow of a piece of paper.

A message.

A goodbye.

~Letting go is another way of saying "I love you"~