Balloons

Fly

Balloons are Boram's most prized possessions. Looking at the round floating colorful bob heads poke the sky, made her so happy. 

Soyeon understood that. Yeah.. balloons don't interest her, but she does it for her loved one. Soyeon still remembers how she captured her.

"Uhh.. he-here.. !" Soyeon ed a balloon string, in front of Boram. Looking to her right so that Boram couldn't see her blushing, Boram reached for the balloon string. Feeling herself loosing the grip of the string, Soyeon looked to see the sky blue balloon tower over her small height. Cheeks pounding a bright pink. Glimpsing to see the small letter she put inside the balloon, Soyeon said quickly "Pop the balloon later.." Giving quite an odd look at her, Soyeon spun around her heels and dashed off the opposite direction of the curious Boram. Looking up at the balloon, the bright sun's light reflected through the balloon. The small letter gently resting on the bottom of the floating rubber oval. Boram giggled at the sight of it.

Corny way of asking her out, right ? But Soyeon felt like it was the best way to ask her out. She got that magical "charm"..

Before meeting up with Boram, Soyeon would walk her way down to the balloon store and buy one colored balloon. Getting used to buying it atleast once a day, whenever it hit 7:30 p.m., the door of the store would open and Soyeon would be the one to walk in. Without even looking up, the manager of the place would ask Soyeon "So.. what color today, Soyeon ?" And everyday it would be different.

The wooden benches colored a slight shade of red and orange, Soyeon's wristwatch beeped at 8:00 p.m... Flicking the beeper off, Soyeon sat at the bench and tugged the string of the light purple balloon. Watching the sky turn a wretched color of deep orange and a tiny bit of dark blue, Soyeon felt a pair of small hands cup her eyes. The finger spaces showing tiny patches of the scenery still. Grabbing the fragile wrists, it snatched away and threw a back hug around the neck. "Soyeoniee !" Boram squealed her name. Soyeon flipped her head backwards from sitting on the bench and looked to see Boram's child-like face staring down at her with a grin.

Flipping her head back straight, Soyeon stood up and walked towards where Boram was. The light purple balloon now a faded purple, because of the dark sky, Soyeon grabbed Boram's hand and pulled the string towards her tiny fingertips. "See ? The color you wanted !" Soyeon nervously laughed. Giggling at her awkward answer, Boram pounced her in a tight hug around the neck. Tiptoeing to reach her height, Boram's pink stained lips tapped quickly on Soyeon's soft unexpected lips.

But this was before..

"What's wrong ?" Is what Soyeon's mouth breathed out before going to bed, every night. Not returning calls, no messages, no nothing. Nothing.

Everyday. She waits. Soyeon sits at that very park bench, where they used to meet everyday at 8:00 p.m.

"Where is my Boram ?"