Confused City Bunnies: Part IV

City Bunnies

 

Zelo let out a sigh after Yongguk left. It seemed to Zelo that he had believed that EJ was his girlfriend. He looked like he believed us, but he was acting kind of weird…not like Yongguk-hyung.

“I think he bought.” EJ stepped away from Zelo when Yongguk was out of sight. “Though he looked a little down.”

“Yeah, I was thinking he was acting weird.”

“Well, you did reject him so…”

Zelo nodded in agreement. That’s probably it.

“The job is finished, so pay up.” EJ smiled intently at Zelo with her hand out.

“Yeah, yeah,” Zelo pulled his wallet out, “Thanks for doing this for me. It was kind of random and awkward.”

“Aw, please, I do this all the time.” She waved a hand nonchalantly.

Zelo stopped to look at her with his wallet partially opened.

“I was kidding.”

Zelo laughed as he pulled out all the money in his wallet. He counted the bills, 5000 won…6000 won…6000 won…oh, …all I have is 6000 won. He looked up at her nervously. Was she counting too?

Zelo laughed nervously, “Well I have about-”

“-6000 won.” She finished.

He scratched the back of his head, Now what…I thought I had more…

“Give me your phone.”

“What?” Zelo backed away defensively.

“Just give it to me.”

He eyed her suspiciously but pulled it out of his pocket and handed to her. She took Zelo’s phone and pushed on the buttons.

“You own me a meal now, as well.” The girl pulled out her own phone as it began chirping. “I have your number now, so I’ll text you when I’m free.”

She handed Zelo his phone back.

“Well, I have to go,” She smiled softly at him. “Bye.”

Zelo watched her snap pictures of trees as she went, Does that mean we have a date?

 

 

 

Youngjae had known better than to go into the office. Why else would he have stood outside it? When Daehyun had gone in, he resisted the urge follow. When Himchan had pouted pathetically, he resisted the urge to go in for a better look. He knew the room was bad news from the second he had seen it refurnished. He didn’t want to go in there and he should have stayed out. How did I even get in here? I don’t even remember how…jeez, Youngjae ruffled his hair violently. He looked up to see Himchan cursing at the wall. He had started by pounding on the door, and when Youngjae had suggest they pull the pins to get out Himchan had looked like he was going to cry tears of joy. However, no knifes could be found. Looks like she got smarter. Youngjae thought he might have seen Himchan let out a lonely tear, but it was a too dark to tell. The lights had been bright before but when the door closed and locked they became dim. Damn mood lighting again. Youngjae realized that Himchan was not only yelling at the wall but specifically at a sconce.

“Uh, hyung…are you alright?” Youngjae got up and walked towards Himchan.

“Yes,” Himchan turned smiling, “Why?”

“You’re yelling at a sconce.”

A snort of laughter came from the couch. Youngjae ignored Daehyun and continued to look at Himchan.

“Don’t be silly, I’m not yelling at the light, I’m yelling at the CAMERA!” Himchan raised his voiced at the end and turned to glare at the sconce.

Youngjae moved closer to get a better look. He was leaning into Himchan as he moved his face closer. The bottom of the light fixture had a spherical bulb. The plastic wasn’t clear but it wasn’t solid either. Youngjae could make out a large camera lens inside the plastic. Maybe knowing this is here will give us an advantage. Youngjae felt warmth spreading down his back then something heavy leaned against him. He turned to look and came face to face with Daehyun. He had been looking at the camera when Youngjae had looked back at him. Daehyun turned his head until their noses bumped.

“So that’s the camera?” Daehyun asked calmly.

Youngjae could feel the warmth from Daehyun’s breath as he spoke. He nodded a response to Daehyun’s question his nose rubbing Daehyun’s cheek as he did so.    

“Are you two going to lean against me all day?” Himchan asked.

Youngjae shrugged Daehyun off him then sat back down on the couch. Daehyun sighed then went back to the couch as well.

“What do we do?” Daehyun asked looking at Himchan.

“Not what you two did last time.” Himchan answer quickly.

A song started to play and Himchan dung into his pocket. He tapped his phone and the music stopped.

“Hell no!” Himchan yelled at the camera.

The music played again and he tapped his phone.

“I said no, you dirty old woman.”

Daehyun leaned towards Youngjae, “You think it’s Noona?”

Daehyun jumped before Youngjae could answer. He pulled out his own phone and looked at it. ‘Don’t mind, Himchannie. He’s just being difficult.’ He held his phone up for Youngjae to see.

Youngjae looked up at Daehyun, “Déjà vu?”

“What kind of boss would I be if I did that? They would probably be like, ‘No you can’t. You dirty, nasty boss, how dare you take advantage of your employees.’ I don’t want to be that kind of boss.” Himchan whined at the camera.

He had his hand poised waiting for a reply. The music ended quickly as Himchan tapped the screen. He sighed heavily then looked shyly over his shoulder at his employees.

“She asked if you would be willing to go to first base.”

A smirking Youngjae looked at Daehyun. They both looked back at Himchan and answered him in unison, “No, you can’t, you dirty, nasty boss! How dare you try to take advantage of us.”

As his employees bust up laughing, Himchan looked back at the camera, “I guess that’s a ‘yes.’”

 

 

Himchan stood in front of Daehyun. He gently took Daehyun’s jaw into his hand and tilted his face up. Himchan bent at the waist so their faces were level then cocking his head to the side he kissed Daehyun. It was soft and sweet. Something Daehyun imagined a husband gave his wife right before he left for work. Wait does that make me the wife? It lasted longer that he had expected but he liked the pressure of Himchan’s lips. Daehyun could hear the sound of their lips parting. He found himself leaning toward Himchan’s lips but he would have denied it if Himchan ever asked. A smile on Himchan’s face made Daehyun wonder if he had noticed Daehyun wanting more.

Himchan looked over at Youngjae, “I’m sorry...”

“Just get over here.” Youngjae replied. “I’ve already kissed him so it’s not I care about his germs.”

“I know but it must be weird to kiss your boss.”

“What happens in Noona’s Red Room stays in Noona’s Red Room.” Daehyun smiled at the other two.

Himchan nodded then walked over to his other employee. He was going to do the same to Youngjae as he had to Daehyun. As Himchan reached his hand out, Youngjae tugged on his arm bringing him to his knees. Himchan swallowed loudly, Wasn’t expecting that… He put a hand on either side of Youngjae then leaned forward.

Youngjae watched as Himchan moved slowly towards him, very slowly. My hair might turn gray before he gets here. Youngjae had been wonder what kissing his boss was like ever since Noona had spilled the beans about him and Yongguk. I wonder if he’s any good. Youngjae lean forward to speed up the process.

Himchan had seen something in Youngjae’s face change. Is that frustration? Youngjae suddenly leaned forward. Himchan had expected to feel soft lips touch his but what he felt was a wet tongue. He watched the tongue retreat to its owner’s mouth. Youngjae smirked deviously at his boss.

“That counts as a kiss, right?” Himchan asked sounding breathless.

Youngjae moved forward again Himchan’s top lip then pressing their lips together. He smiled when Himchan’s lips pressed back into his. Himchan turned his head giving him better access to Youngjae’s mouth. He felt Youngjae’s tongue pushing on his lips.

Himchan pulled back slightly and whispered, “You’re a little .”

Daehyun laughed from the couch beside them. Youngjae glared at Himchan before biting his lips. Himchan jumped but let Youngjae continue. Okay, I deserved that. Youngjae kissed the spots where his teeth had hurt Himchan then he pushed Himchan backwards onto his . He stepped around Himchan and went to the camera.

“First base, Noona.” Youngjae raised a hand towards the door. “Now open the door.”

 

 

 

Yongguk’s face had been screwed in a scowl since seeing Zelo in the morning. He knew he wouldn’t be able to talk to Himchan until he got off work so he had been cleaning his apartment to keep busy. Yongguk surveyed his apartment, It doesn’t look clean…it looks like a tornado listening to death metal came it with its other tornado friends and had a mosh pit in my house. Yongguk kicked a pillow that was laying on the floor towards his couch. He reached into his pocket but found nothing. Oh no…oh no…I did not loose my phone in this mess. Yongguk tore his way through his house but still didn’t find his phone. He came back into the living room and spotted his phone on the kitchen counter.

“How long have you been sitting there?” Yongguk glared at the phone. “Didn’t you hear me tearing up the place looking for you? What you’re inanimate so…so…you couldn’t reply…? Yeah, I see. It’s not you fault, I lost you.”

Yongguk checked the time. He should be getting off soon. I’ll just go to his house. He grabbed a jacket then walked out. When he arrived at Himchan’s apartment, he rang the doorbell and waited. He pushed it several times but grew impatient. Yongguk began assaulting the doorbell.

“He’s not home yet.”

“Huh?” Yongguk turned in surprise. A woman stood holding a large envelope. She’s Himchan’s boss right…Noona, wasn’t it?

“Himchannie, isn’t home yet.” Noona smiled. “I’m sure he’ll be along shortly though. I came to drop this off, but since your here you can give it to him when you see him, right?”

Yongguk nodded hesitantly, She seems normal… She held out the envelope and he took it slowly.

“Tell him I expect him to complete what’s in there.” She pointed at the envelope in Yongguk’s hand. Noona turned and walked away her heels clicking on the floor as she went. Yongguk looked down at the envelope. He turned it over and read the word ‘Punishment’ in large red letters. Laughter forced its way out of Yongguk’s throat. He said she was going to punish him, and well here it is…

 

 

As good of a distraction as Noona was she didn’t keep away Yongguk’s impatience for long. He started to pace in front of Himchan’s apartment.

“Are you trying to wear a hole in the floor?”

Yongguk looked up to see Himchan.

“Couldn’t you ruin the floor outside someone else apartment? Like the mean, old man who lives a couple places down. He deserves-”

Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan’s neck. Yongguk blinked a couple times, Woah, why did I just randomly hug him like that? Just as Yongguk was going to let go of Himchan, he slid an arm around Yongguk’s waist.

“Rough day, yeobo.” Himchan sighed.

“What did you call me?” Yongguk’s arms dropped.

“Wait…no, I take it back. Don’t stop hugging. I already feel like a dirty old man, I had to kiss two of my, no, my only two employees. Don’t abandon me like this, I need your love.”

Himchan felt Yongguk move his arms up and down as if trying to decide if he was going to hug Himchan or stay angry.

“What…do you mean by love…?”

“Your sweet, sweet lovin’.” Himchan rolled his hips into Yongguk. If Himchan hadn’t been holding him Yongguk would have stumbled backwards. Yongguk jerked himself free of Himchan and started walking away. Himchan quickly grabbed onto Yongguk catching him around the stomach his head landing in Yongguk’s lower back.

“Wait, wait…I’ll be good, I swear.”

“Yeah, because you hugging my instills great confidence.”

“And what a nice it is. That was the last one I swear. I’ll let you go if you promise not to leave.”

“Even if I left, I think I would just end up back here.” Yongguk sighed.

“Really?” Himchan hopped up. “Can’t resist me?”

Yongguk stared as Himchan wiggled his eyebrows.

“As awkward as I feel with you…I don’t think I can.”

Himchan looked at Yongguk for a while. I didn’t really think this would turn into something…at least not this kind of something.

“Hurry up and open the door will you.” Yongguk scratched his head awkwardly.

 

 

“Never underestimate the power and cunning of evil.” Himchan looked at Yongguk with dead eyes. He was holding the envelope that Noona had given Yongguk. He sighed the ripped it open. A few minutes passed as he read the contents.

“She thinks you’re my boyfriend…”

“What?” Yongguk looked confused.

“She wrote ‘P.S. Bring you cute boyfriend.’”

Yongguk snatched the paper away from Himchan. It looked like a flyer someone hands out for a community activity. It was brightly colored and had large, bold lettering. Yongguk read the largest of the lettering, ‘Noona’s Boot Camp.’ Holy … He continued to read the flyer. Scribbled at the bottom of the page was ‘Bring your cute boyfriend.’ When Yongguk finished reading he set it down on the counter.

“You have to go. You said you would take responsibility.” Himchan whined.

Yongguk shook his head, “She told me specifically that you had to complete it.”

“Yes and she invited you.” He nodded with a fake smile. “Plus didn’t you say you would take responsibility? It is all your fault.”

“My fault?”

“You made me stay home when I should have gone to work.”

“I bet you wouldn’t have made it out the door!”

“Who knows?” Himchan shrugged, “But that’s not what happened so you need to take responsibility for what did.”

“Fine, when did it say it was?” Yongguk picked the flyer again. “In two weeks, okay. How long…for three days!”

“Gah,” Himchan threw his head back. “I should text Youngjae and Daehyun.”

Himchan’s pocket started playing music.

“Ah, I guess they got their invites.”

 

 

Himchan was on the phone with a three way call between him, Daehyun and Youngjae for about hour. Himchan had turned the speaker phone on when they had started yelling at him. Damn, those two can complain. Yongguk had watched Himchan pace around his phone trying to convince his employees not to quit. He was surprised when both employees agree to go with Himchan to ‘Noona’s Boot Camp.’ I can’t believed they agree to go with him…or should I say, us…why did I agree? Himchan collapsed on to the couch.

“Gah, those two are such babies.”

“She locked you guys in an office, and you call them babies. I think they’re justly cautious.”

“Ah, this is different. It’s at Noona’s house. She’s rich. She’ll make us run around and do push ups or something, then we’ll get to eat fancy food and sleep in soft, silky beds.”

Yongguk stared at Himchan for awhile, “That actually doesn’t sound too bad.”

“Yeah,” Himchan nodded. “Anyways, I’m sorry that took so long. I know you didn’t just come here to listen that. Tell me what’s on your mind?”

Yongguk looked up at Himchan but looked down quickly as Zelo entered his head, “I did something stupid. I think I might have ruined a relationship with someone important to me.”

“Ah, what happened?”

“I kissed…Zelo, but I didn’t do it because I liked him in that way. I know that much…now. It was totally impulsive. I…He was asking if I was okay…then I kissed him. I didn’t even consider whether or not I was going to it. I was thinking about something…w-what happened between us and what if I was gay…or if I wasn’t and after that-”

“-you kissed him.” Himchan filled in.

“There was this thing before…umm, like a memory or something. I mean, it was in my head so it had to be a memory. I think it was from the night we…” Yongguk paused. I’m an adult. I should be able to say it…even if it’s awkward as hell. “…had . I-I, uh, I felt happy.”

Himchan smiled, “Yeah, generally has that kind of effect on people.”

Yongguk frown at him, “I think it was before, and I’m pretty sure it was about you, not just having with you.”

“So, you like me, huh?” Himchan smiled thoughtfully, “My first boyfriend…”

“Yes,” Yongguk stopped. That came out way easier that it should have. “But, I’m not as worried about that as I am about Zelo. What if he hates me?”

“You’re worried about liking me?” Himchan screwed up his face. “Have you talked to him since?”

“Yeah, who wouldn’t be,” Yongguk smirked then got serious as he answered the second question. “He left his skateboard behind so I was waiting at park to give it to him. He showed up but I didn’t get to apologize or even talk about what happened. Then he introduced me to his girlfriend. I didn’t even know he had a girlfriend.”

Himchan nodded then shook his head as he talked, “I don’t think he hates you.”

“How do you know?”

“He didn’t tell you that he didn’t want to see you again. He didn’t call you a freak or ert. He found a way to stop what had happened and made sure it wouldn’t continue. I doubt he’s conscious of all that though.”

Yongguk nodded slowly then let out a long sigh, “So, should I apologize to him?”

“I think he’s already forgiven you but if it comes up I guess you can. He’ll probably avoid talking about it, and he might be a little awkward for awhile.”

Yongguk nodded again stopping to look at Himchan. “Thanks.”

“Your welcome. You should know this is one of the perks. I always take care of my boyfriends.” Himchan gave Yongguk a thumbs-up and a wink. “How about we go out for some dinner?”

 

 

 

Daehyun glared at his phone. He had just hung with Himchan. Somehow Himchan had convinced Daehyun to attend ‘Noona’s Boot Camp.’ He had been on his way home to change before he met up with Jongup when a messenger handed him a large envelope with the word ‘Punishment’ written on it. I didn’t even do anything to deserve punishment. Daehyun made it back to his house then called Himchan. Before he knew it an hour had gone by and he was late. . He ripped off his work clothes. The weather outside is nice so I can wear shorts. Daehyun pulled on a pair of jean shorts and jerked a t-shirt over his head. He jammed his feet into tan boots and grabbed a zip-up sweatshirt as he headed out the door. He texted Jongup as he ran towards to park.

 

 

When Daehyun approached the park he saw Jongup with several other people. One person was sitting off to the side while Jongup and other danced. At least he wasn’t bored while waiting for me. Daehyun walked up to the person sitting.

“So…what are they doing?” He asked.

The guy sitting looked up with bored eyes. He opened his mouth to answer but was cut off.

“Dance off!” The two dancing yelled in unison.

Daehyun laughed at their intensity.

“They’ve been at it for almost 40 minutes. You think they’d get bored.” The guy sitting shook his head.

“Jongup, maybe you two could call a truce?” Daehyun looked hopeful.

“Yeah, Seungho,” The guy who was sitting stood dusting off his pants. “Can we go eat?”

Seungho and Jongup stared at each other.

“Alright,” Seungho stuck his hand out. “Truce.”

“Next time I’ll win,” Jongup smirked.

“Aigoo, so confident. Hyung will have to put you in your place.” Seungho bellowed a laugh then walked away with the other guy. “Let’s go Byunghee, I’m so hungry.”

“That was what I’ve been saying for the past forty minutes.”

 

 

Daehyun and Jongup watched the two walk out of the park. When they were out of sight, Jongup turned to him.

“I totally won that one. He just wouldn’t admit I was better.” Jongup nodded.

Daehyun snorted, “Of course.”

He took the time to look Jongup up and down. Jongup wore a gray wife beater with a pair of jeans. How surprising. He was still breathing heavy from dancing.

“Shiny.” Daehyun ran a finger down Jongup’s arm. His finger slid quickly through the sweat.

“Ah, sorry…I guess we got carried away.” He replied wiping his arms off.

“No, no. It was my fault for being late. I’m sorry you had to wait.”

“What did take you so long?”

Daehyun scrunched his face up, “Noona…is forcing everyone to attend a boot camp or something like that.”

“A what?” Jongup cocked his head.

“Haha, yeah, I have no idea. It’s in about two weeks.” He sighed. “Since you worked so hard I think you earned a big dinner. I know just the place. Come on.”

 

 

Daehyun lead Jongup to a restaurant with a sign that read ‘Gogigui.’

“Woo!” Jongup yelled happily. “But isn’t this place a little expensive.”

“No worries, I got some bonuses for…” Daehyun looked over guiltily, “Well, the first one wasn’t intentional, but the bonus was really good so I was willing to go along with her evil ways.”

“Uh, what are you talking about?”

“You remember when I said Youngjae and I got locked up in the office? Well, I was the one who suggested we put on the show…you know, kiss, so because it was my idea Noona gave me a bonus for that. She also told me if I saw another opportunity and I took she’d give me another bonus. Which reminds me…there was an opportunity today in which I ended up kissing Himchan but he also kissed Youngjae.”

Daehyun waited for Jongup to reply.

“I’m a bad boyfriend, aren’t I?”

Jongup laughed, “Maybe, but if you’re my boyfriend what does that make Youngjae?”

“Booty call?” Daehyun smirked then walked in the restaurant.

 

 

Jongup beamed as the smell of meat filled his lungs. He looked around at all the tables. Where should we sit? He stared at a table towards the back. Is that Yongguk and Himchan? He turned to Daehyun and saw the other’s eyes widen. Daehyun pushed Jongup towards a table against one of the walls.

“Was that Yongguk and Himchan?” Jongup looked at Daehyun.

“Yeah, I don’t want them to know we’re here.”

“Huh? Why?”

“I think they are on a date.”

“What?!” Jongup almost yelled. But didn’t Zelo tell me he kissed him and that he liked him?

“Shhh,” Daehyun put a hand on Jongup’s mouth. “Don’t draw attention. They can’t see us from this table but we don’t want to make a scene.”

“What do you mean ‘I think they are on a date.’?” Jongup lowered his voice.

“Well, I heard from Noona that they had . I think it was the night when we all when out for lunch. I guess they were really drunk. So why else would they come out to eat together after that? It would be too awkward to go out alone as friends so all that’s left is a date.”

Jongup nodded, Maybe that was what was bugging Yongguk? But why kiss Zelo? I wonder if Zelo has talked to Yongguk… Jongup pulled out his phone and opened a text to Zelo.

“Who you texting?” Daehyun leaned close to Jongup looking at his phone. Jongup felt Daehyun press his cheek into his.

“Zelo, I have something I need to check with him.”

“Ah.”

 

 

The meat was sizzling on the grill when Zelo replied to Jongup’s text. Jongup read Zelo’s summary on his morning. Jongup bit his lip trying to decide whether or not to tell Zelo about Yongguk and Himchan. Daehyun looked over at Jongup.

“Is something wrong?”

“No…” Jongup replied absently.

“Hey!” Daehyun waved a hand in front of Jongup’s face. “What’s wrong?”

“Ah,” Jongup looked at Daehyun’s concerned face. I can always tell Zelo tomorrow. “Sorry, I can deal with it later. Wow, the meat smells so good.”