Why

The Misconception
:::::::::

I almost dropped the CD album in horror as I heard the door of the old music building open and voices fluttered in.

In panic and in shock, I quickly placed the CD album back on the floor and ran out of the dance room.

My eyes widened and my heart pounded as I recognized the voices as the voices of BEAST.

I quickly ran towards one of the old and trashed dance rooms that I hardly use and slipped in between the door just in time to see BEAST coming up the stairs to where the dance rooms were.

I stumbled through the dark dance room and finally came to a corner that was far away from the door.

I huddled in the corner, straining my ears to hear what BEAST were doing in this old and deserted building.

“Hyung, this seems like an awesome place to practice while we're here at school! Let's practice here during lunch and free period!”

I identified it as Dongwoon and when the sentence registered in my mind, my heart dropped into my stomach.

I had the same lunch and free period as them.

::::::::::

I sat there, waiting for them to go away so that I could go.

My eyes widened and my heartbeat sped up as I realized something.

I had left my bag out there, next to the piano.

I cursed myself silently as I prayed that they would not notice it.

And to my relief, they finally left.

I quietly crept up and towards the door which was slightly ajar.

When I reached the door, I opened it slightly more so that I could peer out and check if BEAST really left.

My eyes widened as Kikwang stood there, leaning against the doorway, smirking at me.

“Ah, so it's you that was in here.” He said, propelling himself off the wall and towards me, pushing the door open so that he could clearly see me.

“H-how did you know that I was here?” I stuttered, staying in the dark dance room even though Kikwang beckoned me to come out.

“I saw your bag by the piano.” He pointed at my dark blue bag which was on the floor, at the edge of the piano seat. I bit my lip and glanced at him.

“So you like coming here too, huh?” He asked, surprising me. I nodded shyly and he smiled.

“Do you play the piano? Do you dance?” He asked, all the sudden eager to know more about me. I bit my lip once again, thinking whether I should tell him or not.

“Why are you talking to me?” I asked, in a rather cold voice. His head jerked back in surprise and his eyes widened.

“Huh? Why wouldn't I talk to you?” He asked, rather confused. I dropped my gaze to the floor, avoiding his eyes.

“You heard the girls in English. I'm a freak.” I said in a monotone but truthfully, on the inside, I was crying hysterically because I hated that they always had to remind me.

“No, you're not. You're not a freak. They're just jealous of you.” He insisted and for a moment, I almost believed him.

But I couldn't.

No, he is a kingka.

He is like all the other people.

Arrogant and mean.

“Why? Because you're an idol?” I retorted and quickly dodged out of the dark dance room, mad and and also because I did not want to hear the answer.

I ran towards the piano, picked up my bag, and practically flew down the stairs.

I glanced back quickly to see Kikwang standing at the doorway of the old dance room, gaping at me.

:::::::::