The Bride

We Got Married: Shindara

 

I hate Seungri.

 

I hate Seungri.

 

I hate Seungri.

 

I heard someone groan and I realized I must have spoken my thoughts loudly. Taking my arm off my face, I slowly opened my eyes only to see TOP, Big Bang’s charismatic hyung, roll his eyes. “I know, noona. You have said that like a million times already,” he said as he continued to fiddle with my phone.

 

Wait…my phone?!

 

And more importantly, why is he even here with me?

 

“Ya!” I screamed as I pounced on him, grabbing my phone on the process. He willingly gave it away after my fingers found its way to his neck. I shot him a deadly glare and went back to the couch where I was moments ago.

 

“Aish! My pretty neck!” TOP was scowling when he saw his reflection on the mirror. My fingers left a few purple marks and it only looked worse because his creamy white complexion created a deep contrast. He turned to me, saying, “Now it looked like hickeys!”

 

“TOP, hickeys are not purple. They’re reddish,” I explained and almost bit my tongue when I saw his expression after I said that. His lips curled into a mischievous smile and his eyes screamed of playfulness.

 

“Eh? How should you know? Have you had one before?” he teased and I felt heat rushing to my cheeks. “Aigoo, naughty Sandara Park!”

 


 

Naughty Sandara Park…

 

Yes, I’ve been a bad girl.

 

But you’re only considered as bad when you get caught, right?

 

And I wouldn’t even be caught if it wasn’t for Seungri’s big mouth.

 

A week has already passed since that embarrassing episode of Strong Heart. Seven days has passed since I almost killed Seungri backstage after he revealed the thing he wasn’t supposed to. I could have succeeded getting rid of the evil maknae if Taeyang didn’t interfere and carried me away from Seungri.

 

“Let me go!” I pounded my fists on Taeyang’s muscular side as I tried to wiggle out of his tight hug. “Seungri needs to shut up for good!”

 

His hug only got tighter as he pleaded, “Noona! We just had our comeback! Yang-hyung won’t like it if we are missing one member!”

 

“Deukkie could replace him!” I shrieked. “Really! What made Ssajangnim pick that rat instead of Hyunseung, I will never understand! He should have chosen Hyunseung instead.” That was the only time I actually said that out loud, though I heard the rest of Big Bang say it once or twice, especially when Seungri gets out of line.

 

“Who was the third guy anyway?” Taeyang curiously asked and I finally stopped my childish tantrum. His hug became loose and he looked at me, his eyes full of worry.

 

“Uh…”

 

I was about to reveal who it was when Jjangmae rushed to my side and whispered, “Dara-yah, Yang-ssajangnim called. He wants you and Seungri in his office now.”

 

OMG.

 

“Oh, and call CL too.”

 

Triple OMG.

 

My jaw dropped and I stood there frozen, looking like a stupefied moron, so Taeyang volunteered to get CL and Seungri for me. Moments later, they came out, bickering like always. CL rushed to my side and started shaking me, like a kid desperate to take the coins out of the slot of a piggy bank.

 

“Unnie! How could you betray me like this?!” she wailed. “Who is the third guy? Who?!”

 

She was shaking me too hard that I found myself dizzy after she let go of my shoulders. Tears were starting to form into my eyes and I embraced her, saying my apologies. I couldn’t help but think that the particular scene was our most emotional ChaeRa moment.

 

Jjangmae broke our hug and began pushing me, CL, and Seungri out of the studio and into the van. We rode our way to the YGE Building in silence. We were all tired from the day’s event and I don’t think someone was really in the mood to talk. Yes, even Seungri, YGE’s resident blabbermouth.

 

My feet suddenly felt like lead when we reached the seventh floor and I found myself hyperventilating. CL also lost her tough exterior and looked extremely worried. And Seungri…he looked indifferent. Maybe because he spent half of his life getting sent to our boss’s office and it made him immune to admonishments.

 

Seungri knocked on the glass door and we all entered when we heard our boss allowing us to go inside. Yang-ssajangnim gestured the empty long couch and we sat obediently, waiting for him to say what he had to say.

 

He was closing his eyes and rubbing his temples, which meant he was really angry, and I cringed as I thought of the possible punishments I would receive. We all flinched in terror when our boss finally spoke.

“I’m sure you all know why you are sent here. The director sent me a live footage and it made me extremely disappointed,” he paused and pointed at me and CL. “Especially the two of you. CL, you’re the leader and you had no idea that this was happening under your nose. And Dara, you could have waited for a few months more for the dating ban to be lifted, but instead you decided to break the rule.”

 

I lowered my head in shame and busied myself flexing my fingers. CL sighed in defeat and after an awkward pause, she said, “Ssajangnim, aren’t you disappointed at Seungri? He was the one who revealed the secret in front of an audience.”

 

“I’m always disappointed in him,” our boss bluntly said and CL smirked while Seungri grimaced. Ssajangnim turned to me and asked, “So Dara, who is that third guy?”

 

My eyes widened with fear and I deliberated whether to tell him or not. Tired of waiting, he turned to Seungri and asked him. The rat sang like a canary and I had to fight the urge to end his life that instant. CL, on the other hand, looked shocked and she stared at me like she can’t believe what she just heard. Our boss fell silent upon hearing who it was and after a few minutes, he said, “Come back after five days. I’ll give you your punishment.”

 

CL managed to forgive me and I was immensely grateful, although she was watching me more closely than before. But five days later…

 

“What?! Hyung, that’s not punishment! That’s torture!”

 

Seungri almost jumped out of his seat in surprise while Chaerin was literally pulling her hair out of her scalp when they heard what their punishment was. The company has decided to make another sub-unit, with CL and Seungri as the stars. The executives must have observed the evident animosity between the two.

 

CL and VI.

 

Cat and dog—the worst possible combination.

 

If their punishment was like that, mine would be worse.

 

A folded piece of paper was given to me and I drew a deep breath before I opened the paper that held my impending doom. My fingers swiftly unfolded the paper and I felt my eyes burn when I saw what was written there.

 

“Congratulations Dara-ssi,

 

You have been casted as part of the fourth season of Korea’s hottest reality show, We Got Married. In two days, you’ll meet your TV husband and we hope you’ll have a great time.

 

WGM Production Staff”

 


 

My simple reminiscing was cut off when I heard TOP chuckle. He was looking at his phone, smiling like a monkey and I got instantly annoyed. In a few minutes, my husband will be knocking on the door of my dressing room and I don’t want him seeing TOP with me.

 

“Why are you here anyway? Don’t you have a schedule or something?” I asked, frustrated with TOP and his teasing.

 

He showed me his phone and said, “Look, Tae Hwan is pissed off. And Jaejoong too.”

 

I groaned inwardly and thought, Great. He just ignored my question and texted every hot datable guy around. Thank you for the help, Bingu TOP.

 

“Who’s going to be your husband anyway?” TOP asked after I snatched his phone away from him.

 

“I don’t know,” I said and I handed him the clue given to me.

 

“A handsome funny guy who belongs in an idol group with many members,” TOP read aloud the words written on the letter given to me. “Any guesses?”

 

I covered my face in embarrassment and shyly said, “I don’t know. There are a lot of groups out there with many members. They didn’t even specify how many is many.”

 

“Z:EA? Infinite? 2PM? UKISS?” he randomly guessed and when I opened my eyes, I saw that he was already wearing the shirt given to me by the WGM staff. “Maybe it’s Super Junior.”

 

I stood up and headed to the comfort room, thinking, No, I doubt it. He wouldn’t do something like that, would he? But then again, Ssajangnim is a big troll.

 

Before I closed the door, I called TOP and said, “Ya! Once I finished my business here, I want that shirt removed from your body! My husband’s coming and I still have to wear that!” I heard him say yes and I sighed, trying to calm myself.

 

This is it, Dara-yah.

 

You can’t mess up now.

 

From now on, you’re a married celebrity.