can't say it

My Heart's Melody (one-shot)

 

That moment in my life keep repeating for the past weeks already. It started when he told me that he couldn’t go to the same school where we planned to attend to. His parents want to go back to their hometown and he can’t stay here alone. Of course I know that. I feel happy for him because he can attend college to a more prestigious school than what we’ve planned.

But at the same time, I’m sad. I don’t even know the real reason that I’m sad. I only know that I’m sad because we’re going to live in a different place now.

 

Today is the last day of our senior year. It is also the day that he will be leaving. And this is the last event of the school year, the graduation ceremony. I was asked to perform a song where all of us can reminisce our happy moments during our stay in high school. I’ve decided that the song I will be performing is “Last Farewell” by BigBang.

When it’s already me who will perform, I stand in the center with my guitar. I started playing while scanning the crowd until I saw the person I was looking for. And suddenly, I stopped. And before I even noticed it, I played a different song… “Lonely by 2ne1”.

After performing, there was a long pause, It was like everything stopped moving. Then I hurriedly but in slow pace exited the stage. I went out of the gymnasium and keep running while crying with no idea where to go.

Of all the places, I went here at the rooftop, there, I still keep on crying . A couple of minutes later, I heard the door opened and footsteps coming towards me. I know it’s him. Just like the first time we met, he just seat next to me and waited for my cry to subside.

 

I never felt it like this before. But now, I’ve now known the reason that I have overcome my stage fright. The truth is… I didn’t overcome it. I still have the stage fright. But when I know that he’s there watching me, I just give in to my heart’s content. But now that he will leave me, not noticing even the simplest thing, I don’t know if I still can sing to my heart’s content. Because I know that the only reason I’m singing is... for him, for my best friend or rather… for the one whom I don’t even know that I stupidly fall for… KWON JIYONG.