FINAL

You can’t have both in your hands. That's what they said. (ONESHOT)

I didn't check the spelling, grammar, etc. So sorry if there are mistakes. :) JUST WRITING FOR FUN and for letting ASDFGHJKL emotions out.

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

“Key hyung, do you want to hang out today?” Minho nervously asked.

“I can’t. Sorry, I have to go.” I flashed him a crooked smile and my heel.

 

 

This has been a big issue between Jonghyun and I.

Since the day he felt something odd from Minho, he’s been telling me to avoid the latter. It’s been

so long since I started suppressing this lonely feeling  I’ve been keeping  to myself since then.

I can’t tell Jonghyun. Why? Because as of him, jealousy comes first before me.

He never listened to me, or at least tried..

 

There really is nothing going on between me and Minho. We’re just friends, or at least that’s what I

thought.

But I can’t blame Jonghyun either. I know I’ve been spending more time with my friends than him.

It’s just that our schedules don’t match, so we have lesser time to see each other.

Life’s just so unfair.

 

‘You can’t have both in your hands.’

And that’s what they said.

 

I mindlessly walked to the second pavilion in front of the Art building and plopped on the

concrete seat. I heard a beep sound and glanced at my watch. 3pm. He’s going to be here anytime

soon. I smiled to myself.

We’ve been having problems, but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy with him anymore. I was

gradually falling into daze while waiting for him, until I felt someone sit beside me.

At first I thought it was just a random student, but then, the latter pulled me into a tight hug.

Without even glancing, I already know it was him.

 

“Hi. How was your day?”

“It’s fine. Sorry I was late. The professor extended his lecture for a bit.” He apologized and kissed my

cheek.

“It’s okay, Jjong.” I chuckled.

“Want to watch movie?” He asked.

“Uhm. No.”

“Then what do you want to do, then?” He whispered to my ear.

“Nothing much. Just stroll around the mall, and drink milk tea.”

“Sounds good to me. Shall we go now?”

 I nodded as he pulled me to his car.

 

 

We entered the mall with a smile painted on our faces. He suddenly held my hand and pulled me to a bookstore.

“What are we going to do here, Jjong?”

“Uhm. I just need to browse books for our next project.”

“What project? I’ll help you, then.”

“Really? You’ll do that?” He asked like a cute child.

“Of course. Let’s go.”

We naturally browsed books in the architecture section, and looked for books that will help him with his project.

“Jjong! I think this will do.” I stated while waving a thin book in front of his face.

“I think so too. Let me see.” He scanned the book and gave me a wink.

“Ugh. Stop that, Jjong.” I groaned.

“What? Don’t you like it when I do that?” I innocently asked and made a pout.

“Shut up.”

“Aigoo. Key’s mad at me.” He continued to play around, but I just ignored him.

“Stop ignoring me.”

“Stop bothering me, I’m busy.” I replied while searching through the shelves.

“Okay, okay.”

Silence suddenly filled the air, and it was kind of annoying.

“Yah, Jonghyun. Aren’t you done yet?”

“I think I’ve got what I need now.”

“Then hurry up and pay for it. I’m hungry.”

“Yes, baby.”

“Hm.”

“Hey.”

What?”

“Stop being like that.”

“Fine. Just go and pay for it.”

He made his way to the counter as I browsed through piles of magazine behind the notebooks. I looked around and spotted a familiar face from the other aisle.

Minho.

Oh my God I’m in deep .

I hurried to Jonghyun’s side and tugged on his arm.

“Aren’t you done yet?” I pouted.

“Almost. Why baby?”

“N—nothing. Just hurry up.”

“Okay.” He smiled and patted my head.

The cashier staff handed him the books and bowed.

“Thank you.”

I pulled him out of the bookstore, until I heard someone call my name.

“Key?” I stopped from my tracks and glanced at Jonghyun. He seemed to recognize the voice as his jaw suddenly clenched. He turned around and smugly faced Minho.

“Minho, you’re here.”

“Hi h—hyung.” Minho managed to reply and Jonghyun nodded once.

“Let’s go, Key.” He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the parking area.

 

 

Since that moment happened everything just dawned on to me.

“I really can’t have both.”

I can’t lose Jonghyun in exchange of an awkward friendship with Minho.

I know Jonghyun just loves me too much to be this jealous.

Therefore, I just have to choose and live for what’s best.

What’s best for us.

 

“Jjong.” He stopped from his tracks and shot me an electrifying gaze.

“Just don’t say it if you’re going to—“

And with that, I pulled him into a deep kiss.