My Memory is Yours (FIXED)

[ONESHOT] THIS MEMORY IS OURS

~=TIMELESS=~

It was pitched black. What the boy saw was just total blackness. His body felt numb, but he could still feel the painful wave inside his body or something sticky trickled down his temple.

He tried to open his closed-eyes, yet they were so heavy somehow. Unconsciously, he scrunched up his eyebrows, feeling there was something wrong with this. With putting more effort, he tried once again to open them. When it happened, he could see a dim light shining through his half-opened eyes.

His vision was blurring. He barely saw his own hands which were lying beside his throbbing head. He managed to blink his eyes rapidly, trying to clear his hazy vision.

By the time his vision got clearer, he saw a man’s face. Somehow, that face was familiar to him. His eyes were half-opened and looking back at his. He could tell something was off. His eyes, his eyes were so lifeless. There’s no light reflected from those dark-brown orbs.

He attempted to focus his eyesight to get a better view, and then it hit him. He opened his mouth wide in silence the next second, although he wanted to scream out loud, but nothing came out. Something caught on his dry throat, halting it to be done. He let out a choke sound while tears streaming down his face.

He couldn’t let out a voice. Any single word couldn’t escape from his lips either. He couldn’t think. His mind was blank. It’s like he were alone in this foreign world. And that’s why he’s crying.

He tried to move his hand to reach his face but, it wouldn’t budge at all. He couldn’t feel it.

His mind started to scream, ‘What happen to me?’

‘What happen?’

‘Where am I?’

‘What happen to us?’

Those questions flooded in his complicated mind. Occupying every single cell on his brain nerves. Those unanswered questions still flowed along with the endless time, and still played in his mind over and over again.

Before he could find the real answer, a wave of dizziness suddenly swept through his head. And the next thing he saw was black.

 

It was pitched black again. What he saw was total blackness. His body felt so numb, as it was. But, he could hear noises from his surroundings. He even heard people talking. A deafening siren sound could be heard from the distant.

Once again, he opened his eyes. It was much easier than the last time. A bright light welcomed his eyesight as he threw his sight around.

Those lifeless eyes were still there. Still looking back at him. Subsequently, tears started to form on his eyes in no time. He moved his hand a little further, and it did. His hand moved shakily toward that cold, pale face.

“Jo—Jongin…,” he breathed out, letting out a name. His voice was soft, more like a whisper. It was barely audible since noises from people around him had drowned it.

In split second, those people started to gather around him. Their muffled sounds could be heard everywhere. He couldn’t really catch of what they talked about. He set his eyes back on those once bright and cheerful eyes. For his subconscious mind screamed for those lifeless eyes to come back alive.

But, those longing eyes were closed by a muscular hand abruptly, leaving it to be closed forever.

He lifted his head to see who the person was, but to no avail, he couldn’t move, for even an inch. His neck felt so stiff yet hurt.

Out of the blue, he felt his body being lifted up by someone. That person turned his body over deliberately and the other person put a big mask on his face, covering his nose and mouth. Somehow, he could feel a fresh air went down his lungs as he breathed.

He looked up to see those foreign faces talking to him, but still he couldn’t really catch what they say. They kept talking to him and sometimes caressing his cheek. Briefly, he could catch one of the sentences they’re saying, “Don’t worry, you’ll be okay.”

He unconsciously nodded softly while breathing through the oxygen mask as he turned his head toward the laying person who now was covered by the white sheet already. His eyes widened in shocked, ‘NO! JONGIN!’

He screamed inside his head as he started hyperventilating hard after seeing random people taking him to nowhere.

No!! Don’t take me anywhere!”

‘I want to see Jongin!’

‘Let me go to him!’

‘Please! I beg you!’

Those pleading words were just trapped in his dull mind. He could do nothing but stared at the covered body. His raging mind wouldn’t stop, it kept on crying out his eagerness as he, once again, tried to move his trembling body. But before it happened, something worse than this initially taking its place.

He gained strength as he jerked up his body up then dropped it down as soon as the wave of the familiar feeling washed over his body for the second time. It was much more painful than the first time. The boy winced up in pain as he coughed out the scarlet fluid from his tiny mouth. The metallic taste started to invade his mouth as he gasped for air. It’s even harder to breathe. It felt like his chest tightened with unknown force, making him choke even more. His surrounding became noisy in a flash, many voices rang through his ears as more figures came approaching him.

Through the sound of his beating-heart and the sound of his own chokes, he could still hear the conversation among the foreign people as he caught few statements.

“! He broke his ribs!”

“We have to take him to the hospital quickly!”

Another…

“Look! He chokes on his own blood! His lungs are damaged!”

And another one…

“The ribs puncture his lungs!”

And the last one….

“Come on!! He’s starting to lose consciousness!”

…..before the darkness engulfed him completely….

 

It was white now. The light was so bright till he couldn’t open his eyes fully. He attempted to move his hand, and yes, it did move. He shielded his eyes from the blinding light as he caught a familiar figure in white. The figure was standing far ahead him with the back facing the confused-boy.

“Jongin-ah?” the boy let out a small voice, while his bare foot made his move toward the figure named Jongin.

“Jongin-ah…” he called him for the second time, hoping the figure would turn his head around to show his loving face.

He was close enough to reach out his hand and touch the standing-figure, but he halted it as the figure started to turn his body around.

The image before him was unexpected. The boy had to clasp his wide-opened mouth and to suppress the scream that manage to escape. The figure was really Jongin. His Jongin. But, he’s different, not completely different actually, but he could tell that this figure was really him.

Jongin’s face which was flawless and handsome and somehow attractive was now full of blood and scars. He’s not even smiling. His face looked so desperate.

The boy only stared at him in disbelief. His mind yelled, ‘WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU?’

But, that was just happening in his mind. Only in his mind. He couldn’t move his lips. He couldn’t let out any single voice through his vocal chords. He even couldn’t dart his eyes from the bloodied face.

The two males stood there in silent when suddenly Jongin dropped down to his knees, making the latter swiftly caught the falling body from hitting the cold floor.

He embraced the fragile boy in his small arms as caressed his bloodied face, trying to remove the sticky fluid off his once beautiful face.

“Jongin-ah…” his voice was cracked; he even didn’t realize that the tears had flown freely on his soft cheeks.

Jongin tried hard to lift up his head to see the latter’s face but, to no avail, his body refused to do the order. He closed his eyes briefly before opening it slowly to see the eyes he loved the most staring back at him.

Jongin opened his mouth then closed it, then opened it but closed it right away without words came out from his pale lips. The other boy put his index finger on Jongin’s mouth, preventing him to let out any words, “Shh…don’t talk…”

But Jongin who’s born to be a stubborn boy, disobeying the latter’s words as he tried once again to deliver the words.

“Hyung…” he started, furrowing his eyebrow as he held the painful feeling in his chest. His voice was so soft and barely audible.

The elder was forced to let the younger one speak out, knowing that the younger had an urge to say a few words.

“I…” he paused, taking a long deep breath before continuing, “I love you, Luhan hyung.”

The confession had been told. The statement had been spoken. The name had been revealed. Only the answer was left behind.

 

~=THE PRESENT=~

It was so bright. The light was so bright that could make the tiny eyes flutter open but to close straight away as if shielding them from the pain. To his hearing, he could hear faint words penetrated through his ears.

“Luhan…”

“Luhan…”

The voice kept chanting the same name over and over again. The man’s mind tried to figure it out. To figure who the owner of the name was.

“You’re awake…”

Then it happened again, the faint voice became louder and closer. It sounded like there was a person standing above him and speaking directly to him.

The man once again opened his eyes, slowly but sure. For a little time ahead, he managed to open his eyes wide to meet a white ceiling above him. He furrowed his eyebrows; he was sure there was a person talking to him a moment ago.

“There,” the same voice came back to his ears. He glanced around to see who it was but, his neck felt so stiff. He decided to stay still until the person went closer.

There were many footsteps coming toward his direction. Many foreign faces filled his eyes. A guy in white suddenly came approaching him, bringing a blinding flashlight over his worn-out eyes.

Then another figure came into view. He got nearer while talking with the guy in white. He threw a loving smile at him; something about him he couldn’t catch was who this person exactly. Did he even meet with him somewhere?

The figure was good-looking he could say, but his tired face was visible. He even had eye bags below his shining eyes. It looked like he was aging a lot in fast pace.

With a small nod from the handsome figure, finally the guy in white left; leaving the two of them in the white room. His handsome face was still decorated with a tender smile that made the butterflies in the boy’s stomach flutter.

He came closer and closer until the figure standing straight beside him. His big hand clutched the man’s warm hand as his other hand caressed his left cheek.

“You’re finally awake,” he spoke. The figure was definitely talking to him, calling the man with the foreign name.

‘Luhan? Is that really my name?’ as so he thought.

The handsome figure kept on smiling while caressing Luhan –how he was called- cheek continuously. But in the next minute, the sweet smile faded, replaced by a frown. A deep frown.

“Lu?” he called as he brought his face closer to Luhan’s face. Luhan was startled due to the sudden closeness.

“How do you feel?” He spoke again, only to receive no response from the latter. He moved his face further, eyes still fixed on the lying figure.

Luhan stared at him for a little while before moving his lips, letting out words, “Who are you, ahjussi?”

 

After few days of treatment, Luhan could be discharged from the hospital. The doctor assumed that Luhan suffered from amnesia. His head was badly injured last time he once brought here. He added that the ‘something’ which hit his head was the cause of this serious injury, leading a memory loss.

Since there was a statement that the handsome guy was the one who responsible for Luhan, then he brought the beautiful man home. Luhan who knew nothing but himself, just went along. He felt much more comfortable with the handsome guy, even for him he’s merely a stranger. But, deep down his heart, he felt something more, something that made him consider the guy more than just a stranger to him.

Luhan ever asked about the stranger’s identity but the latter just shrugged off, letting Luhan fall into the world of confusion.

“Don’t call me ahjussi. Just call me Sehun,” the handsome guy stated. Luhan had to put a frown on his face before eliminating his useless thoughts from his head.

They were sitting in a luxurious car. Sehun sat on driver seat while Luhan who kept on looking outside the window, sat on the passenger seat.

Luhan turned his head, facing the driver; the look in his eyes had spoken so many things. He didn’t remember how he ended up being hospitalized and now sitting comfortably in an expensive car which was currently speeding toward the place Sehun called home. The thing that bothered him so much was the real identity of the mysterious guy beside him. The guy who once looked so delighted when seeing him in the first time, now changed drastically into a cold one. How could a man suddenly change into the opposite one in a split second? Yes, it’s indeed strange.

The road trip to the home was quiet. It was so quiet even though there were two people in the vehicle. Luhan was still staring outside the window as Sehun kept on fixing his gaze on the road.

As Luhan threw his eyesight outside, he realized that the car didn’t have rear mirrors on both sides. He straightened his body to look at a better angle, and yes, there weren’t any rear mirrors. Even, before Luhan entered the car, Sehun had lowered the car window for the reason of the air conditioner was broken, so it’s better to let the natural air from outside enter the car. But, Luhan wasn’t a person who bothered himself to care about this; he just thought that Sehun might not like glasses. So it’s a good thing for Luhan to not talk about it.

After 30 minutes of silent trip, they finally arrived at the building called home. It wasn’t just a building. It was a mansion, as Luhan said. There was an extremely wide garden in front of the grandiose mansion.

“So, is this your house?”

Sehun nodded quietly before putting a secret code on the remote control directed to the gate. A beep sound was heard before the gate opened, revealing a clean road ahead.

The two stood in front of the entrance door in silence. Sehun walked in first, followed by Luhan who looked like a lost puppy. He tossed his gaze to all directions of the house, admiring the beauty full-heartedly.

“You live here alone, ahjussi?” Luhan asked, “Ah! I mean, Sehun-ssi?”

Sehun barely turned his face around as he kept on walking forward quietly. Luhan had to increase his pace to walk to follow him.

The house was indeed huge. It was really a luxurious mansion for sure. Luhan couldn’t take his eyes off the shining and bright furniture in it. His mouth kept on form an ‘O’ shape, adoring the splendor of Sehun’s place to live.

“Here. It’s your room,” Sehun said; he pointed at a big room with king-sized bed. The room was painted dark red and gold. Luhan watched in awe as he entered the room. He looked around to find all the things here were well-arranged as well, and it was totally clean!

Luhan still walked around his room while Sehun stood in the doorway, observing what the latter did. His arms folded in front of his chest as he looked Luhan’s every move.

“Sehun-ssi! Why is there no mirror in the bathroom?” Luhan poked his head from bathroom door as he shouted.

Sehun didn’t respond or even move from the room, before he straightened himself and walked away while saying, “Dinner is ready.”

 

Luhan was feeling more comfortable to live with the handsome-stranger, Sehun, for 1 month now. Somehow, he found that his feeling was developing to be something more intimate toward the stranger. Luhan never considered Sehun as a stranger from the first time they met. But still, he couldn’t remember how Sehun ended up with him or why Sehun wanted to take care of him in the first place. Didn’t you find it weird if some stranger willing to help you in a way? Luhan once thought about it, but he regretted it as soon as Sehun showed his genuine compassion to him.

What had bothered Luhan so much was about his parents. Do I still have parents? As he thought. He even had asked this question to Sehun. The latter looked perplexed with the sudden outburst, but he managed to stay calm as his eyes reflected sympathy. He only shook his head and stretched his hand to touch Luhan’s. As soon as he caressed the back of the latter’s hand with his thumb, Luhan burst into tears. Luhan just couldn’t accept the fact that his parents were leaving him already.

 

It was a bright sunny day when Sehun asked Luhan to go to his once favorite place. The place was wide grassland called SeHan’s Meadow, as Sehun explained.

“Woaah, it’s beautiful,” Luhan ran along the plain as he spread his arms, feeling the cool wind breezed through his soft hair. Sehun put a smile on his straight face as he set his beautiful eyes toward the latter’s happy face.

Luhan suddenly stopped at his track. This feeling. This familiar feeling. He could feel a familiar feeling about this place as his heart said so. Before he could recall what the feeling was, a sudden wave of painful pulsation hit his head.

“Ughh…” he groaned as he dropped down on his knees, holding his painful head with his two hands. A flash of old memories started to come and go in blurry vision.

“Lu, are you okay?” Sehun had made a swift move as he kneeled before Luhan in no time.

Luhan closed his eyes tightly as he whimpered, the memories were still flashing in his head; showing foreign faces and scenes. Sehun lifted Luhan’s body skillfully and brought him to the car, intending to go back home. Sehun Luhan’s aching head as he drove off.

As the time went by, the pain was subsided, leaving Luhan breathless. His chest heaved up and down as he let the fresh air filled in his dying lungs. His face was drenched in sweat.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked as he glanced at Luhan for a mere second before focusing to the road. Luhan didn’t respond. Only the sound of his breathing was heard.

It was an awkward silence before Luhan spoke up, “Sehun-ah…”

Sehun gave a soft yes and Luhan continued, “Where’s Jongin?”

 

It had been a week after the incident in the meadow and Luhan kept on asking Sehun where Jongin was. Sehun felt a big lump in his throat everytime the beautiful man asked this kind of question, his heart clenched in every chance the name’s spoken.

“He’s not here,” Sehun said, making Luhan shake his head frantically.

“No, you lied! Jongin must be here somewhere! Somewhere in the city, Sehun! We have to find him!!” Luhan insisted to tell that ‘his’ Jongin was still near him.

“Luhan, it’s been years ago. Please don’t be like this,” Sehun let out words. Somehow, he felt a hurtful feeling as he brought out the words to Luhan’s ears.

“What do you mean, Sehun?”

Sehun sighed. He couldn’t take it anymore, unconsciously, he yelled at the delicate male with extremely painful words, “HE’S DEAD OKAY?? HE’S DEAD! YOU HEAR ME??”

But, Sehun regretted it as soon as Luhan’s fragile body began to shake.

Luhan widened his eyes as he clasped his mouth in disbelief. He shook his head as he moved backwards.

“No.”

Sehun closed his tired eyes and opened it again to meet Luhan’s teary eyes staring at him. He tried to come near to the latter but, “No! Don’t come closer!!”

So Sehun stopped. He couldn’t do anything but let the latter ran upstairs, crying.

“Sehun, you idiot!”

“Jongin-ah, tell Sehun that you’re okay.”

“I know you’re out there, watching me.”

“Come. Come to me.”

“Please come to me.”

“Jongin-ah.”

Luhan was murmuring to himself while sitting in a dusty board, crying his heart out. His eyes were red and wet. The feeling of being hurt was visible there.

“Jongin…”

The name, he kept on chanting the name over and over again until he realized that he’s been in the place for three hours already.

He looked around as he wiped the tears off his face. The place was getting darker as the night soon came.

Luhan walked around and found light switch. The dark room changed into the brighter one as he discovered that this place was full of things covered in white sheets. Looked like many unused things being kept here.

His eyes roamed the room and stopped at an interesting yet huge rectangle thing covered in white sheet as well. The thing seemed like a painting, a huge painting. Luhan walked closer to it and gripped the end of the sheet. In the next second, he yanked the sheet off, revealing a big photo of two men standing tall in their white tuxedo.

Their faces, they were familiar. Luhan doubled his eyes size as he moved backwards to get a better view. Then it hit him. It was their wedding photos.

The truth revealed.

“Luhan!”

A voice came through his ears as he turned back, facing the man who was panting hard, stood in the doorway. The man’s shocking-face was indeed visible in Luhan’s eyes.

The glass-hater.

The man who took him here.

The man was none other than Sehun.

Was his husband.

 

Luhan asked Sehun to bring him to the amusement park. His favorite place, as what Sehun said. It was a cloudy day and there was a sign that it would be raining soon. But, Luhan was being stubborn and kept on dragging Sehun to go.

With a little force, Luhan managed to make Sehun go. And in the next few minutes, Sehun started the engine of the car and drove off.

 

“Let’s ride those!” Luhan chirped as he pointed at the huge ferry’s wheel ahead. Sehun nodded briefly before being dragged by the excited Luhan.

They hurriedly went to the cart and the ride began to spin. Luhan put a happy expression on his face, feeling excited as the cart started to move up.

Sehun only took a long gaze out the window, his mind was gone somewhere. Unconsciously, he ignored Luhan who called his name for 10 times already.

“Sehunnie?”

Sehun got distracted from his previous thought as he turned his head toward the worried Luhan.

“Are you okay? Should we go back home?”

Sehun shook his head softly. Still, no words came from those thin lips. He lowered his head even more, somehow, this atmosphere, this feeling, this picture of the two riding ferry’s wheel gave him a small guiltiness in his heart.

Luhan didn’t say a word either as he kept on looking the depressed Sehun. Even though this side of Sehun has never been seen, but to just look at his unusual state made him worry.

The beautiful man seemed to think about something in his mind when he suddenly moved closer to the man in front of him.

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan began. He took a deep breath before continuing, “Hey…look at me.”

He lifted Sehun’s face as he cupped them with both hands. Sehun’s eyes were somehow glassy, wet with tears that threatened to fall in any time.

“Sehun-ah, tell me…” Luhan whispered, still cupping Sehun’s face gently. “How long did I fall asleep?”

Sehun was startled as he looked back at Luhan’s now teary eyes.

The rain started to pour down the earth.

“You—“

“Yes.”

Sehun’s heart was about to burst in happiness before Luhan interrupted, “How long Sehun-ah?”

It was a difficult question for Sehun to answer. It’s not because of something but, it’s just hard since he already hid everything, including mirrors, their wedding photos, and even their Polaroid photos he usually took.

“It’s….”

Luhan waited for Sehun to continue his word while caressing Sehun’s cheeks continuously, “….it’s 15 years. It’s 15 years, Luhan.”

The latter burst into tears once Sehun told the truth. Fifteen years wasn’t a short period of time where you could just keep you heart for one person.

“Fifteen years?” Luhan’s shaky voice was invading Sehun’s mind. The younger nodded.

“You had waited for me for 15 years?”

A nod.

“It’s so ing long and you still managed to wait for me? Wait for me to wake up, Sehun?”

A nod.

“What if….what if that time I would never wake up? Will you still wait for me?”

A silence.

“I know. I believe that you would open your eyes again, Luhan. I believe in you.”

Luhan launched a bone crashing hug as Sehun hug him back, feeling the warmth from the latter slowly penetrated through his skin. The sound of tickling water from outside mixed with their sobbing sounds.

~=15 YEARS AGO=~

“What now??”

“None of your business!”

“Luhan!!”

Luhan dashed out from their shared-bedroom as Sehun walked behind him. “Luhan, wait!”

“I’m going to visit Kai now. Leave me alone!” Luhan shouted in certain distance.

“You’re not going anywhere! Come here!” Sehun walked faster, managing to catch Luhan who’s trying to get away.

“I don’t want!” Luhan yelled, his voice was louder than usual, which was the sign that he’s mad.

"I'm your husband, so listen to me!" Sehun yelled back, only to receive Luhan's sarcastic laugh, 'Husband my .'

“STOP!”

But Luhan kept on running.

“I say STOP!”

Luhan was accelerating his pace without noticing the ladder-step ahead. He screamed hard when he felt his body was thrown below. Sehun watched with his eyes opened wide as Luhan’s body fell to the stairs with hurtful noises.

“LUHAN!”

Sehun ran up to him and picked his unconscious body in his arms. He could feel the warm liquid trickled down his body. More blood came out from his wounded-head.

“No please! Not like this!”

 

“I’m sorry. We’ve done our best.”

“Wait! What? What do you mean?”

“He’s in comatose, sir. We can’t do anything except to wait for him to wake up.”

“Luhan, my son! Don’t leave me, honey.”

“Shh….everything is going to be okay.”

“Sehun-ah, please take care of him, hm?”

“Yes, I will, Omoni.”

“Luhan-ah, when will you wake up, son?”

“Lulu, I’m here. Can you hear me?”

“I give up!”

“No, please! Wait a little longer.”

“Lulu-ya, you’re not alone. I’m still here for you.”

“When will you open your eyes, Luhan?”

“I miss your voice.”

“How are you doing, sleepyhead?”

“Happy 9th anniversary, Luhan.”

“Sir, I suggest you to give up. There’s no sign from him to wake up.”

“No! He is going to wake up! He will!”

“I visited Kai today, Luhan. I brought his favorite flower too.”

“Luhan…”

“You’re awake.”

 

~=THE PRESENT=~

“You’re idiot, Sehun!”

“Ah? Wae?” Sehun pinched Luhan’s nose hard till red.

“Ouch! It hurts!” Luhan slapped Sehun’s hand as he rubbed his reddened and sore nose repeatedly, trying to get rid of the pain.

"I can't believe I'm 37 years old already," Luhan sighed hard, earning a soft chuckle from Sehun. "What?"

"Nothing," Sehun smiled as Luhan sent him death-glare.

“Thanks by the way,” Luhan stated. He looked up at the bright blue sky.

“For what?” Sehun asked, turned his head toward the elder.

“For always be here for me,” Luhan turned his head as well, looking at the younger in the eyes.

“For always have a faith on me. For not giving up when I need you to keep strong.”

“Hmm,” Sehun mumbled.

“And I’m sorry…” Luhan continued. Sehun only stared at him in confusion.

“I’m sorry for mentioning Kai and everything that hurt you. I’m sorry.”

No response.

“Hey, are you liste—“

Sehun had captured Luhan’s soft lips with his. The kiss lasted forever as their love kept on blooming. A fresh start was already ahead of them, ready to bring an eternal love for both.

~=THE PAST=~

“Jongin! Are you okay with this?”

“Yes of course! I can’t just let you live your love life alone,” Jongin let a soft chuckle out from his lips.

“Hey! I’m serious here!”

Jongin’s melodious laugh filled in the tense atmosphere around them.

“Just relax. Don’t be so nervous. He’s a nice guy, you know?”

“But, you know that I love you right?”

“Luhan, I’m going abroad. I won’t be able to see you in, maybe, five to ten years.”

“But—“

“No buts! Come on! He’s already waiting for us.”

“Wait! What’s his name again?”

“Sehun.”

The two drove off toward the certain place, which now called “SeHan’s Meadow”. But, in the next 15 minutes, their fate changed. And in the next morning, there was a news "AN ACCIDENT OCCURED IN ROUTE 34, ONE DIED AND THE OTHER ONE SURVIVED."

THE END

a/n: OKAYY! It took me forever to write this one-shot :)

And actually.... I killed my baby Kai!!! NOOOO!!!

But, I still let HunHan live happily ever after woo~ yeah~

Thank you so much for those who subscribe and comment! I really appreciate them :))

And for those who guessing, the right answer is LUHAN! Congratz to aliceninelovegazette !!

Don't forget to keep loving EXO-K-M more and more, okay!!^^

 

We Are One!