Step Forward: Sequel to "Just A Chance"

Something's Different About You (Hyosung & Kikwang Oneshot Collection)

 

Plot: A small sequel to “Just A Chance” in which Kikwang contemplates taking a big step in their relationship.

 

Kikwang swallowed the lump in his throat. Should he do it? Was it the right time? How would she react if he did it? Would she be happy? Or would she kill him?

He glanced at the girl beside him. She laughed as she looked down at his phone that she had been holding. They had been watching a show together when he suddenly felt the urge he had felt for several weeks now.

Kikwang looked at Hyosung’s face and smiled as she laughed once more. Her right hand went up to her left ear and readjusted the earphone as she continued to laugh at the show broadcasting through his phone.

Sometimes he would just sit and look at her. What else could he do? It was hard not to look at her when she smiled or when she laughed or when she talked. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of her.

Hyosung laughed once more. She threw her head back and her body swayed slightly and she bumped her shoulder against his. She suddenly noticed he was quiet and she looked at him.

“You okay?” she asked a bit roughly.

Kikwang smiled a bit.

“Yeah” he replied.

His eyes traveled over her face. She was so cute when she worried over him. Although he knew that she would never admit it, she cared about him deeply and he knew it. She would often complain about him but she never failed to ask how he felt or what was bothering him, even though it came out as rough and obligated.

“What?” she asked, her eyes narrowing a bit as he continued to look at her.

Kikwang’s smile turned into a grin.

“Nothing” he replied.

Hyosung rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the phone she had been holding. Kikwang resisted the urge to laugh. He wondered if she would ever admit that she loved him. The thought suddenly caused him to blush. He didn’t know why, but he felt that Hyosung loved him just as much as he always admitted that he loved her. Sure, they had dated a few weeks now and they had just graduated high school but he felt that for the rest of his life, they would only love each other. He hoped it would turn out that way because he knew that he didn’t want anyone else but her and he knew that he would never love another woman unless it was her.

Kikwang looked away from Hyosung and looked around the park. They were sitting on a bench and it was pretty late at night now so not many people were around. He closed his eyes slightly as the wind picked up and passed by them. He guessed that he should consider himself lucky tonight. Not only had Hyosung accepted to go out on a date with him even though it was so random but she also missed work in order to do so. Hyosung didn’t liked missing work. Kikwang smiled at that. Even though he protested against her working at a bar, she still continued to work there, basically telling him that he had to support her and stop whining about it.

“It ended.”

Kikwang turned his head back towards Hyosung. She held out his phone to him and he looked at it, not sure what to do with it.

“Take it” she mumbled.

Kikwang slowly took his phone back. He almost frowned. She would want to go home now.

“Yah…you’re acting weird” Hyosung voiced as she looked him over.

Kikwang smiled.

“Sorry about that” he replied.

Hyosung gave him another look over but then shrugged her shoulders at him. She looked around the park.

“Are you tired?” he asked.

Hyosung shook her head.

“Summer nights are the best, don’t you think?” she asked.

Kikwang smiled a bit. She was showing him her soft side. He didn’t get to see that side of her that often.

“Yeah…” he replied.

He closed his eyes once more as the wind blew against his body. He felt Hyosung’s arm brush against his and he opened his eyes. Looking over at her, he noticed that she had closed her eyes as well. He felt the familiar pounding in his ears as he looked at her lovely face. He held his breath as he leaned closer to her. Without warning, he softly kissed her temple as his arm wrapped around her shoulders to bring her into his embrace. Kikwang pulled away just enough to look down at her face. Hyosung slowly turned her head to fully look at him. She was blushing and it caused Kikwang to let out a small laugh.

“Did you like it?” he whispered.

Hyosung tried to frown but it came out as a half-smile. She didn’t respond with words. Instead she wrapped her arm around his waist and turned to look forward. They sat in silence as they watched the fireflies fly around.  After a few minutes, Kikwang felt Hyosung’s free hand on his hand that was currently resting on her shoulder.

“You know how I feel about you, right?” she asked in a low voice.

They didn’t look at each other.

“I know” Kikwang replied.

She squeezed his hand, silently thanking him for being so understanding with her. He took in a deep breath as he let his arm fall away from her.

“Hey” he said.

She turned her head to him and he took his chance. He leaned in very quickly and planted a hard kiss on her lips before he pulled away and ran away from her.

“Y-yah!!!” she screamed as she bolted up from the bench.

She heard Kikwang laugh loudly.

“I’m happy! I did it!” he yelled out from a safe distance.

Hyosung stomped her foot as she fanned her hot face. Kikwang laughed at her reaction, as he covered his eyes with his hand. His face was hot as well. He continued to laugh and smile from a safe distance as Hyosung placed a hand over as she continued to fan her face. She didn’t know what to do. After all, Kikwang had just taken her first kiss and he had given her his first kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked this short little sequel! I just wanted to leave you guys with a little something before I left. I am now officially going on a 2 week hiatus!!! I will be out of the country for two weeks while I go on vacation so I will not be updating for a while. I hope you lovelies have a nice summer and I hope to come back with more oneshots and maybe another long fanfic! Until the next time!!! Bye!