02.

As Strangers

 

It was Monday morning and Haena’s first day at college. She had to get up extra early to obtain her schedule from the main office. The day before, she had been given her school uniform. She shook her head as she looked herself over in the mirror. White Chiffon Blouse, topped with a blue blazer with white embroidered designs. Her skirt that reached down about three-fourths of her thigh. Black knee high socks, and concluding with cream colored bow accented flats. Well, looks like I won’t be escaping the school designed skirts anytime soon. She chuckled to herself as she remembered how in America, she had attended private schools all her life. Uniforms weren’t anything new. Smiling to herself, she lifted her hair into a high ponytail, securing it with a black hair tie. Oh wait! Cant forget the final touch.She added a lacy white bowed headband on top of her head. Dusting off her hands and letting a deep breath, she decided her appearance was now set, and that she was ready to head off to get her schedule.

Wow, college schedules are extremely different from those from high school.She only had to attend school from Monday to Thursday, only having the most 2 classes per day, with an exception of Thursday where she only had one. A her expression brighten alittle when she read over the part where class dismissal was actually at 12:30. (a/n: basing this information of my friend’s brother’s college schedule. I wasn’t sure how it was in Korea, but just improvise okay?) Haena, however still had to finish two years of prerequisites. Drats. She needed to retake Calculus again here. Infact, it was actually her first class today. First class of the day of the first day of the week. Beautiful. She shook off the sarcastic remarks that ran through her head, and began to look for her classroom.

Room 208..Agh what the hell! Im in the 200s building! Where the heck is this classroom?! Haena groaned in frustration as she desperately looked for the room where she should’ve been present in 5 minutes ago. Gulping, she decided it was time to get over her independent character and ask for help. Thing is, there was no one in site, so who could help her- Wait. Right when she was about to lose hope, and scream at herself for forgetting the map of the school in her dorm, she saw an extremely tall man, a few years older if anything, pass by her.

“W-wait! Can I ask you something?”She called out, voice cracking a few times, to the man.
“Ne?”The man turned around, looking at her, seemingly impatient because Haena had been stricken speechless. This man was…very handsome in the least.

Haena was so dumbfounded that she hadn’t realized the man infront of her had already taken her schedule out of her hands. Next thing she knew, she was being dragged away buy the said man.

“Y-yah! Where are you taking me?”She yelped in confusion. The tall man didn’t say anything, he just chuckled. Awh what a cute laugh- No what am I thinking, I need to get to class! Who is this man?!-

“You know for the record, I’m taking you to class. We have the same class anyways! Lee Sungyeol at your service!”The boy let go of her hand, giving a sweet cheeky smile that made him seem like a kid who was having fun while doing this.

“O-oh. Thank you. Lee Haena.”She hesitantly smiled back at him, and followed him toward a classroom that read : 208, in huge gold numbers. How the heck did she not see this before

“I know. I read your schedule. You were too busy daydreaming to notice. Now come on! We’re late!”He shook his head in amusement and opened the door to the classroom.


 

He the gates of the school and looked longingly inside. I couldve been hereIf onlyHe just stood infront of the university and admired the looks of it, wishing he could be inside. College students roamed around inside, looking happy while they studied and such.

Reality had slapped him in the face.


He was going to be late for work.
Kim Sunggyu, it up. You caused this to yourself. If youre late to work, what are the chances that you could actually attend such a school like that. This is something you need to work for.He scolded himself as he left the front of the school to walk to work.


 

In the distance, Haena was watching his retreating figure. She wondered why the man had just stood there for so long, only to put his head down with a disappointed look on his face and leave. She cocked her head in confusion and tried thinking out all the possibilities.

“Hey hey! I brought lunch, you want…some?”Sungyeol began to tap Haena lightly on the shoulder, only to stop as he noticed how she was staring off in the distance. In the direction of the front gate of the school.

“Awh is our little Haena homesick? Does she miss her mommy-“Once that word had left his mouth, Haena had turned out and gave him the hardest glare she could do at the moment.

“Don’t.. Just don’t.”She sighed and sequentially apologized for the attitude. She had grown extremely sensitive over any ‘motherly’topic. Sungyeol didn’t understand why she had given him such a look, then as fast as it came, it was like her anger was gone and sadness had replaced it. He decided to give the woman space and started to walk away, looking back at her constantly.

From the corner of his eye, he saw her take out a.. teddy bear? Why a teddy bearHe disregarded it, considering they had only met, and he had no right to question her actions.

I still wonder why she snapped at me like thatIts all a mystery.. ah. In situations like this, theres nothing better to do that drink coffee! Now where is that café…The bell is going to ring and I think I want some coffee before my next class.

 


 

(a/n: Still going at a slow pace, but Its starting to solidify. Sorry as well if it was a little short too.  So how about it? Sungyeol as her classmate. Well. Enjoy reading and Ill try to update atleast every other day! Feel free to leave comments and thanks to those who subscribed already by the first chapter!)