Neverland opens

Weekend Neverland

I came out of the comforts of my warm room and settled to have my skin be prick once or twice by the ever-changing climate for my passion. Laugh if you will but yes, my love for taking still shots of anything beautiful keeps me on my feet, walking or riding from one corner of South Korea to another.

 

This weekend I’m going on a solo flight, more likely, a solo subway ride to renowned amusement park in Jamsil-dong but if I can’t find a picture worth the university’s amateur photographers’ contest there’s always Seok-chon Lake which is conveniently in the city as well.

 

 

“This seems legit,” I muttered more to myself as I positioned the camera’s view finder over my eye and started with my first shot – Wonderland without the annoying crowd.

 

An awkward first timer pairI thought with a smile as I watched this two high school kids dashing to one of the rides. Oh, X Express… wouldn’t be a good choice if they had heavy breakfast.

 

 

 

*~*~*

 

Xiumin can’t believe what he’s seeing in front of him. His eyebrows twitch almost as much as Tao has been holding back his jumpy, jerky self. He didn’t even understand what he got himself into, how could he agree to have a weekend date in the amusement park with the tall, scary-looking yet hiding an adorable side that Xiumin can’t help but compare the younger one to a panda.

 

Pandas are bears, bears are scary and dangerous. But pandas are cute Xiumin rationalized over his fluffy Tao-panda analogy and as he tries to side glance him, Xiumin swears a fluffy, black ball of a tail would come out of Tao’s pants, together with the ears if he won’t let the boy have his fun.

 

“Why don’t you just go?” Xiumin uttered with a sigh. He could see the glint in Tao’s eyes as if a child was given permission from his parents to run wild and just without warning Tao tugged hard on his wrist and dragged him to the nearest ride he could see. Something caught Xiumin’s eye, however, which made him pull Tao to X Express instead.

 

I’m going to regret this, Xiumin thought. He was never good dealing with roller coasters and this is the fastest one.  Luckily he didn’t have much for breakfast, he just hopes his stomach has ferried everything to his large intestines and stay there in case his body would want to vomit.

 

 

 

*~*~*

 

“Oh, I swear I saw Xiumin just now,” Luhan uttered to himself. He stretched his neck to search but diverted back his attention at the flyer in his hands. With a shrug he let himself be carried by his feet towards to where he thinks the manager’s office is.

 

Thirty minutes inside the office – had himself interviewed, briefed and convinced his self that this was worth the humiliation if anyone he knows found out, he donned the mascot costume.

 

Six hours in this sauna of a costume, be jolly and cheerful, play with kids, be tolerant for just four weekends. Just four weekends Luhan, Luhan told himself as he stands at one of the open spots in the amusement park working as the perky marshmallow-pudding in a saucer mascot.

 

 

 

*~*~*

 

Xiumin was glad that they took thrill rides before pausing for snacks. Why did that pudding-shaped or marshmallow-shaped mascot kept pestering us and forcing us on one thrill ride to another? Xiumin thought as he sat with his head resting on the round, coffee table while he waits for Tao with their food. Xiumin’s eyebrows creased as he watched Tao struggle to keep himself alive.

 

 

He had just taken down the usual seniors who’d corner the freshman who has been garnering attention.

 

“Seriously, did you do something like steal their girlfriends?” Xiumin said, crouching down, leaning his chin onto his propped hand over his knee. “I mean, they usually leave once I do to them.”

“Thanks,” was the weak and usual reply.

Xiumin sighed, the difference between them becomes too obvious and yet despite being bitter, “C’mon, let’s tidy you up, patch that thing up or something,” he said and stood up.

 

 

You have no right to help the giant,Xiumin reminded his self and turned the other way groaning, he remembered that time when Tao proved that he was a far capable man than people otherwise believed.

 

 

“It’s just a fluke,” Tao answered, avoiding Xiumin’s eyes as the other tend to his wounds. He winced when Xiumin pressed onto his wounds with the disinfectant deeper. Irritated Xiumin got up from the couch. Reading the situation, anticipating that he’ll make his exit, Tao grabbed one of his wrists and as if part of him, Xiumin set for a counterattack which was countered back.

 

“You wouldn’t really take a minute to look at me if I wasn’t weak, would you? I wonder why I still can’t make you love me, I followed their advices,” Tao said with much thought, jutting his lower lip to a pout.

 

 

“What the heck is he doing acting all cute with those girls?” Xiumin muttered. Having enough with the moping and groaning he stood up and decided to go somewhere without Tao’s on-off charming personality. It had been two days since Tao’s pin-Xiumin-on-the-floor-and-push-the-cuteness confession and Xiumin’s still finding it hard to handle.

 

Tao saw at the corner of his eyes the retreating back of Xiumin and struggled against the clutches of the flirting women. “Xiumin hyung,” he called as he balances out the food in his hands but Xiumin didn’t even look back. 

 

-click-

 

“Oh, that surprisingly came out good.” The Walkout of Contempt. Sorry, I have this tendency of adding titles or captions to pictures that I take on the spot. Hmmm, it seems the amusement park’s more amusing than usual or is it because I’m alone and I look like a loser photographer? I contemplated on the thought then I shook my head. No, I’m a semi-professional artist whose task is to capture beauty.

 


a/n: ohemgee~ i'm touched with the hearty welcome this fic has gotten itself! i feel pressured somehow >3< so no i've got the first update, hope it's not disappointing or anything. :3