Donghae

Choosing is an Option.

A/N : So, this is just a short story for my friend, MARTINA. Maybe about 3-5 chapters? ^^
Sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes. :)

~~

"Hey!" Donghae shouted cheerfully as he called out for her friend "Martina." Donghae and Martina have been best friends since elementary. It's like they've spent their whole lives together. "So, how is my pretty best friend huh?" Donghae asked as he was secretly putting his arm around Martina's neck and ruining her hair. "Hey! You ruined my hair!" Martina removed Donghae's arm and stomped her feet as they were heading to their school. Donghae was left a few steps behind. He was grinning at Martina. 

'If only she knew how precious she is. Her smile. Her angry face. Everything about her. If only she knew... how much I love her. Then things will be perfect.'

They walked through the hallway of their school and as always, people were busy chatting, couples busy flirting with each other, and Donghae and Martina, walking normally. A guy's shoulder hit Martina's shoulder. "Hey! Do you have some manners huh?!" Donghae became angry. The guy just stared at them, not wanting to care. Martina helped Donghae to calm himself. "It's okay Hae, you know we're nothing but simple students here." Martina said, comforting Donghae. "It's just unfair, he can apologize, right? But, he just stared at us." Donghae pouted and Martina found Donghae's actions cute. Martina giggled and said "Let him go. He's not worth it." Donghae's heart melted because of Martina's smile. Her smile makes everything better.

'You can light up my whole world just by smiling. You, being with me, is heaven.' 

They headed to their class. Martina was listening to the teacher attentively while Donghae was staring at the window, his face was blank but his mind is full of "Martina." The teacher noticed Donghae and called his attention "Lee Donghae!" the attention of the class was focused on Donghae. "Uhh, yes ma'am! Present!" Donghae fixed his uniform and stood up. The whole class laughed at him even Martina. "Please listen. Or else, you'll have to leave my class." The teacher was scary. Donghae sat on his chair with a blush on his face because of the embarrassment.

'Oh, Donghae, such a cutie he is.'

The bell rang which signalled for break time. Donghae and Martina grabbed their bags and walked towards the canteen. Donghae, being the childish and cheerful guy he is, convinced Martina to play games with him. He's not minding the embarrassment he received earlier. "Oh, Donghae, stop it. You're not a child anymore." Martina sighed. They bought lunch and sat on a table. A familiar girl passed by and left them a stare which insulted them. "I think it's better being a nobody. Just simple life." Martina said. Feeling troubled, Donghae asked "Do you like being my friend?" Martina was shocked by the question. She never thought about those kind of things. "Of course I do, why won't I?" "Well, you're a great person, and I'm just a simple guy. I think I'm the one dragging you to be a nobody here." Martina laughed at Donghae's statement. Donghae was confused. "Donghae, that's the funniest thing I ever heard. You're my best friend, you know that. I won't replace you with anyone else." Donghae smiled and hugged his best friend. 

'I love you Martina. I love you so much.'

Hours had passed and school was over. Martina and Donghae walked together. "Uhmm, hey, Are you free tomorrow?" Donghae asked. "Yeah, it's Saturday tomorrow, right? I have nothing to do. Why?" Martina asked sweetly. "Want to hang out?" Donghae asked. "Sure." "Sweeeet. Pick you up tomorrow, okay?" "Okay. Okay" Donghae jumped and punched the air doing his victory dance. Martina laughed at Donghae's silliness. Donghae never failed to make Martina laugh. He's a special guy. Very special.

 

~~

Donghae woke up with a bright smile on his face. Knowing that he would get the precious day to spend with Martina. Donghae took a bath, dressed in the best clothes he got and fixed his hair. He added a sweet scent to him and walked cheerfully on the way to Martina's house. He stood in front of their door. Straightened his polo before ringing the door bell. The door was opened by Martina's mom. "Good Morning auntie! Where's Martina?" Donghae asked with a bright smile on his face. "She's still sleeping. Want me to wake her up?" Martina's mom offered. Donghae chuckled and said 'I'll take care of it Auntie." Martina's mom invited Donghae to come in and feel at home. Of course, Martina's mom knew Donghae so well. Donghae wouldn't do anything to hurt Martina. Martina's mom was cooking breakfast while Donghae decided to go upstairs and check on Martina. He peaked on Martina's room and saw her sleeping soundly. Donghae smiled and entered the room. He lowered his head in order for his lips to meet Martina's ears. He whispered "Wake up sleepy head." Martina moved a little bit, not waking up.

'You're so beautiful.'

"You want to play with Hae huh?!" Donghae laughed loudly and shook Martina, annoying her. Martina covered herself with the blanket but Donghae yanked it off and shook her more. Martina sat up and shouted "Ok! Fine! I'm awake okay!" Donghae bursted out laughing because of Martina's cuteness. "Did you forget?" Donghae shot a smile yet questioning look to Martina. "You never said what time." "Well, I'm here. So, get ready." "Ok, go! go! I'll prepare myself for whatever you will do today. Donghae went out and Martina took a bath and prepared herself. She put on a cute dress that made her figure stood out. She went downstairs and saw Donghae waiting for her. Donghae saw Martina and his heart couldn't skip a beat. His heart was faster. 

'You never fail to make me fall in love.'

'Hey? Hey!" Martina snapped her fingers and Donghae snapped out of reality. "Let's go?" "I'm only waiting for you." Donghae chuckled and offered his hand. Martina locked her hand with Donghae's. They walked all the way to the park. Donghae bought ice creams for two. "I'm sorry I can't afford nothing much special." Donghae isn't the type of guy that will give you everything you want yet he will do small things in a great way. "It's okay. I miss this place actually." Martina understandingly said. She felt droplets of water on her head and held her hand out in the air. "It's drizzling." Martina said. "Uhh, I'm very sorry. I didn't checked the weather. Let's go somewhere el---" Before Donghae could even finish his words, Martina motioned him to quiet down. "I want to stay." Martina smiled. "B-but, you will get s---" Martina giggled and grabbed Donghae's hand. She grabbed Donghae and they run on the park. It's raining hard now, but they didn't stop, yet, they were fully enjoying the rain. 

'I've never seen Martina so happy like this before. She's so precious. Oh, time to tell her.'

They stopped on a tree and sat under the tree. "Isn't this fun?" Martina said and laughed, fully happy. "Hehe, yeah.. Uhhh, Martina..." "Hmmm?" 

"I-I love you." Donghae said. "I love you too best friend!" Martina patted Donghae's back. "No, not that way, more than friends. More than best friends. I love you." Martina was shocked beceause of Donghae's words. "Y-you don't have to give me an answer now but, will you be my girlfriend?" Martina was speechless. She never knew that Donghae feels 'something' for her. Martina went running back home. Donghae didn't try to chase her.

'Let her go for awhile. Way to go Donghae.'