|| If You Can't || Oneshot || "Live, Love, Learn" ||

If I Can't (One-shot)

Here's the prompt :) It's a REALLY sad song, and the words are acutally much sadder than the song. You should look them up and coincidentally, it's about a person begging someone not to leave! :O So sad...One thing I noticed...his voice is a really good choice for sad songs...he sings them VERY well! :)

 

 

 

----

Why waste my time with someone who doesn't care? He does care, I can see it in his eyes No...I can seriously say now he doesn't care.
Why let me heart race when he obviously doesn't want me around? He doest want me around. No..I can now seriously say that this is also not true.
Will I let my enemy win this battle, or will I be the winner? I have already won!  No..I didn't have to do anything for Gyuri to take control.
Is this really love? Yes! No...it's just a memory.

 

I sat on the edge of on the end of my seat, tossing the small white paper in the trash while feeling my heart tear into three different pieces. It had been like this for almost a week...instead of there being six people in the house, there was only five. Because SS501 was minus Park Jung Min when they weren't working. His excuse always centred around Gyuri who was "sick" after her mother had died. "She needs someone" or "She doesn't have anyone else". It was almost like he had compeltely tossed me from his life without a care, or her grip on him had remained firm and strong.

But enough was enough, I had made an important decision that I may regret the rest of my life, but I'd rather be far away from him than watching him cuddle sweetly up to Gyuri. This was my last day in Seoul, for tonight I was returning home to Canada to be with my family and find some other occupation. The company already knew, and the boss had offered to allow me to keep my job, but of couse I declined. But if I were to stay, I was allowed to continue to be SS501's manager.

The decision had taken long to decide, the night before's event only made things even more solid...

 

The Night Before

It was late, I had found myself unable to sleep becuase my mind always trailed back towards Jung Min and Gyuri The clock had already hit one o'clock, so by now I was getting pretty worried as to what was happening.

The usual Hyung Jun wasn't asleep, instead he was out in the living doing something that made a lot of noise. Instead of lying there trying to shut my eyes that wanted to stay open, I got up and decided to join him on the couch. "What are you doing?" I asked with a smile, seating myself next to Hyung Jun who held something in his hand.

He turned to me and held up a small electronic device. "Trying to beat bowser. He's really hard."

"Wow...you still play those?"

Hyung jun frowned. "Ya! Do I need to be a young child to play this?"

"You are a young child.." I giggled. Teasing Hyung Jun had been taught to me by Jung Min as he was a huge clown. Jung Min had always said something to Hyung Jun or done something to him that either (a) embarassed him (*ehm* pulling on his hair while sleeping) or (b) had to do with pranks.

Hyung Jun shook his head. "Ya! Do you want to die?"

"Do I?"

He frowned. "You asked for it." He placed the little system on the table and started to do the one thing I hated...tickle. Yes, the tickling and the agony, the pain and the worry, I hate tickling! As soon as he started, I felt my insides give in and my face started to hurt from laughing so hard. "Kim Hyung Jun!" I exclaimed, but he wouldn't stop. He too had started to laugh.

Eventually, I fell to the ground from laughing so hard and Hyung Jun had both hands on either side of my face. All in all, everything froze, he was inches away from my face...and just as I was about to say a word the door opened. And one person walked in.

Park Jung Min stared at the scene, when I saw him I smiled and scambeled up. "Finally you're back." He looked at me for a moment and smiled. "It...took a little longer."

Hyung Jun frowned, wiping his pants. "Some friend...." He murrmurred.

"Eh?"

"You..." He looked at Jung Min. "...aren't responsible for whats-her-face. Instead of hanging out with your buds, you run off with some girl." At the words I could feel a sudden sharpness pierce my heart. My facial expression fell and and so did my head. I was looking right down to the floor.

Jung Min must have noticed. "Ya! Stop..."

"Why?" Hyung Jun knew what he was talking about and straightened up. "She already knows, poor Mi Jung is trying to her feelings."

I shook my head, this was painfulf but it would've come out sometime. "That's not true, she knows I love her..."

"Well you certainly are acting like a moron right now." He didn't say those, Hyung Jun never spoke words that would make someone else angry or upset.

And boy did that throw Jung Min off. He frowned deeply. "Watch who you're calling a moron."

"Even when it's true? Everyone is seriously upset with you right now."

"Stop..."

"No one wants you to run off to take care of that shallow girl."

"I said stop!"

Hyung Jun smirked. "And you even ignore your girlfriend."

"I SAID STOP!" Jung Min grabbed Hyung Jun by the collar, but still he did not give up.

He found himself getting angry as well, poor Hyung Jun looking right into Jung Min's and eyes and spoke. "I might even take her from you."

"YAH!" Jung Min held back his fist, ready to punch the living daylights out Hyung Jun. But, I couldn't let that happen. Hyung Jun was the on who had been comforting me the entire time. Hyung Jun was the one who tried to take the doubt from my mind. Hyung Jun was the one who seemed to care.

"He's right." I blurted it out before any fight could break out. Immediately Jung Min looked at me with his eyes, those eyes that just made my heart want to pound and melt.

"Mi Jung..."

I looked at him, the words Hyung Jun had spoken were a hundred percent true, there was no sense in denying what had to be done and what was already being done. "He's right."

"Mi Jung...you can't seriously believe...?"

No...I don't want to, I can't...but I did. I clenched my fists together. "Why shouldn't I believe him? Hyung Jun and the others are the only ones who've been helping me over the last three weeks because you ran off to help some girl..."

"Mi Jung..."

"He's the one who comforted me when everything was falling a part. He's the one who has actually acted like he cared!" The tears were starting to form on my eye lips, the words. My vision was beginning to blur, the tears streaming down my face like rivers...I didn't care if I woke anyone up! I didn't care about anything because he needed to know...he needed to know hwo I felt. I wasn't some girl who runs around crying her eyes out, I wa one who stood up for myself and for once I was doing that. "And you know what...you're nothing but a back-stabber, or a two-timer!"

Then, a pain rose in my cheeks and Jung Min's hand nestled back at his side. "Grow up!" He exclaimed. "I'm going to have girls in my life who are friends! You have to deal with it"

I slapped him back, but much harder. He looked at me as his hand went up to caress the cheek that was now red. By now, the other members were starting to get up from their sleep and see what was happening, even Hyun Joong. I smiled. "Other friends who are girls...not other girlfriends. Get the facts straight, because right now, I consider this cheating."

Young Saeng come over and put his arm around my shoulder. "You should sleep..." He pretended like he hadn't seen anything just now.

Before following his advice I said one more thing. "Park Jung Min...we're over." And then I retreated to my room.

Minutes later Hyung Jun and Kyu Jong came in. "Are you okay?"

It was hard to nod my head yes, in fact, as I nodded more tears poured out. "Do you want some company tonight?"

"O..." I looked up at them and smiled a little. "Okay." And they stated with me the rest of the night.

-------

Kyu Jong was the only member of SS501 who had some time off, so I felt it necessary to tell him my plans. He was against it of course, but you know innocent and obediant Kyu...

The other members sat around the table, again Jung Min wasn't present. It was silent, they had no idea what was going to happen...except for Kyu Jong. Hyun Joong looked over towards me. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah..."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded again. "Why?"

"Well...because..." He looked over at Young Saeng who started to frown as well. "...after the incident last night, I heard someone crying."

"Crying?"

Hyung Jong looked around the room. "...was it you?"

Kyu Jong answered for me, shaking his head. "She stopped crying after talking with us for awhile."

"What time?"

We all looked at each other for a moment. "I think it was...two thirty."

"Two-thirty...maybe I heard wrong."

Young Saeng shook his head. "No, I heard it too. There was crying coming from one of the rooms, at around three in the morning and it didn't end."

"Now that you mention..." Kyu Jong looked over at Hyung Jun. "..we did hear something."

At once the entire table went silent, everyone including me had heard someone else crying. It wasn't the manager for sure since he was in the living room and he wasn't one to cry. There was only other person that came to mind. "...Jung Min.."

I laughed. "That guy doesn't cry..."

"...unless he's really in pain."

Before the boys got together, Jung Min had cried when they were expressing their feelings (as in, brotherly feelings) on stage at their last concert in 2010. That was two years ago, and the poor boy found himself unable to face the audience.

"Really in pain..." The thought tugged my heart in an instant. He was in pain..."I don't believe it...he was probably not crying..."

No one said a word. I shook my head and just got up. "I have to go...do something." And retreated into my room.

After I dissapeared, Kyu Jong started to feel a little bad. "Guys..." He had to tell them, he just had to. Watching his dear friends in pain was something he wasn't willing to put up with for the rest of his life. "...there's something you need to know."

----

At ten thirty that night, when everyone except Kyu and I were out, I trailed my suitcase to a taxi. Kyu Jong wanted to come because he wanted to say good-bye properly, and I didn't object because I wanted him there. He was the only one who wouldn't try to stop me from going, that's why I had told him in the first place. It was quiet to the airport, I felt myself tearing a little...and getting shoulder pats from Kyu Jong. He kept asking me if I wanted to change my mind and if I was okay with this decision.. The only response I gave was a nod because I needed this.

When we arrived at the airport, we paid the taxi then went inside. While I was getting myself in order to get on the flight (getting the tickets and stuff) Kyu Jong dissapeared for a couple of minutes. I didn't think much of it because he reappeared again when I was done getting my ticket.

"Hey...you'll email me, right?" Kyu Jong asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah...I'll keep in contact..."

Kyu Jong smiled. "Good. The other boys might want the same...they all love you like family."

And how true that was, though somtimes I felt like it wasn't the truth, I knew it was. We stood there for what seemed like forever, deep down I wanted Jung Min to stop me...but I knew that he was probably with Gyuri again. When time had run out I smiled. "I have to go now Kyu..."

He gave me a hug, the longest hug I had ever gone through in my life. We stood there, me with the tears beginning to pour out, and him...holding me very tightly. Even though I couldn't breath, I pretended not to care...I'd probably never see him again.

We finally pulled away and with one last smile, I grabbed my suitcase and started away. It was the end of everything...my life, my career...I couldn't go back after I got on the plane.

I kept walking until... "MI JUNG!" My head turned automatically and I spotted Jung Min...the other boys were trailing behind him with smiles on their faces. He was running faster than I'd ever seen before. I didn't walk anymore...I wanted to be stopped. But at the same time I couldn't just give in because he showed up...I could at least hear him out.

When he reached me he grabbed my shoulders. "Is it true!? Are you leaving!?" What a silly question to ask.

"Uh..." I looked down at my suitcase. "I'm in an airport..."

"DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE!" He exclaimed, tightening his grip on my shoulders. "You can't leave..."

I smirked. "Can't leave? I don't see any reason in staying."

"What about the boys? Kyu Jong? Young Saeng? What about...me?"

The boys all were looking away, maybe to give us a little privacy...privacy in an airport, how interesting. I shook my head. "They don't need me."

"I need you..."

"No... you don't." I brushed his hands away. "Your superstar. You don't need two girls so I'm backing out." He gave me the look, the one he sometimes had when he got lonely or really sad. In my time here the only time I had seen him sad was when there was a potential split up of the boys after they had fought not long after the group started making music again together.

The words came out slow...and they were hard to say. "Good-bye Jung Min." And with that I turned around and started back towards customs. This was really good-bye, I was never going to see him again. The tears were already starting to fall.

"Yah! Park Jung Min, what are you doing?" Hyung Jun exclaimed.

Suddenly I heard something and turned my head to him tryint o pull out the boys grasp. "LET ME GO!" He exclaimed pulling. "I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE!"

"You're taking it too far." Hyun Joong exclaimed. "Stop.."

"NO!" Jung Min was acting like a child...kind of like Hyung Jun sometimes. "I NEED HER TO LIVE!"

The extreme's...but I felt the tears fall as he continued to beg the others to let him go. After watching for a couple minutes, he kneeled down to the floor and started to cry his eyes out. That's when I knew I couldn't leave, the bond between us was too strong. I walked over to him and knelt down. "Yah!"

He looked at me. "Am I in heaven?"

"You're alive silly..." He burried his head into my chest and started to sob loudly. I was going to stay, I couldn't leave.

----

I know this is depressing...but I'm out of it and couldn't think of anything...NO I DON'T THINK JUNG MIN WOULD GO TO SUCH MEASURES! And it's only a story, this won't ever happe and I can guarantee that. Listen to the song, I can give you lyrics I found :) THEY'RE SO SAD!

Thanks for reading!

 

Lyrics to If You Cannot

Come back again, just don't lie to me
don't leave, even if you can't say those words
I may be a fool but, I cannot keep waiting for you
yet to say goodbye to you is something i could never do

please, do not go far away
please, do not go far away
where I can't find you
do not go so far away
do not go so far away
Please don't leave me
don't leave
make a promise to me, I beg you....

Even if you are far from where I am
If you should leave, you musn't tell me
I may be a fool but, I will not forget you
Your back turned is something I will never want to see

please, do not go far away
please, do not go far away
where I can't find you
do not go so far away
do not go so far away

It can't happen like this
It can't be
come back to me please!

To me please...

I beg of you...
don't leave, don't leave...

promise to me....
please... 

 

These words are SO powerful..