Letting Go

When the Door Closes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKXOY6X3v4

----

Days have turned into weeks...and those weeks turned into a month.

It's been a whole month.  Doojoon was on life support.  You went everyday after school.  You took care of him, talked to him, and even begging for the doctors to keep him under life support but sooner or later, you had to let him go.

"_______ ah." Dongwoon walked in.

You looked up.  Your eyes were swollen.  You never slept for days.  You kept watching Doojoon carefully for any movement.

"Come on, you need to sleep.  At least eat something." Dongwoon said.

Dongwoon tried to take you out, but you refused.  You didn't want to leave Doojoon.  You didn't trust the doctors to watch him, cause you were afraid that they would pull the plug.

"I'm not hungry." You said.

Dongwoon stared at you.

"Kang _______." Dongwoon said.

You looked up at him.

"You need to eat.  I'm worried about you.  You haven't been eating, or sleeping.  You need some fresh air.  Come on." Dongwoon tried to pull you up but you threw his hands away from you.

"No! I'm staying here until Doojoon oppa wakes up!" You screamed.

Beast ran in, to hear the two of you fighting again.

"I'm not leaving him!" You cried.

Tears ran down your face, as you had another melt down.

Junhyung stared at you as Yoseob and Gikwang were trying to calm you down.

Dongwoon looked at Doojoon.  He looked the same as he did when he fell into this coma.  Everyone was losing it.  Yoseob wasn't funny or silly anymore.  Junhyung became more serious than he was.  Gikwang stopped going to clubs and hanging out with girls.  And Hyunseung, he doesn't dance anymore like he used to.  He stopped teaching at the studio.  And Dongwoon, he's been taking care of you, so you wouldn't do anything stupid.

"I think everyone, needs to have a night out." Dongwoon thought.

Junhyung agreed.

"What are we going to do?" Gikwang asked.

"Club?" Dongwoon asked.

Gikwang glared at him.

"Okay um, dance?"

Hyunseung's smile dropped.

"Watch a movie?"

Just then Yoseob slouched on the couch.

"Or we can do what we normally do and sulk and wait for Doojoon hyung to wake up." Junhyung said.

Just then the doctor walked in.

"I know you guys are going through a rough time right now.  Please know that, he doesn't have much time.  It's best if we do it soon." The doctor said.

"No! NO!" You screamed.

Just then a familiar pair of arms wrapped around you.  Your eyes widened as you looked up to see Doojoon's mother.

"Eomonim." You whispered.

"_______ dear.  I know your going through a hard time right now, I am too.  I'm so sorry we didn't tell you." Mrs. Yoon cried.

You looked up to see Mr. Yoon, Doojoon's father smiling at you.

Beast bowed towards Mr. and Mrs. Yoon.  They looked at their son and smiled.

"Doojoon ah, it's eomma and appa." Mrs. Yoon cried.

Mr. Yoon held in his tears as he caressed his son's face.

"Doojoon ah, my son." Mr. Yoon cried, letting out.

Both his parents were holding onto his hands.  Doojoon's face was calm, and pale.

For hours, Beast, you and Doojoon's parents were talking.

The doctor came back, he stayed beside the door with a nurse beside him.

"________ I know you want to keep him alive but, I think it's best if we let him go." Mrs. Yoon said.

Your eyes widened.

"You were wonderful in taking care of my son.  You are like my own daughter that I would have loved to have.  I was hoping you would be my daughter in law, married to Doojoon."

Tears fell from your eyes as you stared at Doojoon.

"I think it would make him happy, if you let him go.  I know Doojoon loves you with all his heart.  But seeing you like this, it hurts him." Mrs. Yoon said.

You cried, as you nodded.

'What was I thinking!  Doojoon oppa, you must be hurting right?' You thought.

You stared at Doojoon for a long time.  You stood up, turning towards the doctor.

"Please.  Take him off the life support." You cried.

You couldn't watch Doojoon be in pain any longer.  It was time, you let him go.

The doctor walked over, pulling the oxygen mask off.

"I'll give you guys some room and time." The doctor bowed, leaving the room.

Just then, Doojoon's arm twitched.  His fingers moving.

Your eyes widened.  You grabbed his hand.

"Doojoon oppa!" You said.

His parents ran up to him, as Beast crowded the bed as well.

"Hyung!" Yoseob cried.

"Eomma...Appa..." Doojoon whispered.

"What my son!?" Mrs. Yoon cried.

"Eomma...Appa..."

You stared at him.

"I...Love...You..." He whispered.

Mrs. Yoon broke down in tears, as Mr. Yoon caught her.

"We love you too!" Mr. Yoon cried.

"Junhyung...Hyunseung...Yoseob...Gikwang...Dongwoon..." Doojoon said slowly.

"Hyung!" Beast cried.

"Keep...on...dancing...Hyunseung." He whispered.

Hyunseung stared to tear as he nodded.

"Gikwang...get..a...girlfriend."

Everyone giggled as Gikwang smiled and nodded.

"Junhyung...try...being...nice...to...the...others...once..in...a while." Doojoon giggled softly, before coughing.

Junhyung scoffed.

"Yoseobie...keep...smiling...and laughing."

Yoseob nodded.

"Dongwoon...keep..._______ safe...and happy."

Dongwoon looked at him, and nodded.

You cried softly.  Doojoon searched for your hand, as you grabbed his own.

"________...I'm...sorry.  I...love...you...very...much." Doojoon whispered weakly, taking a deep breath.

"Oppa!" You said.

"Thank you everyone....I'll...be...watching........over............you..........."

"all."

Doojoon's breathing started to slow down.  His monitor started beep slowly, as finally....

"beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

"HYUNG!!!" Dongwoon cried.

"OPPA!!!" You screamed.

Yoseob fell to the floor crying.

Junhyung punched the wall, tears silently falling down his cheeks.

Hyunseung and Gikwang stood there crying.  Hyunseung pulled his hood up, as he cried.

Doojoon's parents cried out his name.  Mrs. Yoon grabbed his hand.

"My son!!!" Mr. Yoon cried.

The doctors bowed, as the pulled over the white sheet.

"No! Please!" You cried throwing it off.

You cupped his face.

"Doojoon oppa." You cried.

With that, you placed your lips on his.  Giving him a final farewell.  Pulling back, you caressed his hair, down to his cheeks.  You kissed his forehead, his eye, and nose.  Peaking his lips once more.  Finally you placed your lips near his ear, whispering:

"I love you."