A Bitter Day

One-night Stand

"Click clock click clock click clock"

 

The funny sound of an alarm clock constantly rings, waking HyunA up. She rolled on the bed which she had an affair last night, looking all messy and tired.  She's come to just to find out that her partner had left her. Still, she has on her face a faint smile. One-night stand, isn't this what she already knew?

 

"I should head home soon..." she slowly shuffles to the bathroom while murmuring something.

 

 

*---Flashback---*

 

 

HyunA was a model, a pretty successful one until she was forced to quit her career because of her marriage with JunHyung. To put it bluntly, she hated it. But since the marriage was arranged by her parents, she couldn't help but went along. HyunA remembered clearly that JunHyung seemed to oppose of it too. The proof was he hardly touched her after their wedding. In the daytime, he went to work in his company while HyunA stayed home with lots of free times. When the night arrived, they slept in separate rooms. They didn't even bother to look at each other at dinner, the only meal they have together. JunHyung and HyunA spent everyday living like strangers in the same house. And she was fine with that.

 

However, there was one night that JunHyung'd come home drunk like a monkey. And what might happen ought to happen. Despite being HyunA's husband, he her, violently and brutally. 

 

Her first time hurt like hell. HyunA later became so frightened that she'd shut herself down in her very room. Naturally, JunHyung looked like he felt guitly about the incident. He began to treat her more nicely.  He moved into the same room to sleep with HyunA. Whenever she was having a nightmare, he would embrace her tightly until she's calmed down. He'd take her out playing. He'd smile to her when they were having a conversation.  For the next few months, HyunA was pampered greatly by JunHyung. And she thought maybe it would be okay if they continued like this. That was when she noticed that she had fallen in love with him.

 

Nevertheless, things shifted into an ironic direction. Three months after that fateful night, HyunA was pregnant. She often threw up and felt dizzy. The very day that she fainted and was hospitalized, she was told that she was blessed with JunHyung's child. Constract to her joyful face, JunHyung's was filled with disbelief and madness.

 

After the news was announced, JunHyung came home less and less. Until the day she went into labor, he hadn't once been by her side. The name "JunA" for their daughter was given by HyunA.

 

Soon after she was discharged. JunHyung called her to discuss an important choice.

 

"The truth is, I wanted to get a dirvoce" he started "I didn't plan on ever touching you or doing anything to you. I hated this marriage!"

 

"You're a good person, HyunA, but I've never loved you. The times I was nice to you was to pay off my guilt for you. I did intend to be nice to you, but your pregnancy destroyed my plan."

 

Her tears began to swell upon her beautiful eyes.

 

"The child is my mistake, so I can't deny it. However,..." JunHyung ignore her feelings and went on, "now I must give you 2 choices: First, stay in this marriage with the child until I found some better solution. Second, get a dirvoce immediately. I will provide you the money you want, but the child will be in my care."

 

Obviously, HyunA picked the first choice. She cried as she was leaving the room. It'd be alright. Everything would get erased over time. When that time comes, she wouldn't feel hurt anymore.

 

"HyunA, I'm sorry..." JunHyung whispered in a voice that no one heard.

 

A bitter day...

 

*---End Flashback---*

 

 

Leaving the hotel with a sour look on her face, HyunA sighs.

 

"Why would I remember that now?" she mutters.

 

Her thighs hurt real bad that she can hardly walk. Looking up to the house where she lost her freedom of heart, she breaths another long sigh.  Stepping into that house, there is someone hopping into her embrace.

 

"Mama, welcome... home." JunA said loudly with a bright smile on her face.

 

"Um, I'm home, dear" HyunA picked JunA up "Did you miss me?"

 

For JunA, HyunA had been enduring this cold marriage. She wanted her to have a father. She wanted her to receive love from him. Unfortunately, this intention of hers doesn't work out. JunHyung treated JunA more coldly than anything.

 

"Yep" JunA nods "Ah, Papa need you something. He wait in living room."

 

A chill runs down HyunA's spine. She senses something terrible is about to occur...

 

 

____________________________________________________

The first chapter seems too short, eh? Its purpose is to explain the situation a bit, so it can't be helped.

This is my first time writing fiction in English. I expect everyone to give me your comments about the plot.  I apprepriate it.

And the last part was written in a rush. It maybe a little awkward. Please bear with it.

Ah, I like to add video/music to the chapter if something in the song is similar to the plot ~