Too Deep

Too Deep

SISTAR-ALONE-HYORIN.jpg

 

She would be lying to herself if she said she was surprised. She shouldn’t, couldn’t be. It had been the third time that month he hadn’t shown up. She could have made up various excuses, some he had already used in order to excuse his behaviour.

 

“I’ve had to stay late at recording baby, I won’t be able to make it”

Or

“The boys and I are rehearsing; I won’t make it tonight baby”

Or

“I have an early morning”

Or

“I'm too tired Hyorin-ah”

She should have understood, and she did she was an idol herself. She knew perfectly well how tiring days could be, how painful early mornings could be, how stressful it was to have to stay later at the studios or rehearse into the early morning. She just found it incredibly strange how she somehow always found time to see him.

Even with their extremely pressurising and packed schedules for their ‘Alone’ promotions, she somehow always found a way to make time to see him anytime he would call her stressed from a bad day recording, or when he couldn’t seem to get a dance move right.  She would go straight to him, offer any sort of comfort she could. But for the past few weeks she had begun to notice that he simply didn’t have the time for her at all. Their meetings had begun to become scarce, their phone calls shorter and their text messages didn’t seem to have the same sweetness they used to.

And now looking out at the rain outside of the car she felt like an idiot, she had put on her best dress, she had asked her stylist unnies for a favour so she could look the best for their date. However hallway to their favourite restaurant a little jingle from her phone informed her of a message, one that while hurt was not surprising.  She wasn’t an idiot, and although she was young she was more matured than her years, life as an idol had trained her to ignore the pain that came with the negative things in life.

She could take the comments on her appearance, the fun jabs at her husky voice. They had become like air, constantly there but it never bothered her. However the pain she felt from that single message wasn’t that easy to hide.

It’s not working out. We’re both too busy to keep this up. Hyorin-ah I think its better we end this before we get in too deep.

Strange, because it seemed that she was already in way too deep.