I'm Here

I'm Here

54719015201010151844584.jpg

 

 

It was nothing new to them. The large crowds that waited for them every time they arrived at an airport was a common occurrence, something they had quickly gotten used to. They had to, with their constant travelling between countries they spent as much time in the air as they did on the land. But the fact that it was common still never lessened the thrill it brought the nine girls to be greeted by the excited smiling fans, it made the exhaustion bearable, no matter how being or stressful their schedules became it was the happy faces of their fans that really drove them to work through it. Each member had their own routine, something they always did when they were flying, it was always the same thing, Yoona realised after a couple of flights her unnies were like clockwork.

Taeyeon would be discussing their schedules with their Manager Oppa, her two American born unnies Tiffany and Jessica would be flipping through magazines, giggling every so often about an item of clothing they liked. Sunny would always be watching some sort of movie, and recently she had become obsessed with action movies, so much that the others would often find her walking around their dorm attempting what she described as ‘ninja moves’. Hyoyeon would always be bobbing her head to the newest hip hop track, her feet, hands and the rest of her body moving slightly much to the annoyance of whoever was sat next to her. Yuri would always be sat next to Sooyoung and both would be giggling about something or other, although it was obvious the subject would always move around to guys, and it was no surprise to any of them that their maknae always had some sort of book in her hand, it was something Yoona had always admired in Seohyun, her concentration was like no other she had ever seen. The world around her could be going up in flames but it was probable that she didn’t even realise.

Yoona however would spend her time watching the other people in the plane. It was often always the same people in their business and first class journeys. There would be the boring men, most in their older years, reading newspapers in their perfectly ironed suits. There would be the rich wives, the women crazy enough to travel in stiletto heels, not even once removing their heels on the plane and somehow their makeup was always perfect. However on this certain flight Yoona had been one of the last to board and she had been pleasantly surprised to find that this flight nothing was routine, in fact most of the seats in first class were taken up by idols mostly the boys of 2PM and 2AM, people they considered friends.

The other girls had been just as surprised as Yoona and while some grumbled at being sat next to their own members, others had been luckier. Yoona being one of them, she had been placed next to Taecyeon. While normally she would have been ecstatic she found herself wondering if something was wrong, the normally dorky and talkative model like boy had spent most of their three hour flight silently reading or talking to Tiffany who was sat on his other side across the aisle. Yoona had been very surprised however to find herself accidently listening into one of their conversations when she was in the bathroom of the plane, obviously her two American friends weren’t aware she was in there.

The words that had come out of her unnie’s mouth had stayed in her mind for the rest of the flight. It was something she wouldn’t easily forget.

“You need to tell her Taec, you’re lying to yourself and Yoona if you don’t. Stop thinking about what the public would say, it’s not like anyone would have to find out”

She had told Tiffany once about her crush on Taecyeon, it had slipped out once when they were halfway through a fight she had started with her unnie. It was right after they had filmed family outing, the way Taecyeon had taken care of Tiffany before anyone else had sparked up a feeling of jealousy that Yoona by the time she realised what was happening she had already began screaming at her unnie for no reason.

Tiffany much to Yoona’s surprise didn’t even look surprised at her sudden outburst, in fact judging by her smile Yoona had a feeling her unnie had already known. After that tiffany had sat her down and they had talked, all night until Taeyeon had to wake them up the next morning for them to get ready for their next schedule. Tiffany had made it clear that she and Taecyeon were nothing more than best friends and they never would be more than that, and she had even encouraged the younger to go after him, giving her her blessing as the best friend.

But Taecyeon had been acting strangely throughout the flight, and judging by the worried glances tiffany kept throwing their way it was obvious something was up. But Yoona didn’t really have a lot of time to ponder on her elder’s strange behaviour as she and the others moved through the airport towards their respective vans. There were more people than usual at the airport but that was expected as it were three different idol groups moving through the busy place.

2AM had led the way, followed by 2PM while the girls followed behind, however as they walked through the crowds Yoona was unexpectedly bumped by a bodyguard, knocking over the bag she was carrying and the moments seemed to go in slow motion. As she bent to pick up her various fallen items an arm had appeared through the barriers of guards and grabbed Yoona, before roughly pulling her into the crowd of fans, her scream of surprise faded into the louder screams of the fans trying to grab at her.

There seemed to be chaos for a couple of seconds as various guards pushed through the fans to reach the screaming girl, while her members were pushed back by various other guards for their own safety. Yoona was disorientated, their security were normally quite effective even after all their years of debuting there had been miniscule incidents of any fan getting close enough to actually touch one of them, let alone roughly grab them.

A muscular arm pushed various fan boys out of the way and quickly wrapped around Yoona’s body and before she realised what was happening she was being held close to someone’s chest, a very muscular chest as they ran through the airport and towards their van. Looking up Yoona met the face of Taecyeon as he looked determined to get to the van before anyone could reach them. The blush that crept up her cheeks at the closeness of the two was making her hot and dizzy and she couldn’t feel embarrassed at having to be saved.

As they reached the van she could see the worried faces of Tiffany and Sooyoung, who she normally shared a van with as they looked out of the open door. Once they had arrived Taecyeon gently placed Yoona inside the car and went to pull away but Yoona’s strong hold on his shirt told him he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Taec, travel with us, she seems to shocked to let go of you right now”

Nodding Taecyeon moved to sit next to the girl her head came to rest on his shoulder her breathing heavy and the other two in the car couldn’t help but look in worry at their younger sister and the apparent paleness of her skin.

“What happened, one minute we were all walking the next everyone was screaming and we were all being pushed into the vans” Sooyoung spoke up from her spot on the back seat.

“A fan managed to grab her, she was dragged into the crowds, and security lost her for a couple of seconds but who know what could have happened.” Taecyeon explained, his arms wrapped around the girls frail shaking frame.

The other girls nodded in understanding and it became quiet in the van, only the sounds of Yoona’s laboured breathing and the occasional noises from outside.

“O-Oppa?”

Taeyeon looked down at the girl in his arms and smiled, “Yeah Yoon, it’s me, how you doing?”

“I-I’m okay. A little surprised”

“That’s normal you went through a lot” Taecyeon’s arms tightened around the girl unconsciously and his smile grew, “It’s alight though I'm here now, no one will ever touch you like that again”

The two girls in the back watched the exchange with differing expression; Tiffany smiled at finally seeing the two together. Sooyoung on the other hand leaned in closer to her unnie,

“Hey unnie? When did this happen?” She whispered motioning at the two in front with an amusingly confused face.