The Second

Every Smile

[CONTENTID1] The Second [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Beep~~ Beep~~ Beep~~

“Come on hyung, pick up“ Minho mumbled to himself while pressing the cell phone to his ear. “Come on you chicken-freak, I need you… I will give you chicken if~”

“Hello?”

“Ah, finally, hi hyung it’s me, Minho.” He said happily, hoping secretly that Onew hadn’t heard what he had said earlier to himself.

“Hi Minho-ah… I get chicken if I do what?” Onew’s voice was so excited, Minho could almost see the excited grin the elder probably sported right then.

“Dammit – oh sorry for cursing hyung – it’s just… Do you think I’m doing the right thing? And how can I do it properly? Maybe I will fail or trip or won’t get any words out and then” He inhaled deeply, feeling the panic rising once again. It happened so often when he thought about this, Lee Taemin wasn’t good for him that was for sure.

“Aish, Minho-ah, you should stop all this panicking when you’re thinking about him, I know you’re in love – don’t you dare deny it – and confused and scared but still, CALM DOWN!” Onew replied sternly but with a hint of amusement in his voice. He knew how desperate his dongseang was and how much he needed advice and help.

“…”

“Alright, so, we've been over this a million times before, there should be nothing to worry about. Minho, you’re really handsome, you’re nice and you've even talked to Taemin a few times before. Remember?”

 

“Ok, class, I want you all to choose a student from my other class to work with for the prom. And to have more fun with that, I’m only going to hand out the list with their names and you write your name behind one. If you know someone from the class it’s ok too but it would be fun to let it be decided randomly. Arasseo?” The teacher gave the piece of paper to someone in the first row, only a few seats away from Minho and turned around to the board again. Whispers started to erupt while everyone processed the new information. Sure they knew that there was going to have a prom and they also knew that every student had to help, but still, they hadn’t know that they would be working together with another class – and on top of that a class with younger students they weren’t familiar with.

Rather uninterested, Minho took the list from Jaejin and scanned the names lackadaisically:

SongSeunghyun
ParkSungYoung
Amber Josephine Liu             (Shim Hyun Seong)
Do Kyungsoo
Lee Taemin
Park Jiyeon


Lee Taemin

Minho’s stomach literally made a flip when he saw the name. He didn’t even know whether this was the right person, neither whether they would get along at all. Still, he immediately wrote his name behind the other one, his hand trembling so much, the words were barely recognizable.

Finally, after a whole week, the dreaded and at the same time anticipated day arrived; Minho’s class would meet up with the other one and the students would begin preparing for prom. Minho was nervous beyond belief, he didn’t know this person… well he knew Taemin was beautiful, he knew Taemin was undeniably elegant in his movements and was an amazing, breathtaking dancer but, truth be told, that was very close to nothing. So he stood next to Onew, fidgeting with his hands and biting his bottom lip nervously while the class waited for the other students in the hall. He whispered a bit with his hyung, the latter trying to calm him. Onew knew full well about Minho’s doubts, actually, he found it rather amusing that his always cool and charismatic dongsaeng got so worked up over a person he didn’t really know – and a boy on top of that. That this could happen to Choi Minho, who used to be so strictly against homoual behaviour…

The other class arrived and Minho felt like he was being eaten alive by the dragonflies that fluttered in his stomach. There he was, that glorious, pretty boy. Even without the goddess-like smile, he was way above beautiful to Minho. The teacher quickly paired them up since only she knew every name and soon Minho and Taemin stood next to each other, having yet to greet each other but the teacher wasn’t someone you want to catch you while talking in class. In fact, Minho felt like dying, he could make out the faint scent of bananas that seemed to cling to the boy, he could even feel the younger’s body heat. It was too much, after so much time of admiring from afar, Minho didn’t know what to do, especially when the teacher finished telling them what to do and he knew he now had to talk to the boy next to him. As in: Saying some words that the other would hear, understand and maybe even answer to.  As in: Hearing the other’s voice for the first time. As in: Letting the other one know that you exist.

“HiI’mChoiMinhoandit’snicemeetyou” He blurted out, unexplainably proud that he had managed to say something. The younger student seemed to be confused though.

“Erm, sorry, hyung, I didn’t understand a word you said, that was too fast for me.” He said, blushing a bit but sending one of these smiles at Minho. The latter’s heart decided to do a quick 100m-sprint at the sight of the boy's blush before it felt like it stopped beating altogether when he saw his smile. It was directed at him. Only at him!

“Omo, sorry. I’m Choi Minho, it’s nice to meet you. You’re Lee Taemin, right?”

“Yes I am. It’s really nice to meet you too hyung… aren’t you the one who asked me about the song I danced to a few weeks ago?”

Minho mentally face palmed. So embarrassing!“Erm, yes… Sorry, I was probably really creepy back then.” He said sheepishly, feeling his face heat up a bit. The blood left his face though when Taemin laughed in response. It was the most beautiful sound Minho had ever heard, it sounded like an angel, leaving Minho behind startled and in awe.

“Don’t worry hyung, it was alright. Come on, let’s go paint these chairs, we can talk then too.” The angel-like boy said cheerfully and skipped to the stack of chairs in the corner of the room.

 

Minho cleared his throat after replaying the memory for the umpteenth time before answering Onew.

“Y- yes, I remember. But hyung, I think the only thing I ever did was stutter and make weird remarks and I probably never answered any of his questions, I think, because most of the time I didn’t really listen to him. Hyung, you should hear his laughter, it’s the most beautiful sound in the world, I swear! Gaah!! I’m going to die before I even make it into the gym, seriously. Onew-hyung, help me!!”

“Ok, let’s just skip the whole talking-part for now.” Onew answered, obviously deep in thought. “What are you going to do about the dancing? Can you dance?”

“Erm, well, a bit, I know how to dance the Rumba, I even know a few patterns for that. Is that alright?”

“It’s perfect Minho-ah, Rumba is the dance of love after all.” The elder chuckled at Minho’s awkwardness that was even clear through the phone. “But, do you know whether he can dance? That’s important too.”

“Believe me hyung, he can dance.” Minho replied firmly, his mind once again going through a memory that revolved around Taemin.

 

“Hyung…?” Taemin asked suddenly, obviously deep in thought while he applied the paint on the chair. It was their third day working together and they had gotten quite comfortable with each other – ignoring the fact that Minho’s heart would still beat at a ridiculously fast pace when he simply saw the younger boy, let alone the numbness that took over his brain whenever he was near to Taemin.

“Y- yeah Taemin-ah?” God, how he hated how he stuttered when talking to the angelic boy.

“Will you laugh at me if I tell you something?”

To say that Minho was elated, maybe jubilant even, after hearing that would be an understatement. Taemin’s words implied trust and closeness, it made Minho’s heart swell with happiness that the younger boy would tell him something that was probably a secret.

“I’d never laugh at you Taemin-ah, I promise.” Minho couldn’t help but notice how much he sounded like Onew then… maybe his awkward hyung rubbed off on him.

“Ok, um… you know, during the prom there's also dancing right? Aish, of course there is – so I wondered… Is it wrong for me to like the girls’ steps of the dances more?” Seeing the blank expression on Minho’s face he got even more nervous and went on, stuttering. “Be- because, e- every time I see people dance I a- always focus more on the women, not because they’re women but because the moves they’re allowed to do are so b- beautiful and e- elegant. H- hyung is that very we- weird?”

Minho couldn’t seem to find his voice. He was stunned that Taemin felt this way, and that he was brave enough to talk to him about it… and touched because to a certain degree he knew how Taemin felt; how it was to feel different, abnormal. But also how this abnormality could make him happy – he could no longer deny that Taemin made him happier than anyone else before.

“N- no Taemin-ah, it’s not weird. It’s j- just who you are, don’t be ashamed of it. Erm, do you k- know how to dance the girls’ patterns by the way?”

“Actually yes, I’m good at memorizing dances and my brother’s friend taught them to me when he came over. I really liked it.” Taemin said with a smile, making Minho oddly jealous of that friend.[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]Tadaa, here it is, the second chapter :) (yeah, I know, I'm very creative with chapter names^^)

And, to be honest, I find Minho absolutely adorable in here, I just want to hug him and tell him that 2min is a match made in heaven and that everything is going to be alright.


I just love it when the text in macros fits so perfectly to their faces :) (Oh, and by 'wife' Minho definitely means Taemin ^^)

You have to love these guys, don't you?  <3

So, you , please comment, I'm really curious about the feedback to this chapter ^___^

Thank you very much for reading this fic <3 [/CONTENTID3]