Nanny

My Son's Nanny [one-shot]

 

“Appa?” he heard a soft voice speak.

He turned to see the little ball of sunlight that often brought a smile to his face. He automatically smiled at the sight of his little gift of life and he crouched down, opening his arms as the little figure ran to him.

“How’s my prince doing?” he asked kissing the boy’s cheek.

“I’m doing fine! I learned how to add today!” the small child squealed causing his father to ruffle his hair.

“My small boy is growing up too fast,” he complained causing his son to grin wildly at him.

“And you aren’t getting any younger,” he heard a gentle voice say causing him and his son to look up.

“Ah! Even your nanny is mean to me,” complained the father causing the other two to either giggle or chuckle.

“Well you aren’t daddy. You getting old!”

“Hey! Don’t make fun of your father’s age!”

“Oh calm down, you don’t look older than 25,” he heard the nanny speak causing him to grin.

“Yeah but he’s 30.”

“Henry!”

Said boy giggled and ran off inside back into his home trying to escape his father’s wrath.

“He’s just having fun teasing you,” the nanny explained causing the other to sigh in defeat.

“Yeah, but he’s getting to that age,” he whispered taking a seat on the cement stairs.

“Where he’s asking about having a mother,” he finished once he felt the other sit beside him.

A pregnant silence consumed the two as they stared ahead at the falling colored leaves. The two could hear the small feet of the child running back and forth on the wooden floor from inside.

“For the past few days,” started the smaller figure of the two, “he’s called me eomma,” he finished staring at his feet.

“I’ve tried to stop him… but he won’t.”

Another silence came between them as they tried to register their situation. He’d admit that the nanny did act like a mother to his child since he hired him when Henry was only 1 year old. It took forever to even find someone because Henry seemed to reject everyone, until he showed up.

Henry practically ran to the unknown man and smiled, giggling and the rest was history. For the past 5 years he’d been Henry’s nanny and they truly had been the most blissful years he has had since Henry’s mother disappeared.  He truly owed his sanity, his happiness and that of his son to him.

Hearing him admit that Henry had called him eomma wasn’t surprising because Henry had called his nanny that in front of him before. He asked why he considered his nanny his eomma and his explanation truly left him astonished.

“Because nanny cares for me, makes me smile, makes me feel better and loves me.”

“Siwon?” he heard the other call snapping him out of his trip down memory lane.

“Sorry, but… it’s alright,” he answered turning to stare at the nanny who sat beside him.

Siwon shifted his weight, turning his body to face his son’s nanny fully and took his hands into his.

“S-siwon?” came the startled sweet voice that had been accompanying him for the past five years.

“Han Geng, you’ve been there for Henry since he was one, taking care of him as a real mother should when his abandoned him and myself. But you didn’t stop there; you have also helped me through some rough patches in my life and taught me to be the best father I could be to Henry. You’ve truly become part of our family, not just a nanny that takes care of my son. You are so much more to both Henry and I; Geng, you brought back our smiles our happiness when we had lost it,” Siwon explained as he raised his hand to his nanny’s cheek.

“W-wonnie,” Geng replied, his voice trembling with emotion as tears threatened to fall from his eyes at the confession coming from his boss.

Siwon couldn’t help but smile at the nickname the man had given him by accident, one he had Geng promise to call him when he felt happy.

“Hannie, become Henry’s mother. Become our eternal light of happiness; become my wife, my husband, my partner in life,” he proposed resting his forehead against his nanny’s.

Geng let out a small laugh as a tear fell from his eye down his cheek.  He had been scared of himself when he realized what kind of feelings he had for his boss who had been so kind to him. He smiled at Siwon, nodding his head exponentially happy at the confession and proposal. Siwon smiled, his heart filled with joy, as he kissed the man that had sneaked into his heart and made a permanent residence inside.

“Save the kissing for the wedding!” a giggle broke the comforting silence.

“Henry!”