Teaser #01: Group Information

DiVA - SM Entertainment's New Girl Group {Apply Closed}


 

As reported a few days earlier, SM Entertainment's new female idol group is about to join the flood of debuts this year, with the direct supports and guidance of the legend of Korean music world, Kangta.

Comprised of seven talented and beautiful girls, DiVA, as the name was revealed on SM Entertainment's official website, is going to make their grand entrance onto the K-Pop scene some time next month.

"They were working really hard to make their debut successful," Kangta stated when he was interviewed by TV Report. "I haven't seen such passion and skills in a girl-group for a long time. I am sure they have enough talents to compete for the rookie award at this year's Year-End Ceremony."

SM Entertainment's very own CEO Lee Soo Man added, "They have a very unique style as a group, and their future are shining brightly. Kangta is doing his job very well despite being new at directing. We both concluded on the name DiVA because it definitely suits their fierce-looking idol attitude in a good way."

As a lot of netizens presumed that they are going to be the female version of EXO, SM's newest male idol group who debuted earlier last month, Kangta negated.

"Indeed they come from the same agency, and they possess the same amount of amazing singing, dancing, and rapping skills, but DiVA and EXO have completely different concepts because I personally directed DiVA while EXO was personally directed by Lee Soo Man. Please look forward to this new female group, I'm sure you won't be disappointed."

Are you excited? Check out DiVA's full group information below!

 

Group Name  DiVA (디바)

Number of members  7 (seven)

Fanclub Name  -TBA-

Fanclub Color  Cerise

Debut Date  May 17th, 2012

Label  SM Entertainment

 

Source: TV Report via Nate + SM Entertainment's Official Website