The Case

Undercover: Clue + Note

"Aish... Cho Minji! Get down here right this minute!" Seohyun bellowed at the top of her lungs. Light footsteps were heard and from the doorframe, a head popped out, looking evidently confused. "Yes, Seohyunnie?"

"Don't 'Seohyunnie' me! What did you do to the living room?!" Seohyun yelled at the younger female. Minji blinked twice before she looked at what Seohyun was gesturing. Basically, the whole living room was a complete wreck. The pillows were streamed across the floor. Newspapers and magazines were torn about. There were some small shards of broken glass lying on the carpet, and to top it all up, some of the furniture was either toppled or being moved.

Minji fiddled with a strand of her, suddenly having an interest on the floor. "Um... well, you see — "

"I'm back, and... oh my God! Cho Minji! What have you done with the living room?!" Yoona shrieked, looking aghast at the wrecked living room. Minji just flashed her a guilty smile, which immediately faltered when Seohyun shot her a deathly glare. "Exactly my point, Yoong. I just got here and the living room was like this. Now, Cho Minji, explain."

'I swear, she's even scarier than Victoria,' Minji chided mentally to herself as she just stared innocently at the two older females. "Well, I guess I was looking for one of my ingredients for my Chemistry Class. I think I left it here a few hours ago, so I thought I might as well look for it."

"An ingredient... for your Chemistry Class...?" Seohyun repeated those words slowly, anger beginning to boil up inside her. Minji nodded her head vigorously and showed them a test tube of a bluish substance within it. 

Tersed silence.

Immediately, Yoona grabbed Seohyun's arms as the 'peacemaker' of the group lunged at the younger female. Minji didn't showed an expression of being shocked or surprised at Seohyun's sudden action and just blinked at her, shrugging. At this point, Seohyun began yelling in complete anger and frustration at Minji. "Cho Minji! You completely wrecked our living room as if someone had just broke into this place! You are going to get it from me this time, Minji!"

"Yah, Seo Joohyun, calm down!" Yoona said as she barely restrained the 'peacemaker' within her grasp. Then, Sulli yelled from upstairs, "Yah! Could you at least keep quiet down there! I'm doing my math homework here, you know!"

Seohyun stopped struggling under Yoona's grasp and counted from one to ten, trying to calm down her anger and frustration at the technology whiz. She took a deep breath and let out a forced smile. "Okay, Minji, I'm not going to kill you because I know Victoria-unnie will murder me in my sleep when she realized I killed one of our top-ranking members in the SH Agency."

"I know that you can't and won't murder me, Seohyunnie, because I know you love me." Minji said in a narcissistic way. Seohyun scoffed and turned away, "Please, Minji, you are definitely my number one on my hate list right now."

A whimpering sound was made, which made Seohyun curious and glance a bit from behind. She knew she made a mistake for looking back because standing right before her was Minji pouting and putting both of her fists next to both sides of her face. Seohyun cringed slightly at the sight of Minji doing aegyo. Minji continued pouting and making whimpering sounds for the next several minutes until the 'peacemaker' waved her hands in defeat. "Okay, okay! I don't hate you! Just please, stop with the aegyo already!"

Minji did what she was told and flashed a victorious smirk. "I know you couldn't resist my cuteness." She said haughtily. Seohyun just sighed heavily and rubbed her temples. "I think I'll need some tea or coffee."

"I'll make you some!" Minji said in a bright tone. 

"Oh no, Minji. You are not stepping in to the kitchen again." Yoona said in a firm tone. "Remember the last time you tried to make us something? We were confined to our beds for five days straight because of what you made. Yes, you inherited your brother's good looks and smart intellect, but you also inherited his horrible cooking! So I'll say this once and not again: you will never cook for us ever again."

"Okay, Yoona, you don't mind making me some coffee or tea, right?" Seohyun asked. Yoona nodded her head. "Sure, I could use some coffee, too, right now."

Yoona left the living room, leaving Seohyun and Minji just there. Seohyun walked over to the supplies closet at the very end of the room and took out a broom and dust pan. She gave them to Minji and said in a serious tone. "Clean them up."

Minji just shot a quick glare at the older female before proceeding to do what she was to do. Seohyun picked up the newspaper that wasn't in complete shreds and took them with her to the kitchen, where she could smell fresh brewed coffee there. By the time she got inside the kitchen, Yoona already gave her a cup of coffee while she was drinking hers. Seohyun accepted the cup with a murmur of 'thanks' and began to read the newspaper.

"So, where's Vic-unnie?" Yoona asked, sipping the coffee from her cup. Seohyun shrugged, not bothering to look up from the newspaper. "I heard that she got a call from her Psychology teacher and well, she bolted directly out of the room."

"Unnie's such a teacher's pet." The choding commented, chuckling. Seohyun just grinned. "Well, I don't blame Victoria-unnie anyways. After all, she always balance work with school. I admire her for that."

"Seohyun, Yoona — What happened to the living room?!"

"Looks like Vic-unnie's back." Yoona said as she and Seohyun entered the living room. Victoria stood there, horrified at the sight of the completely wrecked living room. She shook her head slightly and said in a hardened tone. "Seohyun... just get Sulli and we'll just meet in the kitchen instead."

Seohyun nodded and disappeared upstairs with Yoona tagging along. Victoria turned to Minji with a murderous look on her face. Minji, however, just gave her a slight smile. "Welcome back, fearless leader." Minji said nonchalantly. 

"Minji, what did you do to the living room?" Victoria said slowly, her voice hardening. Minji shrugged again, putting her hands in her pockets. "Well, I was looking for my — "

"Okay, Vic-unnie, what's the big news?" Yoona said with a slight exciting tone as she happily skipped inside the room with Sulli and Seohyun following her from behind. Victoria shot Minji a look as if to say 'We'll talk about that later' and cleared . "Ahem, now everyone gather around in a circle, please."

The four girls did what their leader instructed and settled down on the round table while Victoria took out some documents from her bag. Sulli raised an eyebrow when she read a few of the documents that the older female laid out. "Victoria-unnie... are we going to learn about your personal life today or about Psychology?"

Victoria's eyes widened and snatched the documents from the girls' hands. She shoved them back to her bag and took out a different set of documents. Minji snickered as she looked up from the paper that was in her hands which the eldest female hadn't grabbed on yet. "Vic... I didn't know that you like Zhou Mi."

"Yah, Minji!" Victoria bellowed as she snatched the paper from Minji, her face beet red. Minji just howled in laughter, causing the eldest female to shoot a deathly glare at her, only to have the technology whiz to ignore it. Seohyun frowned and kicked the younger female under the table, causing her to yelp in pain. Minji rubbed her shins in pain as she glared at Seohyun. Before Minji could retort something to Seohyun, Victoria cleared , which has gotten everyone's attention to her. "Ladies, we have a new case in our hands today."

Yoona jumped up and down excitedly in her seat. "Yes! Finally, a new case to solve! So, unnie, what's the case about?"

Victoria gave each one of them a copy of the document that she has in her hands, explaining the details, "A rookie singer by the name of Kim Jongwoon, otherwise known as Yesung, was believed to have committed suicide, but the Police Department, as well as the SH Agency, wants us to investigate as well."

Sulli nodded. "Okay, so when do we — "

Seohyun's face lit up as she stood up abruptly from her seat, causing all eyes to be on her. "Seohyun-ah, is there a — " Victoria's sentence was cut short when the 'peacemaker' ran over to the sofa she was sitting on a while ago and took out the newspaper, flipping through the pages of it. When she found the right page, she laid out the newspaper on the table where all of her teammates could see it and pointed at the big headlines on the newspaper.

"BREAKING NEWS

A rookie singer by the name of Kim Jongwoon, commonly referred to as 'Yesung', has been found dead in the recording studio where he was said to be recording his debut song, 'It Has To Be You'. The company wherein Mr. Kim is working in, the SM Company, are worried and terrified that this may have to do with the murders of a famed plastic surgeon, Lee Donghae, and well-known lawyer Jung Yunho. Authorities are still investigating this case and more information will be revealed when they have found out more."

Sulli blinked as she reread the news again. "This... this seems like it is connected to something."

"And what's more is that the murderer nor the weapon of murder was never been found..." Yoona faltered, still at shock of the information that was lying before her. Seohyun turned to Victoria, a serious expression on her face. "Leader, when do we start our investigation?"

Victoria looked at Seohyun, mirroring her expression. "Tonight."

(A/N: A suicide case... or so it seems? And the murderer was never been found nor has left the weapon at the site of the crime. And the theory that Sulli made about everything seems to be connected... it's still a bit sketchy. Anyways, stay tune for the next chapter.)