Propsal

Beautifully tie to you

 

“Oh, did you two get to that person?” Mrs. Horvejkul ask. 
 
“No, they got into the taxi.” Say Junsu.
 
“Mommy” Miyu say as she hold steam fresh edamame to Kahi. 
 
Kahi smiles and take one from the basket. 
 
“Did you order anything yet omma?” Nichkhun ask. 
 
“Not yet, I was waiting for you two to come back and see what you kids wanted to eat.” Say Mrs. Horvejkul.
 
“I’ll go order than.” Say Junsu. 
 
“I’ll go with you since I want some drink.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
Junsu and Nichkhun stand up and went up to a waitress and order foods and drink. Kahi watches Nichkhun worriedly, knowing that he’s hiding something from her. 
 
“Mommy.” Say Miyu, “Grandma say to come visit her someday in South Korea.” 
 
Mrs. Horvejkul smiles as she looks at the little girl. “You should Kahi.” She say.
 
“I will omma.” Say Kahi. 
 
“Can I ask what’s the meaning of Miyu name?” Lizzy ask. 
 
Kahi smiles as she looks at Miyu, “Mi mean beautiful, Yu mean tie to you.” she say. 
 
“With Nichkhun last name, it mean My heart belong to you.” say Mrs. Horvejkul warmly smiles. 
 
“Wow such beautiful name, great meaning.” Lizzy amazed by Kahi, she smiles sweetly at her. Nichkhun and Junsu head back to the table.
 
“Mommy say, Miyu name is special because it connect to daddy.” Miyu say. 
 
“Oh really?” say Nichkhun as he sit back down on the chair. “What special about me?” he ask. 
 
“Nothing.” Say Kahi. 
 
“I just heard Miyu saying something special about me.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“The only thing that is special about you is being a hot temper boy.” Say Mrs. Horvejkul jokingly. 
 
“Omma, I’m not.” Nichkhun whine. 
 
“Daddy hot temper, is it flu?” Miyu confusedly ask as she look at Mrs. Horvejkul. 
 
Mrs. Horvejkul nod. 
 
“Daddy, drink water. Mommy say water help flu.” Say Miyu. 
 
Junsu and Lizzy start laughing. Kahi and Mrs. Horvejkul laughs quietly. Nichkhun forcefully nods and drink a glass of water. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
After dinner, Nichkhun, Kahi and Miyu went for a walk while Junsu take Mrs. Horvejkul and Lizzy back to the hotel. 
 
“Was it him?” Kahi ask worriedly. 
 
“Don’t think about it.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
Kahi worriedly yet hopelessly look down at the ground as she walks. 
 
Nichkhun stop and looks at her, “Let’s take Miyu home. You must be tired too.” He say. 
 
Kahi nods lightly. They walk back to Nichkhun cars. During the whole ride, Kahi keep silent and looking out the window. Nichkhun glance at her from time to time. Once they arrive, he stop the car. Nichkhun get out first and went to Kahi side to open her door but she was already out. Kahi unbuckle Miyu seatbelt, mother and daughter walk to the door, leaving Nichkhun confusedly looking at her. Nichkhun run up to her and grab her hand. Kahi stop. 
 
“Can we talk?” Nichkhun ask. He look at Miyu, “Miyu, daddy need to talk to mommy for a little bit. Can you go inside?” 
 
Miyu nod and run into the house where her grandma sat in the living watching TV. Kahi still have her back facing Nichkhun, he turn her around to face him yet only to see her unhappy face. 
 
“What’s wrong? You’ve been quiet since lunch.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“Nothing.” Say Kahi unhappily. “I’m just tire.” 
 
“Are you made at me?” Nichkhun ask worriedly. 
 
“No.” Say Kahi unhappily. 
 
“Can you come with me somewhere tonight?” Nichkhun ask.
 
“What time?” Kahi say. 
 
“I’ll call you when I arrive.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“Then I’ll see you tonight.” Say Kahi before she walks into her house. 
 
Nichkhun can tell that she is not happy and still fearful from earlier. He stand in front of her house for a couple minutes before he decided to drive to the Jewelry store. Walking into the store, he take a look at every ring in the glass drawer. 
 
“Konichiwa.” The salesman greet Nichkhun with smiles. “Looking for a proposal ring?” 
 
Nichkhun nods, “Yes, I planning to propose to her tonight.” He say. 
 
“Lovely.” The salesman say. “Any specific ring you have in mind?” 
 
“She doesn’t like big diamond. Simple ring is fine.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“Ahh I see.” Say the salesman. 
 
The salesman went to get him a ring from the drawer by the corner and bring it back to Nichkhun. 
 
“How about this ring?” say The salesman. “It’s our latest design and it just come in.” 
 
Nichkhun smiles as he take a closer look at the ring. 
 
Nichkhun put the ring back down on the small pillow. “I’ll take that ring. Get me a size 6.5” He say. 
 
“Great choice, I surely she like it.” Say the salesman. 
 
Nichkhun smiles as he take out his credit card and pay for the ring. After salesman hand Nichkhun the ring, Nichkhun walk back to his car and drive to many store to purchase sparkling red light, candles, and bouquet of red roses. Then Nichkhun drive back to the pond valley by Kahi house. He set the red light in rows along the trees, letting it dangling in the air. Nichkhun then set the candle in two rows down to the pond, firing the bottom of the candle to make it stick to the ground. The sky slowly turn dark as he set up at the pond. Spending nearly 2 hours, he finally finish and call Kahi. 
 
“Hello?” Kahi answer her phone. 
 
“Kahi, can you come to the pond valley by your house?” Nichkhun ask. 
 
“What are you doing there?” Kahi ask. 
 
“You’ll see, just come.” Nichkhun say. 
 
Kahi hang up the phone and grab her jacket out of the locker.
 
“Omma, I’m going out for a little.” Say Kahi. 
 
“Okay, stay warm.” Say Mrs. Park from the living. 
 
Kahi walk out of the house and close the door behind her. The moon is already up in the sky, snow start falling over her head. Kahi suddenly stop and see the pond valley light up in red with candles lighten shinning the way to a tall man holding a bouquet of flower. She cover in shock as she sees the bouquet slowly lowering, showing the face behind bouquet. Nichkhun stand smiling as he look at her. Nichkhun and Kahi slowly walks up to each other. They stop once they are only a couple feet away. 
 
“For you.” Nichkhun say as he hand her the bouquet of rose.
 
“Did you do all of this?” Kahi ask as she take the bouquet. 
 
Nichkhun nod as he smiles. Kahi smell rose, a shinning small object flash across her eyes. She then see a ring in one of the rose and look at Nichkhun confusedly.
 
Nichkhun take the ring out of the rose and hold it in between them. “Tonight, I want to propose to you.” He say. Nichkhun hold her left hand. “If I’m not wrong, I remember not giving you a proper proposal back then.” He smiles childishly. “It been a long time since I have this feeling again, the warmness and love that I have almost wanted to share with you and our children. I don’t know if you see this as stupid or childish, but I love it. Other may see me as stupid for loving an ordinary girl but to me, you are everything I have and wanted. I’m sorry for blaming you, for treating coldly. I didn’t know you were force from the beginning because of your parent.” Kahi slowly tears up in from of him as she listen to his words. Nichkhun softly touch her tears on the right side of her face, “Thank you for accepting me again. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for not giving up on Miyu and raise her to a beautiful girl like you.” He smiles warmly as he looks at her. “Now it’s my turn to take of you and Miyu, our family. I want to wake up seeing you in my arm, seeing Miyu happily jump on our bed. Watching you cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Miyu. I want to know and do what I miss this pass five year. Please marry me Kahi.” 
 
Kahi stunt by his words, stood looking into his eyes. She hesitate as she tries to control her tears in front of him. Remembering him chasing Doojoon in the afternoon and almost hit by a car, her heart jump a couple beat and drop dead as she looks at him, the fear of loosing him in her eyes. 
 
“Mianhe oppa.” Kahi say sadly before turning around and walk away. 
 
Nichkhun stand shock for a little before chasing after her. Kahi wiping her tears away as she walk rashly away from him. Nichkhun grab her turn her around, he sees her crying with her hand covering . 
 
“W—why?” Nichkhun ask confusedly. 
 
“Because I don’t accept any other ring beside the first one.” Kahi making up reason. 
 
“You’re lying.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“I’m not ready.” Kahi excuses. 
 
“That’s not the answer.” Say Nichkhun anxiously. “Marry Me?” he ask her again. 
 
Kahi close her eyes for a second before looking into his eyes with tears. “I can’t oppa.” Kahi sobs. 
 
“Didn’t you say you love me?” Nichkhun ask shakily. 
 
“I do but I…I can’t.” Kahi say sadly. 
 
“Five years ago, you accepted my proposal.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“I was young and still immature. But after I had Miyu, I know what the meaning of life is.” Say Kahi in tears, “I’m afraid.”
 
“What are you afraid of?” Nichkhun ask as he tilt her head lower to get a closer look. 
 
“Afraid of loosing you. I’m afraid once I accept, you would leave me. I’m afraid he will take you away from me.” Say Kahi as the fears in her eyes visual in front of him. “I don’t want to loose you. I don’t want……..” 
 
Nichkhun pull her to his lips, shutting her off as he passionately kiss her. Kahi hitting his chest as she tries to push him away. Nichkhun lock his arms around her waist, holding her tightly in his embrace. Kahi slowly weaken as she feels his lips pressure against her lip, nipping it softly. She sobs as she kiss him back. Nichkhun slowly trail his kiss up to her cheek, kissing her tears and then plant a kiss on her forehead. He looks at her and caress her cheeks gently. 
 
“Do you know how happy I am right now?” Say Nichkhun softly. “I could never ask heaven for more. Everything I have, everything I wanted….are all in front of me….” He caresses her cheeks softly. “I promise, no matter what happen, I will always be by your side.” 
 
“Oppa…” Kahi whisper, touch by his words. 
 
“You say you only accept our first ring, then I guess I have to find the first one again.” Say Nichkhun, “But remember you can’t escape me again.” 
 
Kahi smiles and embrace him tightly, resting her head against his chest. 
 
“I can wait till the right time.” Nichkhun whisper softly. 
 
Kahi tighten her arms around him as she smiles with tears around her eyes. Nichkhun kiss her head and smiles. 
 
To be continue……………..