Slumber

Sleeping Choding

"Ya! Sungyeol shi!," Soo ah shouted to Sungyeol, not even bothering on speaking with honorifics although Sungyeol's a year older than her.

They were seating on the floor, playing XBOX at Soo-ah's living room, betting against each other, being competitive.

"Bo?" Sungyeol asked, scratching his head, he's just quitted after a few rounds of losing against Soo ah.

"Loser!" she said, placing an L on her forehead, then stuck her tongue out.

Sungyeol rolled her eyes, "Sheez! Don't flatter yourself! I let you won 'cause you're a girl!"

Soo-ah laughed maniacally "HAHAHAHA! Loser! You always lose, it's in your nature!"

Sungyeol made an owl face, glaring at Soo-ah.

 

Soo-ah laughed even more,clenching her stomach, lying on the floor now.

Sungyeol saw an opportunity to tickle her. He knew her weakness, so he tickled him on the palm of her foot.

"Kyaa~Hahaha!" she said, kicking Sungyeol "Stop it"

Soo-ah stood up, arranging herself, then pointed to Sungyeol "I challenge you for a rematch!"

"but my thumbs are numb already!" he whined, showing two thumbs up to Soo-ah.

"Wimp!" she teased "Let's just eat lunch! There's cake on the refrigerator if you wan--"

Upon hearing this, Sungyeol rushed out of the room and into the kitchen, taking the cake out of the refrigerator.

He, then, took 2 forks and handed one to Soo-ah.

"Let's eat!" he said, eating at the cake tray, not even bothering to get plates.

Sungyeol made coffee for himself and Soo-ah drank the milk out of the carton; the refrigerator door open.

"YA! SOO-AH! You're so unlady like" Sungyeol said, looking disgustingly at his friend.

"What did you say?!  I AM Lady like!" she shouted, slamming the refrigerator door shut.

"Ani!" he disagreed, shaking his head.

Soo ah walked towards Sungyeol, so lady likely. She batted her eyelashes and held up an invisible skirt.

Sungyeol urged not to laugh, observing his "Lady-like" friend.

She walked and walked towards him and he blushed.

He closed his eyes.

"Ya! What the hell? Why are you closing your eyes?"She shouted, turning back to her gangster-choding self.

Sungyeol opened his eyes and pretended to gasp "AH! THE HORROR!"

"Ya!You wanna die?" she threatenly said.

"Not yet!" he said then poked his index finger on the icing, unsuspected by Soo-ah.

"Okay,then" she said turning her heel and walking towards the refrigerator, wanting to drank from the milk carton again when Sungyeol suddenly grabbed her wrist making her turn back.

She turned again and before she could ask "what?" Sungyeol already put icing on her face.

"YA! What was that for?!" she exclaimed.

"For threatening me. Ya, You wanna die?" he mimicked her.

She glared at him then smiled, "REVENGE!"

She got a piece of cake and rubbed it on his face.

Faster than a bullet, the kitchen then became a battle field.

They chased each other with either pieces of cake or icings on their hands.

Here they go again, the usual Soo-ah and Sungyeol.

----

The throwing of the frosting stopped when there was no more cake left, and whoever attacked with the last piece is named victor.

They eyed each other when there's only one piece left & rushed to the cake.

Soo-ah was fast but Sungyeol was faster.

He grabbed the last piece of cake and chased Soo-ah around the kitchen.

"Waaaaaaaaa!" Soo-ah exclaimed when Sungyeol grabbed Soo-ah by the tummy, back hugging her.

"Yaaa! Sungyeol!" Soo ah screamed, closing her eyes and bracing herself from the attack.

She waited for 1...2..3..4..5 ..6..7 seconds, as her heart thumped.

She opened her eyes, dreading for the moment he'll finally let her go but he didn't.

*awkward silence*

She looked up at Sungyeol who was too caught up with the moment that he forgot he's going to attack.

"Psst! Sungyeol ah." she said.

"Bo?" Sungyeol said, startled.

"If you're going to attack me then get on it!" Soo ah said but inside she just really want to embrace him,too.

"Oh,right!" Sungyeol said, then rubbed the piece of cake into Soo-ah's face.

Sungyeol let go of Soo-ah's stomach and cheered "I won!"

He danced merrily infront of her, mocking her.

"I told you I'm not a loser!" Sungyeol said, pointing at Soo-ah, sticking his tongue out, still dancing.

Soo-ah just giggled and then sat on the floor where she was standing.

"That was exhausting!" Soo-ah said, catching her breath.

Sungyeol sat next to her, catching his breath too. 

"But then I proved to you that I'm not a loser!" he said then stuck his tongue out.

They sat beside each other but still they played amongst themselves as if no one wants to give up.

Sungyeol cleaned the pieces of cake out of his face and wiped it onto Soo-ah's face.

"Ya! I call truce already! You won!" she said, tiredly.

"Okay, okay" Sungyeol just said.

They sat at the floor quietly for minutes but then Soo-ah stood up.

"Come on! Let's clean this place up!" She said, offering her hand to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol took it and stood up too.

They cleaned themselves with towels and wiped icings off the room.

'Now's maybe the good time to ask him' Soo ah thought.

She's been hearing rumors about him. They say that Sungyeol likes her. And she wants to clear her mind and shoot him the question before they have any misunderstandings. She wants the answer straight from the horse's mouth.

"Sungyeol shi!" Soo ah yelled as Sungyeol sat on the counter chair, lazily wiping the counter.

"Hmm?" he beamed slightly.

"I have a question.." Soo ah began.

"Shoot!" Sungyeol said.

"You know I don't normally believe in rumors,right?" Soo ah said.

Sungyeol nodded.

"Well.. but this concerns me.. and you,too" she said.

"Then don't believe it.. Don't believe anyone. They're not real facts." Sungyeol explained, looking annoyed.

"But this one's different....." she started, walking towards Sungyeol.

"How different? Come on Soo ah. We haven't got all day! sheez!" Sungyeol said.

She chuckled. "It's nothing, really.. They say YOU like me.. hahaha" she continued her fake laugh.

"Ah.. that!" Sungyeol said,staring down.

"Funny, right?" Soo ah said.

"Hahahaha! Yeah!" Sungyeol said, faking chuckles too.

'Damn people, I want to confess to her properly, not like this!' he thought. 'They also say she likes me back, right? but I don't really want to scar our friendship or worse.. ruin it completely'

"And they say YOU like me! hahahah" Sungyeol faked laughed even more, convincing Soo ah that the thought of that is absurd.

"Hahahaha!" Soo-ah fake laughed too.

They fake laughed with each other, convinced that the rumors were ludicrous.

The fake laughters died when their jaws were pooped from pretend laughing.

'Turns out he doesn't like me,' she thought 'Oh well, At least I got that out of my system although it kinda hurts'

'I don't want to ruin our friendship.. I don't want to confess to her right now' he thought 'but ...'

"What if I do like you?" Sungyeol asked out of nowhere.

"Huh?" Soo ah said. "I don't see a possibility on that 'cause you know.. we're best of friends.. and you know.. it's awkward."

Sungyeol just nodded.

"But who do you like?" Soo ah asked. "We're best friends,right? You can tell me anything. But of course, I WILL tease you."

 

"You..." Sungyeol said quietly but Soo ah still heard him.

'Me?', she thought.

 

"What?" Soo ah asked, wanting to clear things out.

"I mean.. You go first~!" Sungyeol said, scratching the back of his head.

'oh I thought, stop assuming Soo ah!' she thought.

"But I asked you first!" Soo-ah argued.

"Ladies first!" Sungyeol said," Ladies should answer first!"

"We tried that, Sungyeol, but I can never be a lady." She chuckled "You answer!"

"I don't know." Sungyeol said.

"Well then, I don't know,too~" Soo ah said.

"Come on Soo ah, tell me!" Sungyeol begged.

"You tell yours first" Soo ah pouted. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill her"

"SHIRO!" Sungyeol said.

"SHIRO TOO!" Soo ah said.

And they both stormed off. Soo ah to her room, Sungyeol on the back door of her house.

After that they didn't talk to each other.

'I know he doesn't like me but doesn't he trust me?' Soo ah thought.

'Aish! Jinjja! I think I'm gonna die! I don't want us to hurt each other. If she likes me, then shouldn't she tell me? we're friends!! and won't that be a good thing since I like her,too?' Sungyeol thought as he walked out of Soo-ah's house, tearing his hair out of annoyance 'but I never had the guts to tell her what I actually feel! Babo Lee Sungyeol'

---

A week has passed and neither of them called each other, nor have they went to each other's house or even talked to each other.

'Ugh, I miss him' Soo ah thought, blowing her bangs off her face.

'I'm gonna swallow my pride & text him' she thought.

She texted him saying : 

Ya! Sungyeol shi!

She waited for him to reply but he didn't.

She waited for hours, constantly checking her phone but there was no reply from Sungyeol.

"What could've happened to him? Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him for days" She muttered under her breath.

"I'm going to ask Jisoo!" She said.

Jisoo was her friend who knows all the gossips and facts, too. She said she wants to be a reporter and all so she's updated with all the news. She was also the one who told Soo ah that Sungyeol likes her. 

Soo ah called Jisoo.

"Jisoo shi" she started even before Jisoo greeted her.

"Oh, Hi Soo ah!"

"Hmm.. Do you know what happened to Sungyeol?"

"Sungyeol? Kim? Lee? Choi? Moon?" Jisoo started. Yes, she knows almost everyone.

"The Sungyeol I know!" Soo ah shouted to the receiver. "I don't even know the other people you mentioned"

"Ah.. let's see.. A friend of my friend told my friend that he had an accident. He said something about a coma." Jisoo said casually.

"BO?! WHAT HAPPENED?" Soo ah screamed, worrying.

"I don't know." Jisoo replied.

"I thought you knew everything!" Soo ah yelled then hang up the phone.

"Injured? Sungyeol? That cannot be!" She told herself.

She paced around her room, thinking of a clever way to handle this. There's a blizzard outside, if she goes out and went to Sungyeol's house, she doesn't know what'll happen. But she wants to know if He's safe.. To refute the rumor.. to prove everyone wrong.

She then ran from her room and grabbed the most comfortable jacket she owns.

"Mom! I'm going!" she shouted as her Mom washes the dishes.

She ran out the house as fast as she could, not hearing her mother said "Hey young lady there's a blizzard outside! You comeback here!"

She ran-walk to Sungyeol's house that's in the end of the town. There were no taxis around or any vehicles because of the blizzard.

'I just want to know..' she thought, rubbing her hands together.

*achhooooo*

' i caught a cold'

She finally entered Sungyeol's apartment and knocked at the door.

Sungyeol's mom opened the door.

"Oh hi Soo ah!" Sungyeol's mom greeted.

Soo ah bowed and looked around the living room.

*achoooo*

"Oh! You caught a cold, Wait a minute,sweetie, I'll fix you a coffee" Mrs. Lee said, going to the kitchen. "You can sit at the couch"

Soo ah sat on the couch as her eyes travelled around the room.

'Where is Sungyeol? Isn't he supposed to be playing here at the living room?'  She thought.

After a while, Sungyeol's mom returned with a cup of coffee.

"Thank you, Mrs. Lee" Soo ah bowed, but didn't take the coffee. "Where's Sungyeol?"

"In his room" Sungyeol's mom said.

"Can I go there?" She asked.

"Oh, okay.." His mom just said.

She took the coffee from the table and decided to take it with her at Sungyeol's room. 

'Coffee is his favorite.. That's the reason why he's always jumpy. Now that I think about it, I've never seen him sleep before with all the coffee he always drinks' she thought.

She sneakily entered Sungyeol's room and found Sungyeol lying on the center of his bed.

*achooo*

'Is he.. ' she thought but scratched that thought off her head.

She stood at the left side of his bed, contemplating.

"Ya!! Lee Sungyeol ah!" she said as tears suddenly ran through her cheek.

She misses saying that, she misses him.

*achooo*

She sneezed once again then placed the coffee on Sungyeol's bedside table.

She partly sat on his king sized bed, reaching her index finger to the bottom of his nose to check his breathing.

Soo ah sighed when she confirmed that he's breathing normally.

She was about to withdraw her hand from his face when it moved upward. Sungyeol softly bit Soo ah's finger and his lips curved into a smile.

"Ya! Lee Sungyeol! Why did you do that?!" Soo ah yelled, shaking her finger.

Sungyeol opened his eyes, noticing Soo ah's swollen ones.

He sat up his bed. "Ya! You're so noisy! I want to sleep!"

"But I thought..." Soo ah started but then Sungyeol cutted her off by backhugging her.

"Ya! Sungyeol ah!" she yelled.

"Shhh!" he silenced her.

"But I thought...  Rumor has it that you had an accident" Soo ah explained under her breath.

Sungyeol whispered into Soo ah's ear "I told you don't believe in rumors, right?"

'So that means he really doesn't like me' she thought.

 

 

"except for the one we fought about  last week.." Sungyeol said as if he read her thoughts.

 

 

*achooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo* 

 

Soo ah sneezed, covering with her hand, totally ruining the moment.

 

 

Sungyeol lost grip of her and just lied on his bed again.

"Excuse me!" Soo ah said, shaking her head in embarassment.

 

Sungyeol giggled "Ya! Kim Soo ah!"

 

'Kyaa~ I'm so disgusting' she thought to herself. Her first time to be insecured of herself.

 

"I'm going back to sleep" Sungyeol said.

"Okay..." Soo ah said, standing up and checked the windows.

'Ugh.. Snow is everywhere... How am I supposed to go home?' She thought.

*Achooooooo*

'damn cold' she thought.

She sat at the swivel chair near Sungyeol's bed, looking at him then decided to pace around the room, still feeling cold.

*achoooooooooooooooooooooo*

She went to the bedside table then took the coffee Sungyeol's mom gave her a while ago but it's already cold.

*achooooooooooooooooooooo*

"Just lie here already! I can't sleep, you're too noisy!" Sungyeol said rolling to the left side of his bed, making room for Soo ah. 

"No way!" Soo ah protested. She sat at the floor, her back against the wall.

She rubbed her fingers then placed it on her cheeks.

"Don't be stubborn! You will die there!" Sungyeol said.

"I'd rather die!"

"It's up to you, my offer will expire in 5...

 

4...

 

3...

 

2..."

 

Soo ah rushed and got under the covers, but lying as far from Sungyeol as possible.

"I'll just sleep here until the blizzard's out! Don't you ever think of touching me!" she threatened.

"As if!" Sungyeol said, closing his eyes.

Soo ah lied on the cliff of Sungyeol's right part of the bed fitfully, turning to Sungyeol then turning from Sungyeol.

Sungyeol, on the other hand, was lying on his back.

She turned to Sungyeol.

"Wow.. He really looks dead when he's sleeping" she whispered under her breath.

"I heard that" Sungyeol said.

"YA! I thought you're sleepy?" 

"Don't move around! I can't sleep!"

"Okay"

She tried to not move around often but failed. Soo ah was worried for Sungyeol for no apparent reason.

Soo ah then again attempted to stretched out her finger to the bottom of Sungyeol's nose to assure he's breathing.

"Want me to bite that again?" Sungyeol threatened Soo ah, but his eyes were still close.

Soo ah withdrew her hand before Sungyeol can bite it, and turned to the opposite direction.

"Ya! Want to assure whether I'm really breathing or not?" Sungyeol asked.

Soo ah turned to him. "Bo? It's just that I want to wake up to a dead body.."

"Silly" Sungyeol said.

Sungyeol pulled Soo ah over, placing her head onto his chest.

 

 

"Here" he said, his hand supporting Soo ah's head.

 

"You can check my heart beat"

 

 

 

 

Soo ah flinched.

"You are greasy" she just said but didn't dare move away.

"Soo ah.." Sungyeol said.

"Hmm?" Soo ah asked.

"We're bestfriends, right?"

'Ugh.. am I gonna confess now? Aish! It's now or never!' Sungyeol thought.

"Yes, we are"

"You know I love coffee right?" Sungyeol said.

'Why is he saying this?' Soo ah thought.

"Yes, you're addicted to it alright"

"You know why?" 

"No, not really"

"Because I want to spend every moment possible awake.." he said.

 

"But why are you sleeping now?" she asked.

 

 

 

Sungyeol bent closer to Soo ah's ears; and whispered "'cause I know when I wake up, I'll be seeing you" 

She did not respond but instead she returned his embrace, thinking of how warm it feels when she's with him, and then realizing.

"My cold's gone"

 

----

END

Kyaa~~ I feel like I'm the cheesiest girl that has lived in this planet. Feedbacks? Comments? Suggestions? 

Sorry if it's a bit of a cliff hanger 'cause I'm new to writing fics.. One shot fics to be exact so pardon me~ ^^

D-10

Thank you for reading :) 
Back to writing this~ ♥ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/184077/found-love-in-a-jpeg-file-comedy-infinite-korean-myungsoo-you

Scenario based on this fact: 

Myungsoo says that he’s (Sungyeol) also very sensitive to sounds when he sleeps. (Myungsoo sleeps on the top bunk and Sungyeol on the bottom) So when he uses the stairs he has to be extra careful because even the smallest sound wakes him up.

Even the sounds Myungsoo and Dongwoo make when they move/turn around in their beds are too loud, so Sungyeol has told them before “Please do me a favor and don’t move around.”

(Thank you Infinitefacts @ tumblr ☻ ♥)