Sweet Girl No More

Not Who I Used To Be...

"Yah, Jiyeon!" Jin Woon went after her. She stopped walking and faced him. Looking at her, he was mesmerized to see Jiyeon in a new light. The girl Jiyeon had finally blossomed into a beautiful lady. However, she suddenly changed.

"What do you want, Oppa?" She coldly asked.

"Jiyeon..it..it's so not like you...you've changed..."

"Wae? Byeonhwa jalmoshinga? (Why? Is change wrong?)" Jiyeon asked Jin Woon as she got her cellphone from her bag. She clicked the answer button.

"Yobeoseyo..Seung Ho-ah? Aish, jjinja? How come I didn't know about that? Math starts at 1PM instead? Arrasseo, I'll get going," She said as she ran going to the classroom, leaving Jin Woon outside the cafeteria door.

 

***

It was already six in the evening when classes ended. Seung Ho and Jiyeon decided to eat at a chicken shop just outside the school. The place was bustling with people, but the waitresses were still able to get everybody's orders. The friends sat in a place near the counter. They were discussing about the bus fare that will increase by 2500 won a few weeks from now. Seung Ho didn't like the idea,and neither did Jiyeon.

"Aish, I guess I should just move to a new dormitory around this area. I don't think I could keep up with that price!"

"Jiyeon-ah, the dormitories around here are expensive too: the food, electricity, everything. I suggest you just keep your old dormitory. It wouldn't hurt if you pay that much for a bus fare than not paying the bus fare but you pay expensive for everything else," Seung Ho pointed his chopsticks to Jiyeon as he chewed his food.

"Yah, that's bad manners to talk while your mouth is full. And don't point your chopsticks at me," Jiyeon nonchalantly said.

A few tables away from them sat Leeteuk, Heechul and Jin Woon.

"Jin Woon-ah, look, your friend's over there with her boyfriend," Heechul pointed to the table near the counter. HEaring the word 'boyfriend', Jin Woon instantly turned his head to Jiyeon and Seung Ho's direction.

"Yah, that...that kid..he was her classmate back then in middleschool."

Suddenly, the image of Seung Ho hugging Jiyeon flashed back to his mind. Could it be that..they're currently dating?

After a few minutes, they saw Seung Ho wave goodbye to Jiyeon. She was smiling as she waved goodbye too before resuming eating while reading   her textbook.

"Jin Woon-ah, go talk to her. Namja's gone. You have your chance!" Lee Teuk encouraged Jin Woon.

"Andwe. I'd better let her finish her meal before I talk to her."

***

Jiyeon paid for her meal and started to exit the shop. She looked at her watch. By this time of the day, people are rushing to go home. As Jiyeon still had many things to study, she decided to go home right away.

"Yah, Jiyeon!" Jin Woon called. Jiyeon bit her lower lip and turned to Jin Woon.

"Aren't you tired chasing me?" she sarcastically asked.

"Jiyeon-ah.."

"Mianhe, Oppa, I still have a lot to study. I really need to go home now." Jiyeon replied as she turned her back on her seonbae.

"Jiyeon, why are you being like this? I feel like I don't know you anymore..."

"Oppa," she answered without facing him. Don't act like you know me, because you never knew me at all." And she went her way.

Jin Woon sighed as he got his wallet and took the note that was tuck inside the book three years ago. He looked at the note again and looked at the source of the note. Her love did die when he left, and now, she was cold to him. He pressed the note to his lips.

Jiyeon, I thought you'd be happy to see me as I was happy to see you. But why did it turn out to be this way? Why am I hurting? COuld it be..could it be that...I've already fallen for you?