Time Flies in the Blink of an Eye

Not Who I Used To Be...

Three years had passed. Jiyeon had spent her high school life in Busan as her mom was also wanting her to come home too. That meant that IU was without a bestfriend for 3 years. However, whenever given the chance, both girls would catch up with the time they both lost. And with that catching up, Jin Woon was never a part of the conversation.

One day, Jiyeon happened to come visit IU's house again. She brought along with her a friend. Her name was Suzy. She became Jiyeon's bestfriend in highschool and Jiyeon wanted to introduce Suzy to IU's family. Of course, IU, Mr and Mrs Lee had missed Jiyeon so much that they were happy to see Suzy too.

"Suzy's going to Dankook University to take up Business Administration," revealed Jiyeon. IU's eyes widened.

"Jjinja? Omo! It means we're going to be classmates, Suzy-ah!"

"O, you're going to Dankook too?" Suzy was excited. She had liked Jiyeon, and now, she was going to be bestfriends with Jiyeon's bestfriend.

"Ne! I'm taking up Business Ad too! I just enrolled last week!"

Suzy's excitement couldn't be concealed. Both she and IU jumped like kids, giddy that they'r not going to be strangers when they go to college. Jiyeon smiled at her friends.

"O, Jiyeon-ah, where will you be studying?" Mrs Lee asked as she ushered Jiyeon inside the house.

"I haven't decided yet...I don't know..." she smiled. She was so embarrassed to tell them that she still nad no plans where to go to college.

"Well, take your time. It's a decision you have to really think about properly." Mr Lee said.

***

Jiyeon had just finished enrolling at the Dongguk University where she's taking up Education along with former classmate Yoo Seung Ho. They parted ways after they completed the enrollment process, exchanging cellphone numbers (Seung Ho changed his number after his old cellphone got lost) before they left.

Jiyeon was so happy to finally enroll. She wanted to teach, especially become a teacher in grade school or even in prep school. She sighed as she looked up the building's edifice. It's so good to be back in Seuol, she thought. And with Seong Ho around, she felt like she had found a long-lost friend she never had the chance to get to know well in middle school.

***

First day of classes: Seung Ho was waiting for Jiyeon at the lobby.

"Annyeong, Jiyeon-ah. It's really good to see you after a long time. We thought you'd never show up in highschool."

"Ah, I went home to Busan..well...I haven't been home for ages and I missed my eomma. Gaja. Classes will start in 30 minutes," Jiyeon said as she got her schedule from her bag. Both friends went directly to their classrooms. They chose a a place in the second row in the middle of the classroom. Seung Ho liked this place in the classroom since he claimed he can learn more than if he's seated at the back or on the sides near the window. He called them distractions. Jiyeon laughed and complied with his friend's sitting arrangement.

***

When the three morning subjects recessed, it was lunch time. Their next class would not be till 230PM. As Seung Ho lived near the school, he decided to go home for luch. Jiyeon was left alone, eating lunch at the school's ritzy cafeteria. 

She was about to return to her seat when two guys cornered her.

"Hey, are you a freshman?"

"Ne..wae?" was Jiyeon's cold tone of answering. The guys scoffed at her unfriendly demeanor.

"Yah, you're still new here and you're already that arrogant?"

"I don't have time to deal with strangers," Jiyeon said as she began to eat her lunch. She was shocked when the bishonen / ikemen looking guy held her hand like he could twist it.

"Apa! Let go!" Jiyeon demanded.

"Strangers? We won't be now. By the way, I'm Heechul ,and this here is Leeteuk. There, so we're not strangers-aaahhhhhhhppppaaaa!!!!"

Heechul winced in pain as Jiyeon was able to take the upperhand and twisted his arm.

"You are one strong gal!" Leeteuk commented.

"Mess with me again, and you'll get broken bones and balls!" Jiyeon said as she still held Heechul's hand.

"Yah, Hyung, what are you doing messing around with girls!" Someone shouted. He was coming near the table.

"Aish, this girl is like a wrestler! I feel like I need to go to the doctor!" Heechul complained.

The guy then went to them and asked the girl.

"Gwaencha--Jiyeon?"

Jiyeon unheld Heechul's hand as she herself was caught in a surprise.

"Ji..Jin Woon Oppa?"

"You two knew each other?" Leeteuk asked as he pointed a finger to them two. Jin Woon happily said yes, but Jiyeon didn't answer.

"Jiyeon-ah, how are you? It's been a while, like 3 years? I didn't know you were studying here!" was Jin Woon's happy greeting. But Jiyeon just gave a wan and cold smile.

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Oppa." She finally managed to greet him.

"Aish, this is no fun! I thought I could get to pick on new girls today!" Heechul said as he scratched his head.

Jiyeon looked at to him nad cocked her head. "Geurae? Pick on girls? For fun? What a detestable character you are," Jiyeon said as she got her bag and began to exit the cafeteria. Jin Woon was suddenly confused at the sudden change in Jiyeon. Was that really Jiyeon?

"Jiyeon, wait!" and he ran after her.