3

The elephant

The biggest motivation to finally translante it was public-nuisance's brithday^^ so it's mostly for you~

 

> OK, I can add that listeing to PARADISE always remind me of this story, this AU and 2min in general and it's just so perfect to think about them^^ don't pay attention to the text, just music.

 

 

 

 

Winter.

 

Sometimes, while reading some historical book, Taemin felt ashamed of himself. Mostly because of the amount of historical errors he made everytime he was creating his tale- but did it really matter? No, not at all. It didn’t matter he was a men, his nativity, the number of kilometres parting the place of his actual birth form India and other things. It was just a  t a l e.

 

He placed the bookmark printed with elephants between the pages of his current lecture and decided to take a break. He stretched himself, for a minute keeping hands in the air. He moved them in slow, characteristic dance. After a while of watching his shadow doing that dance, he gave up and put down his arms. Once he wanted to learn the belly dance, but he knew it wouldn’t be as awesome as it would be if he was a woman with round hips. Well, some things were out of his reach, even for an excellent dreamer as him.

 

Minute later he was walking slowly through the corridor full of beautiful paintings of nature and exotic threes. His beloved was probably sleeping in their Afternoon living room, with the cup of horrible tea made by Taemin himself. Minho had a lot of work lately, that’s why Taemin decided not to disturb him (even, if he was declaring that Taemin curled up like a big cat next to him was no bother). He was wrong anyway- Minho lay on the couch, with book on his chest, awake.

 

“Would it bother you if you were a half-British man?” Taemin asked, sitting on his men’s hips.

 

Minho only raised his brows, changing his position so Taemin could comfortably straddle him. But the younger ignored that proposition and just lay on him, placing his head on his chest. A big hand caressed and starched his back in little teasingly way.

 

“A Korean man in England in XIX century” He said finally, blowing the air in copper hair so it wouldn’t tickle his chin “And what’s exactly about that?”

 

“Your stepfather was invited to “The pearl of the British Crown” Taemin spoke, didn’t even caring to pull himself up and tell the story properly, it was too good in those arms “To be more concrete, to the palace where…there would be me…maybe as servant or something? You could be a solider, though~”

 

“I should have known I will get to be” Minho signed, rolling his eyes.

 

In this world, Taemin was a pretty eastern doll in the Indian palace, Minho was the adopted son of some British man- because the British accent was indeed y, even if Taemin himself didn’t speak English at all. But their mutual fascination, the stares of hungry eyes, the orange light everywhere, strange flora and the tigers sleeping inside the palace, on fabulous carpets and pillows. Everything made no sense, but how beautiful it was! Maybe it was the plot for a book..? He could just fix the names and…

 

“Tsk, I just like men in uniforms from past century” Taemin explained, closing his eyes.

 

 

Year and one new family member later. Summer.

 

Taemin held his son between his legs, watching the reaction on the small, round face. The boy touched and pinched the fabric of his elephant T-shirt, literally abusing the big animal. Yoogeun was indeed fascinated with that thing, as much as he was in the big elephant painting in the kitchen. Taemin smiled tenderly and touched the small fist that was clenched on his shirt. The kid didn’t mind- he just pulled the fabric harder and took it into his mouth, salivating it all over. Proud of himself, he told ‘umma’ about something.

 

“Of course, we will feed him with apple” Taemin agreed, playing with the boy’s fist “Shall we give an elephant an apple? Won’t you torture him like you did with Tiger?”

 

Their cat had lost all his trust for their baby after he pulled his tail roughly and tried to crush him under a big, red pillow. Well, Choi Yoogeun was a truly elephant lover, but other animals weren’t in his interest, at least when it was about caring for them. Taemin was frustrated a bit with the necessity of keeping his precious cat away from baby. And he thought they will play like a small prince and his tiger!

 

“Baby, that suitcase guy is here again” Minho said, standing in the entrance to nursery.

 

“Appa!” Yoogeun yelled, losing his interest in the elephant and other appa.

 

Taemin rolled his eyes, getting up from the floor after making sure Yoogeun is safe. Minho looked at him questioningly, but Taemin only shook his head and messaged his neck. Since about a month some people had started visiting them, asking if they could ‘spend a night in that beautiful palace, or even more than night, to just take a look of the inside, why do they live here alone, how much does the palace cost”. Of course neither Minho nor Taemin were going to sell their home, that’s why those visits were annoying. And that guy was here again, for the third time!

 

Taemin went downstairs, fixing his messy hair and tightening his ponytail. He was dressed almost the same as then, when they were sitting on the street curb, planning this everything. How much time passed?

 

“Good morning, Mr Choi” The guy started when Taemin appeared in the door, barefoot and with slight frown on his face.

 

“Not yet. Mr Lee” He corrected him, but felt somehow nice, hearing this stupid mistake.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, Mr Lee” The guy said, placing his right hand on his heart and apologizing “ I have a proposition for you, just don’t be afraid- it’s not about buying your house. Shall we go inside?”

 

 

Spring.

 

In the spring the idea about keeping something like a ‘agro tourism’ was living its own life, it just already existed in their minds. They decided there wouldn’t be any cooking for guests, since neither of them can cook Hindu things (well, the only thing that Taemin could actually cook at all was the rice with vegetables or a rice pudding). Minho was better, but he still did not want to spend his free time with pots and all. It was undisputable.

 

It was supposed to look like that: guests will own the left wing of the house, with walls mostly covered in less expensive wallpapers, so the couple still owned more precious and beautiful part for themselves- the one with paintings and the elephant. They did it mostly because the right wing was not only more beautiful, but also there was their first bedroom, when they made love to ‘christen it’ and Yoogeun’s room, with beautiful tigers painted on one of walls. It would be pity to lost it. Also, the bathroom was separate (thank good, there were two bathrooms in the house, else it would be a hell.

 

“I don’t want to call it ‘an agro tourism”, it’s too big and serious word for that” Taemin said, placing his sunglasses over his head “How can we…?”

 

“I guess that the idea of ranting that kind of house is somehow fresh, so I can’t find a good word yet” The adviser said, drinking a sip form his cappuccino “You can earn a lot of money from people like you, who want to spend a night in place like that, or play in your huge, scary garden…that I almost got lost in, though”

 

Taemin chuckled, remembering that incident. It was funny that their innocent looking garden was so big and mysterious in reality and despite that Yoogeun never got lost there like the adult adviser did. That elegant man in the suit just went for a walk, to check if it’s good enough to show it to the future clients and after a fifteen minutes of waiting, they found him clenching on some sculpture.

 

“You need to build a wall that will separate you with the guests’ wing. It’s not the problem, the house is big enough”

 

“Oh no, it would disturb the energy and all. I thought about some elegant screen”

 

 

The summer later.

 

Minho placed his sport bag in the hallway, feeling the familiar scent of incenses. Maybe Yoogeun made umma smoke the orange ones again, the little one started to be addicted to their scent. Minho smiled lightly at the thought of their weird things that his son used to or like and kicked the bag nearer the wall. Climbing up the stairs, he heard some noise from the guest’s wing- well, that marriage was indeed ‘full of energy”.

 

Anyway, he was grateful they weren’t weirdoes like that guy form the last two weeks, how owned a real monkey. The monkey liked to go on the roof, then maybe go to couple’s part of house, enter through the bathroom open window and scare Taemin to death. Thanks God, Taemin wasn’t a woman and he didn’t start screaming. Minho smiled even wider, remembering that time- and with a big smile he entered their bedroom.

 

“Huh?”

 

Taemin turned around, with the beautiful fabric on his head. He had the silky red robe on for the first time, the golden thin nits creating some shapes and running through the whole thing. The younger one smiled at Minho’s surprise and covered his face with fabric, eyes were the only thing that left uncovered. Minho hoped Taemin knew what he was doing and he already tucked Yoogeun to sleep that they could play their game. At least he hoped it was a game he thought about.

 

“I feel like an idiot” Taemin confessed, breaking the spell of magical mood and his eyes big and dark in the poor light.

 

“You look stunning” Minho disagreed, touching his lips with a thumb thought the material “It just suits you, that’s crazy.“

 

Taemin signed, approaching him and placing his bare feet on Minho’s covered ones in a childish way. Then he smiled and hugged him, resting his head on his board shoulder Even if Minho expected a kiss, he just smiled and embraced him, guessing that his baby was just too tried with all the studying (the books were all around) to play. The older one understood, so he just kissed the top of his head. Princess needed some sleep now.

 

 

End.