Mixed Emotions in Mixed CDs

How I Show You That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Leeteuk let out a happy sigh of relief as he looked at the progress flashing on the screen of his laptop. Around his tables, CDs and cases were scattered; his printer brought to life and was now producing colourful images and text on paper. It had been a while since had done this particular task especially with the fast progress of technology but he couldn’t help but miss somehow miss it.

It reminded him of how life was once simple.

“What are you doing?”

Leeteuk looked up from his desk to find Heechul walking into the office. “I’m burning songs into CDs.”

He blinked. “Burning songs?”

“Yeah, I’m putting songs into CDs.” The older man nodded slowly. “You know that thing people in generally did to listen to different kinds of music before the iPod existed?”

                Heechul pursed his lips into a thin line, silently watching as Leeteuk went back to work. Sometimes, Leeteuk tended to forget that he was his best friend and therefore, he knew him more than anyone else did. It seemed like what Leeteuk was doing was harmless and just plain uninteresting. But Heechul knew more than that.

“Are you sure about what you’re doing?”

“What do you mean?” A confused look crossed Leeteuk’s face. “I know it’s been a while since I did this but I think that–”

“That’s not what I meant.” Heechul interrupted him; a knowing look on his face. “Is this really the right thing to do given everything that has happened and that can possibly happen?”

“Heechul…”

He folded his arms over his chest. “Have you forgotten that I know?”

                The smile on Leeteuk’s face disappeared; replaced by somber look mixed with a myriad of another emotions that Heechul had a hard time naming. Leeteuk let out another sigh; this time one that was far from happy and excited. There was so much he wanted to say but he knew he couldn’t. It was clear as day that Heechul didn’t understand yet, for now, that wasn’t really important.

“It’s the only way.”

Heechul let out a shaky breath. “Why are you still doing this?”

He shot him a pointed look. “You should know, right? You said you do.”

“You’re a loyal person, hyung. I know that has and will never change.” A moment of silence passed. “But you have a feelings too and she isn’t hard to fall in love with at all.”

o-o-o-o-o

All stories and gossip that Jessica had at the tip of her tongue disappeared when she caught sight of the tall stack on her best friend’s table. “What are those?”

“Mixed CDs.” Sooyoung replied without taking her eyes off on them.

“As in different kinds of songs burned into a CD and all that?” The older woman arched an eyebrow. “I didn’t know people still do that these days.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter