Lucky

Super Generation Song Fics

Do you hear me?

I'm talking to you

Across the water

Across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky

Oh my, Baby I'm trying

 

Sungmin was staying in his town of Seoul, South Korea. He felt lonely without his best friend, Sunny, beside him. He and her have been best friends for the longest time. They've never been apart, until this time when Sunny's family decided to take a world trip. He felt empty without her with him. At the park, Sungmin took his guitar with him. He began playing under a big tree that he and Sunny had picnics by. He wished his best friend was next to him, laughing and smiling. So he played her favorite song.

"Do you hear me playing this for you Sunny?" he asked, looking to the sky. "I'm singing this song for you, Sunny. Even if you're overseas. But we're underneath the same sky."

Sungmin closed his eyes and kept hearing Sunny's voice in his head. The way she talked, laughed, and sung. It was music to his ears to hear his best friend in his head.

 

Boy, I hear you

In my dreams

I feel your whisper

Across the sea

I keep you with me

In my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

 

 Sunny was in the United States, taking a world trip with her parents. At this point, it was night time and Sunny was getting herself ready for bed. She tucked herself under the hotel covers and turned out the light. She wasn't used to the huge time change. She went backwards in time. She then looked towards her phone that sat on the bedside and she stared at the background. It was her and her best friend, Sungmin. Sunny then felt something and she rose herself from her bed and walked towards the balcony. She stared into the night sky.

"Sungmin, why do I hear you in my dreams every night?" Sunny asked to the night sky. "It's like you're whispering to me from across the sea." She then looked down at her hands that rested on the balcony. "You're with me in my heart. Life is tough, but you always make it easier for me."

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

 

 Sungmin kept playing and he was always thinking of Sunny through each song. He felt as if it were a sign from his feelings. He felt lucky to have a best friend like Sunny and he could have no one else take her place. He's happy to always have someone like her to go to when he needs someone. He calls it love.

 

They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Everytime we want to say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you

I promise you, I will

 

 Sunny looked out to the sky again and remembered her friends.

 

~Flashback~

Sunny and Sungmin were sitting under their usual spot for a picnic. They were enjoying the weather and Sungmin was playing his guitar for her.

Sunny then saw her friends running up to her.

"Sunny! Sunny!"

"Annyeong Yuri and Yoona!"

Yoona and Yuri then whispered to each other and giggled.

"Bwoh?" Sunny wondered.

"Aniyo." Yuri laughed.

"Waeyo?"

Yoona just said, "Just go out you two already!"

Sungmin and Sunny looked at each other then turned away so they didn't see each other blush.

~End of Flashback~

 

Sunny just sighed and said to the sky, "Sungmin Oppa~, they don't know how long it takes for someone to fall in love. I wish I had a day to spend with you to kiss you goodbye. I hope you wait for me."

 

Sungmin was looking to the sky as if someone was calling him. "I'm waiting for you Sunny. I promise to wait for you."

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

 

 Sunny was now in thought. She heard Sungmin playing his guitar in her head. She loved the way he always played songs she liked. She only wished she was with him, hearing his music. She's happy to be where she is, but hopes to go home sooner. Sunny felt the connection whenever she was with Sungmin. She didn't know what to call it, but she thought it was love.

 

Lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday

 

 Sungmin looked back on the memories of him and Sunny together. Remembering her smile and the way she looked at him. He always saw the love in her bright eyes that captured him every time. He liked the way her eyes were like love to him. Sungmin only hoped for her to come back soon.

 

And so I'm sailing through the sea

To an island where we'll meet

You'll hear the music in the air

I'll put a flower in your hair

 

 Sungmin only thought about seeing Sunny when she comes back. He thought of it sweetly as he played her favorite song on his guitar.

 

~Dream~

Sungmin waited at the gate of Sunny's arrival of her plane. He actually went to her next visit of a new country. He wanted to surprise her. His impatient hands began to shake at his sides as he was happy to hopefully see his best friend.

There she was. Coming down the way with her happy smile. She never knew about him being there. She looked up and froze.

Sungmin had his usual boyish smile. He opened his arms out for a hug.

Sunny smiled wide and ran to him. She jumped in his arms to embrace his hug.

Sungmin took the flower he was holding and put it in her hair. He took the beauty of her in his mind. "I always felt that you heard my music."

Sunny nodded with a blush, "Of course I did. I never stopped hearing it."

~End of Dream~

 

Though the breezes through the trees

Move so pretty

You're all I see

As the world keeps spinning round

You hold me right here right now

 

 It was the next day.

Sunny decided to take a walk on the beach of California. She walked barefooted on the white sand and stared out to the ocean. She then went to the shoreline and felt the water come upon her feet. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of the cold rush of water.

Then a breeze traveled through her hair. She opened her eyes and saw the breeze swish through the leaves of the palm trees. "So pretty."

She then saw Sungmin's face in her mind. She also heard his laugh and his singing. She only wished she was in his arms.

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

 

 Sunny then walked along the shoreline, thinking about the times of her and Sungmin. She also thought about what her friends said about them. They told her that they should just go out and stop flirting. Sunny blushed at the thought of it. She really never thought about going out with him. He was just her best friend. But now she thought if there was really more to that.

"Do I really love Sungmin as more than a friend?" she asked herself. "I do love him. But am I in love with him?"

Sunny then thought about all the times that she and Sungmin had together. They never had anything more than flirting and blushing. It was all in her head. But now that she thought about it more and more, she had a strange feeling.

"Is this love?" Sunny asked again.

A voice in her head told her that it was. Her heart was telling her the same thing. She was in love with her best friend.

Sunny took out her phone and sent a text. She then put it down and smiled to the sky. "I'm in love with my best friend."

 

Lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday

 

Sungmin casually played his guitar. He loved the sound and calmness it made him feel.

Then he remembered all the fun times him and Sunny had together. It made his heart smile inside. His heart was telling him something about his feelings. It was saying he was in love.

Sungmin felt strange about the words of in love. But he can't describe it any other way. "Am I really in love?"

"Yes."

He heard his heart tell him. It was true. He was in love with his best friend. He just couldn't think of how it could be. No matter what happened between him and Sunny, he had always been in love with her from the start.

His phone then received a message. He looked and smiled to see who it was from.

 

New Text Message

Sunny Bunny <3

>View Now

>View Later

 

He viewed his newest text and was surprised to see it.

 

From: Sunny Bunny <3

Saranghae~ <3

 

Sungmin blinked a few times to make sure he was seeing the text message right. He then stared at it and sighed with relief. "She loves me." He smiled. "She loves me." He then replied with the same message to let her know that he returns the feelings. He truely loved her and will always love her in every way. He just couldn't wait for her to come home now. He felt lucky to have a best friend like her.

 

Sunny then received a text back after some time.

 

From: Sungminnie <3

Sunny, saranghae~ forever and always~ Hwaiting~ <3

 

Sunny smiled and felt her heart thumping inside. She was for sure happy to hear his reply. She now knew that her feelings were true. She did love him so much. In every way, she loved him. She couldn't wait to return home and be back with him in his embrace. She looked to the sky and smiled.

"I'm in love with my best friend. Saranghae Sungmin. I'm so lucky to have you."

She blew a kiss to the sky.

 

~

'Lucky' - Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat