Chapter 1 - Moments Of Sadness

My Only Wish

Chapter 1 - Moments Of Sadness

 

Kyuhyun have always been hiding his true self. Everyone had judged him for being so smart or so called ‘nerdy’. So he changes himself so that no one will judge him again. Everyone including his parents compares him to his older brother. He hates it but acts like he doesn’t care. At home, he is always sad because there is always something wrong. Either his dad and step mom are arguing or when his step mom is being mean to him. This is the kind of drama that happens in Kyuhyun’s house. His overpowering step mom is always complaining how he does nothing. He is tired of all the complaints but doesn’t know how to react. Every day, he bottles up everything inside, afraid of being judged and compared, tired of all the drama and complaints.

‘Why can’t life be any easier?!’ This is the thought that always comes up in Kyuhyun’s head because even though he is one of the most popular guys at school, that doesn’t exclude him from having a hard life. The only people he trusts are his grandparents, his older brother, Leeteuk and his best friend, Sungmin. Kyuhyun went through a lot of things when he was young. His parents got divorced when he was 5 years old and mom blames him for it. But then 2 years later, he finds out that his mother had died in a car accident. The police reported that his mom was drunk and was driving 130mph. The car had hit and electrical post and the car exploded a few minutes later. At school, he was always bullied because he was the ‘smartest’ in the class. Almost every single day, he would go home full of bruises and blood. His dad was never home whenever these incidents occur, so his older brother, Leeteuk and Sungmin was the only ones that were able to help him out.

He didn’t hate his older brother, Leeteuk, he just hated compared to him. Leeteuk knows this and tries his best to understand Kyuhyun. Leeteuk takes good care of him because their moms couldn’t. Although, they aren’t fully blood related, they didn’t hate each other at all. In fact they are known as the school’s best brothers and Kyuhyun is very proud of that. But then one day, Kyuhyun shed more tears than when his parent divorced, when his mom died or when came bruised or full of blood…

His brother, Leeteuk got into a car accident along with 2 other friends. It wasn’t their fault though, it was a truck driver. The accident was so horrible that Leeteuk had to stay in the hospital for 2 months and was unconscious for a whole week. As Leeteuk’s brother, Kyuhyun went to visit him almost every day, when he had the time. He cried but no one else saw except for Sungmin. To Kyuhyun, these things were not as bad. But then something terrible happened.

When his grandparents died, he went under such a great depression that he wouldn’t come out of his room for a week. The only ones who were able to see him and bring him food were Leeteuk and Sungmin. They sincerely comforted him because they knew that he was so attached to his grandparents.

 

**FlashBack**

“Here Kyuhyunie,” Sungmin started softly. “Your grandparents wanted me to give this to you after they…” Sungmin had tried to say but Kyuhyun looked away. Instead, Sungmin kept quiet and handed him the note. Kyuhyun hesitated to take it but eventually took the note, unfolded it and started to read.

 

 

As Kyuhyun read the note, more and more tears continued to flow down from his eyes. Sungmin pulled him closer and hugged him tight for comfort.

            “They left me Minnie...” Kyuhyun said in between sobs. Sungmin rubbed his back as he shook his head.

            “Hushh… shh… Kyuhyunie, they might have left you physically,” Sungmin started. “But they would still remain in your heart as long as you remember the good times you had with them.” Sungmin finished. He stood up to get water when Kyuhyun stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

            “Minnie, don’t leave me too, please… You won’t leave me right?” Kyuhyun asked desperately. Sungmin looked at him, full of concern.

            “I won’t Kyuhyunie. Don’t worry.” Sungmin said. “At least until you has found real happiness…” Sungmin mumbled only for his ear to hear and with that he left the room. Kyuhyun sat on his bed, letting his tears fall down as he clutches the note; holding it tight. The door suddenly opened, revealing Sungmin carrying a glass of water. He handed it to Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun drank it all.

            “You should take a rest Kyuhyunie…” Sungmin said softly. Kyuhyun nodded and went to bed.

            “Thanks Minnie…” Kyuhyun murmured as he drifted off to sleep. Sungmin only smiled at Kyuhyun’s words. Sungmin sang a song to calm Kyuhyun down.

**End Of FlashBack**

 

The sun rays shone through Kyuhyun’s open window. Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes and groaned at the sudden brightness.

            “Wake up, SleepyKyu~” a voice sang. Kyuhyun yawned, opened his eyes to see a cheerful Sungmin looking down at him. Kyuhyun have always wondered how Sungmin can smile so brightly when he went through some hard times himself.

            “Come on, Kyu! We’re going to be late!” Sungmin nagged as he shook the other. Kyuhyun groaned but got off the bed anyways. Sungmin went downstairs, sat down on the couch and waited for Kyuhyun. Sungmin now lives with Kyuhyun because his mom abandoned him when his dad died and he Sungmin was 5 years old at the time. Kyuhyun, who was also 5 years old but younger by a few months, became good friends with Sungmin and asked his dad if Sungmin could live with them and fortunately, his dad said yes.

           “Okay, I’m ready, let’s go!” Kyuhyun announced. Sungmin got up and followed the younger.

            “What about breakfast?” Sungmin asked and Kyuhyun just shrugged.

            “Not hungry.” Just like that, Kyuhyun replied. Sungmin just nodded, knowing that even if he tries, Kyuhyun wouldn’t listen to him anyways. They walked out of the house and headed to school.

As they walked to school, girls and even guys turn to look at them. While the girls screamed, giggled or whispered to each other, the guys would give both of them hi-fives or just swore at them.  Well what do you expect? They were 2 of the most popular guys at school, along with 13 others. All 15 of them were known as the school’s “SJ15”. All of them didn’t care about popularity though… Well maybe except for one… The other students just labeled them popular because of their good looks and the things they were good at.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin went to their class and sat down. After they were seated, they started talking. The bell rang for the next class to start and the teacher came in.

            “Okay class take your seats.” The teacher ordered. The students who were up, sat down immediately in their designated seats and the class began.

--Skip to end of class---

            “Oh right, before you leave, I have an important announcement to make.” Their teacher started.

            “Are you resigning, Mr. Chen?” A classmate of theirs teased the teacher which earned a few snickers, giggles, whispers and hi-fives. Their teacher looked annoyed but continued on.

            “Nice try Dongho, but no. Anyways, you will be having a new student classmate tomorrow. Please treat the new student nicely.” Their teacher said and the bell rang. Sungmin and Kyuhyun stood up and left.

            “I wonder who it is… What do you think Kyu?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun who just shrugged at the question. Sungmin did the same and they headed to their next class…

 


 

Finally Uploaded THE First Chapter!!
YAY!! 

Please Subscribe and Comment!
I would love to hear from you guys!!

                          -haiya0316~