Impulsion

Unexpected

 

“Eh? It’s morning already?” Chanyeol says to himself as he gets out of bed and steps to his grand bookshelf--which was twelve feet high--to pick out a book to read. He's read more than half of his extensive collection, and he had learned it all by heart. From battle techniques to dancing techniques, he knows them all; but that doesn't mean he's perfected them all.
 

Nowadays, Chanyeol has recently taken interest in magic—banned magic, that is. Chanyeol's learned the deathly spells, but he has never put them to the test. Considering his kindness, he will never do so in his life.
 

Chanyeol checks the time and realizes that it was six in the morning. He decides to learn something completely new and opens the book entitled “How to Change into Chingus.” This kind of magic wasn't allowed anywhere; almost nobody knew that such a spell even existed, and it was one of the hardest spells you'll ever learn, or so the cover page said. As for where this book came from, he remembers buying a few textbooks in the black market during his first few tries on the “face change” spell.  As he flipped through the paces, he realizes that he had to practice this spell or else he'll never learn. Seeing that he couldn’t tell anyone about it, he had no choice but to practice it on himself. He lets out a big sigh, drinks his coffee, pushes his eye glasses up, and begins his self-studying session.

While he was reciting the spells and doing his best to get his emotions right, a loud knock on the door was heard. Chanyeol stopped chanting, but he didn't stand up as he was feeling reluctant. With his thick voice he asks, “What is it?”

“Your Highness, the king has called you in to talk about your future,”  the servant from the other end of Chanyeol's door said nervously. This wasn’t the first time his father wanted to talk to him, but still, Chanyeol never really agreed or listened to his parents during these kinds of forced conversations, simply because he had no interest in girls or love or anything related to that.

“Tell him I do not wish to marry,” Chanyeol sternly said, a pout emanating on his lips. He was kind, but when he wanted to be firm, his hoarse and deep voice was always dependable.

“But...Your Highness...” The servant’s voice has trembling so much, but Chanyeol pretends he hadn’t heard anything at all and ignores the servant, continuing his recitation of the spell endlessly. As for what kind of chingu spell he was reciting, Chanyeol had chosen to become an elf. He didn't find a reversal spell for it yet, but he'll get to that when the time comes.

Excitement grew in Chanyeol as he felt the magic rush in his body and in his room, and after a few minutes, Chanyeol's appearance changes. Even without looking, he knew that his look had changed because he started feeling strange, as if his body tingled every few seconds. He turns his head and looks at himself in the mirror. His jaw drops and his big eyes registered his reflection. He still looked like himself, with his brown puffy hair and thick-rimmed eyeglasses; and his white socks and pink silk pajamas, though his clothes were a little bit too big for him now. He noticed that his ears were pointed and he his size had been reduced by about a foot. After looking at himself for quite some time, he smiles and starts clapping like an amused child. He had finally done what nobody else could! He jumped around his room until a loud knocking was heard again. Chanyeol began to panic, his heart was thumping loudly and he fidgeted in his room; but at the same time he'd been waiting for this day to come. Excitedly, he gets his bag, picks up his spell book and leaves the castle. He knew the invisibility spells and decided to try that out, and it worked. Chanyeol never thought that he’d leave the castle in such a rush. He’d longed for a life outside the stone walls that surrounded him all his life. As he ran, his hair bounced, some of it sticking to his face; but it didn’t really bother him. He feels the gale in his body and the rapid beating of his heart. He feels the grass tickle his feet; he had forgotten to take a pair of shoes with him. He doesn’t even remember what he had put in his ‘escape bag’ he prepared a year ago. He didn’t have time to put more necessities in. He knew that he did such a rash action, and he knew that he was completely unprepared. After what seemed like hours, he finds himself running and passing through bushes of a forest.