Prey

Prey

 

She woke up early; the Sun was beginning to rise in the horizon. Her slender figure rolled in the bed for a few minutes until it finally manages to feel like getting up. Her movements didn’t wake up the sleeping man in the other side of the bed, though. He kept hugging the empty space she left, a peaceful expression on the handsome features.

The girl prepared coffee just to take a ship of it. It wasn’t for her, actually. It was for the man in the other room, the lazy guy. She sighed, a creep and genuine smile appearing in her lips, a rare thing to see on a person like her. After all, a killer shouldn’t be a person with a lot of genuine smiles; fake and seductive smiles were another subject, of course. They were needed when it comes to catch preys. But the guy in the other room wasn’t her prey at all. Actually, she was a little bit afraid that she was his prey. Two killers in the same place never signed a good thing. Or they were supposed to kill each other, or they were in an ignorance bubble, when both didn’t know that the other one was a killer. It started like the last option; however, the secret came to her ears few days ago, when his shield opened a little bit too much. She, of course, wasn’t prepared to what he said in such an intensive way. Shivers run down her spine while remembering the moment.

“God damn, Mai, I love you.” He said with a loud voice, almost scaring. But his eyes were helpless and desperate. She felt her tongue getting dried when nothing but air come out of . “Don’t play with me. We’re killers, but I, at least, still know how to love. Don’t say to me that you don’t.”

“How did you...?”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo, Mai. I’m L.” He smirked while her face paled even more. “Don’t you think the most infamous killer of South Korea is able to find out about anyone true identity?” He scoffed in disbelief, which made Mai quite annoyed. He was talking to her like she was some kind of naive kid who doesn’t know how to play the game.

“And I’m Suzumi Mai, the most infamous killer of Japan.” She replied, smirking a little bit. She was aware about the fact that the guy who tried to seduce her a few weeks ago was dangerous. But this just made her more interested. “It’s better you don’t actually believe that I’m going to trust you that easily. We’re the same type of people, Myungsoo. Liars. Nothing good will come out of this.”

“And when did you ever care about it?” He got closer to her and when she backed with a shaky step, she felt the cold wall pressing her back. Her eyes widened a little bit, time enough to the professional killer realize that she was in his hands. “But I’m not lying, Mai. Not this time.” He cupped her face in his hands, almost losing himself in her facial features. How could she be so... gorgeous? “I love you. I really do. Don’t play with me. I know that you also feel like this.” His face was so close to hers that she could feel his hot and mint breath hit her lips. The girl glared his sinful lips and gulped. Desperate, she lifted up her head, looking for a way out, however the only thing that she was able to find was her lost when her eyes confronted his. “Like every move of mine your heart skips a beat. Like every smile in my face make you smile also. Like every second without me is a torture. Like every time you see me with another woman, it’s enough to make you fell in a madness jealousy. Tell me, Mai. Tell me that I’m not the only one in this situation. Because this is how I feel about you.”

As much as she wanted to deny everything Myungsoo said, lies couldn’t reach her tongue in that moment. Not even words could. So she restrained herself to simple nod in agreement. That was enough, although. It was enough for him.

Remembering the moment made her blush. The memory of the way he kissed her after her confession was enough to make her whole body tremble in ecstasy. But, ignoring that, she was mad with herself. How could she let her guard open like that, open enough to make Myungsoo able to find out her true identity? Mai cursed under her breath. She wouldn’t let something like this happen ever again. Fortunately, Myungsoo was someone she could trust. But the list ended there. Mai knew that soon she would need to erase his name. Keeping relationships wasn’t and won’t ever be a good thing for a killer. The odds of being affected by that were big, especially if you’re a wanted and well-known killer, full of enemies. This would also affect Myungsoo. And Mai didn’t want that, although she knew that he could deal with the problem easily.

Sighing, she left the mug on the kitchen’s balcony and returned to the bedroom, a yawn escaping her lips. Mai made herself comfortable under the sheets, covering her exposed legs. After all, she was wearing nothing but her and a loose and big social shirt that clearly it wasn’t hers. It didn’t take much time to her finally feels a muscular arm circulate her waist. He pulled her closer to his body, the thin material of the shirt touching his bare chest.

“And where did you have gone?” He muttered huskily in her ear. She rolled her eyes.

“Do I look like someone who will answer this type of question? Compose yourself, L. I’m not some kind of fragile and submissive girl that you can control. Now, let go of me.” But he didn’t. Instead, he trapped her under his body in one swift move, both of his arms in each side of her head. Myungsoo’s sleepy eyes had suddenly shot open, both emitting a serious and icy stare. Mai didn’t change her expression, though. She held the glare with the same intensity of the Korean guy above her.

“Don’t call me L. Not you.” The whisper reached her with a tired tone. He hugged her in the next second, a tired sigh escaping from his mouth. His lips brushed the base of her neck before it got up to her ear. “Please.”

She wanted to keep a straight and independent act; however she ended nodding, again. She would sometimes do that – surrender to him. Mai just couldn’t fight against. It was something in his voice, in his scent, is his stare, maybe him himself, that she just couldn’t find a way of deny his apologies and wishes, although some of them, depending on the severity of the wish, were easily denied. Mai loved him, but that wasn’t enough to let her fail when it comes to her own good.

After her short nod, Myungsoo bit the skin under her ear in a playful and tentative way. A wave of electricity shoved her body and she could feel her body heating up. But she was tired.

“Yah, ert, it is 6AM. You got what you wanted three hours ago. I’m tired, so get off of me.” She demanded, pushing his chest, but that just made him more excited. He was stubborn, just like her. He wouldn’t let go that easily. And three hours for him was enough to get well rested. So, no, he didn’t get off; instead, Myungsoo just a new spot on her neck, beside the hickeys of the night before. Mai moaned half annoyed half in pleasure.

During the battle of resistance, Mai ended giving up to him. She probably wouldn’t be able to erase his name of her list. Not so soon. And if not so soon, she would be trapped – the connection would be too strong to break.

With that, she realized she had fallen in his trap.

Her eyes widened and Mai gasped, but Myungsoo didn’t give her time enough to end the process in her mind. He just crashed his lips against hers, wanting, wishing, and finally winning.

It was before sleeping again, while cuddling in his arms that she concluded her thoughts.

Maybe her suspicions were right about him. Maybe she was his prey – a prey of his love.

 

__________________________________________________________

I warned that it was crappy, lol.

Oh well, thanks if you readed all of it. That was just some kind of "wooow, let's write something" and stuff, but still, thank you for reading. Subscribers and comments are loved by me, :B

Okaaay, bye~