Baby Steps

Baby Steps

 

umkyeojin maeumi jakku sae eonaga
sumkyeobogo kamchwodo modu hulleonaga 
daheulsu eobtneun neoreul bomyeonseo
nae jageun geurimjado deulkilkka sumeosseo

 

Being in your arms was the only time I’ve ever felt safe and secure in my life. You were my best friend, my guardian, the family I never had and the love of my life. My mind realizes that you’re gone but my heart refuses to acknowledge the truth. How can the love we had together just disappear like that?  Feelings can’t just fade away and vanish into thin air. Did you really love me? Did you ever love me? I loved you, I still do.

 

One, two, nae mami, three, four, sumkyeori, five, six, onmomi
neman bomyeo georeo
One, two, eojedo, three, four, oneuldo, five, six maeildo
Baby steps, neoreul hyanghae georeo”

 

Every breath I take requires so much energy without you by my side. Every time I see you my eyes develop a mind of their own, following your every step, only to brim with tears and fill with disappointment by that fact that you’re not walking my way. I have to hold my legs back from walking towards you; I have to keep my arms from reaching out. You’re not mine anymore.

 

oh nan tteollineun keoreumeun josimhi dagagabwa
(oh somebody help me! Somebody help me!)
oh nan deo gakkai kalsurok eojeonji duryeowojyeo 
oh nan tteollineun keoreumeun deo hanbeon dagagabwa
Oh nan nae sarangi boineun gakkaun georikkaji ijen dagawajwo

 

With my books clutched close to my chest, protecting what’s left of my heart, I walk into the classroom where we first met. I can hear you talking with your friends, the same voice that was used to tell me how much you cared and how much you loved me. I hear you laughing with your friends, the same laugh that was used when you were with me. I sit down in the seat farthest from yours, hoping you wouldn’t notice me only to look up and see you smiling. Right, we’re still friends, no hard feelings.