Fated Meetings

There and back again(One shot stories)

 

 

They say if  by chance you meet someone 3 times then it is fate.

 

Meeting 1

 

Kids could be heard yelling and playing along with each other. The creaking of the swings and the wind accompanying them. The playground was full today, being a perfect summer day. Not too hot and not too cold, a gentle breeze refreshing the air.

 

This is why Hyo Jun decided to go for a walk and enjoy nature, but how could she enjoy anything without her camera? She loved photography, or anything that had to do with visual arts, she was an artist.

 

Hyo Jun could agree that being an artist meant almost all the time trying to get by with few bucks, but she enjoyed doing what she was doing and this is how she was brought up. She had promised her late father that she would always enjoy what she was doing, and she wanted to keep that promise.

 

Smiling softly to herself she sat down under her tree, and began taking pictures capturing the happiness of the children. They were a blessing. Always carefree and happy, and this is how kids should be. A free spirit. They had enough time to be unhappy once they grew up.

 

Scanning the area with her objective she couldn’t help but observe a handsome young man a few feet away from her, with a notepad in his hand writing something fervently, once in a while gazing at her intently. She shrugged her shoulders thinking nothing of it. Maybe she was just imagining things.

 

“Noona, noona! Come play with us!” a few kids took her hands and dragged her into their game. She laughed freely and joined them. But throughout the game she couldn’t shake the feeling of someone watching her.

 

And when she looked up, she wasn’t expecting her own light brown eyes to meet a pair of dark ones, taking her breath away. She wanted to look away, feeling the cheeks getting warmer, but it was as if a force was keeping her rooted on the spot. Then the man suddenly smiled at her, and then the spell was broken, and she turned around quickly.

 

After a few more minutes with the kids she had to leave and so she picked up her camera turning around to take one more picture before she could call it a day, but unexpectedly, right in front of her, a few centimeters apart stood the handsome man.

 

Hyo Jun jumped a little in surprise almost dropping the camera. The man took action quickly and grabbed the hand that was holding the camera. At that moment a few sparks flew up Hyo Jun’s hand and she gasped a little. Once again his eyes mesmerized her.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you” he smiled softly. A moment of silence followed until Hyo Jun could gather her thoughts. She shouldn’t be acting like this. She didn’t know this man.

 

“Ah, it’s fine. I’m quite easy to scare” she laughed a little. “Uhm…hi. Did you need something?” she smiled politely.

 

“would you mind if I took a look at your pictures?” he asked suddenly then when she gave him a surprised look her rubbed the back of his neck shyly. “I mean, I saw you taking pictures earlier, and I wanted to see them”. Even though it was a really weird request, she complied and gave him her camera.

 

For some reason she felt like she knew this man, like she had seen him before. She felt drawn to him, but how could she, I mean, he was a stranger. And God knows how many good looking strangers were actually creepers. And yet, here she was sharing her camera and personal pictures with him.

 

“These are really nice” he gave her back the camera. “I’m sorry, you might think this is weird, but actually I am a song writer, and I wanted to see if I could find some inspiration” she nodded understandingly.

 

“Well, I hope I was of help. Thank you for not being a creeper” she stopped realizing what she had said, but it didn’t seem to offend him in anyway, more so, he was actually laughing. A soft deep laugh that made her heart flutter. “But I really need to go now. It’s getting late” she bowed before him and hurriedly left not being able to suppress the redness in her cheeks. A pair of eyes followed her steps carefully.

Like fate, eyes watch only one place

You touched my heart that used to be ice in front of the world

 

Meeting no. 2

 

“Daughter, you are alreasy 24, when are you going to find yourself a nice young man that will take care of you and get you out of my sight? I am getting bored of you. You are always here visiting me and I can’t do a thing without you asking for a report.” Her mother scolded her and Hyo Jun laughed pretending to be offended.

 

“What do you mean omma? Are you bored of your own daughter! Oh, look how cruel the world can be” she placed her hands on her chest. Her mother rolled her eyes but smiled.

 

“This is exactly what I am saying! Stop slacking daughter! I know your father might have drilled me for saying this, but you go out there and get yourself  a man. Without one I will not receive you here anymore!” her mother showed her the door just as a nurse opened it to announce Hyo Jun that visiting hours were over.

 

“Deh omma! I know! I will!” she laughed at her mother’s antics and closed the door. She placed herself onto a chair in the waiting room and sighed deeply. Even though her mother was full of life at the moment she was ill. Deathly ill. Just the day before she had an attack and she had to be put on IV again.

 

Hyo Jun tried to visit her as much as she could, and she knew that her mother was only joking when she was threatening her. But it still hurt to see her like that. She had lost her father and now she was living with the fear of losing her mother also.

 

She placed her head in her hands, a few stray tears slipping past her eyelids.

 

“Beautiful eyes like yours shouldn’t share tears.” A deep soft voice spoke from next to her and she jumped up, while wiping her tears away.

 

Next to her, the handsome man she had met in the park was offering her a coffee. She hesitated but seeing this he took her hand gently as not to scare her and placed it in her hands. The moment their hands touched she once again felt a zap go up her spine and she shivered. Without a word he took off his jacket and placed it upon her shoulders.

 

“Thank you” she inhaled his sweet scent.

 

“You want to talk about it” he offered. She started with her mind set on not telling him anything, but as soon as she opened she spilled everything, about her condition, about her mother, about her worries, all this time a few stray tears slipping out. And he listened intently. Not once judging her, not once telling her to stop. He just listened to her.

 

And for that she was very grateful.

 

Speaking for almost twenty minutes and her mind being so tired her eyelids got heavier and heavier and her head slipped onto the stranger’s shoulder.

 

“Thank you….”

 

“Min Woo”

 

“Thank you Min Woo” she whispered sleepily and lulled to sleep by a soft hum and a sweet scent she fell into a dreamless sleep.

 

Needless to say, that morning she woke up in the waiting room, alone with nothing but a jacket and a name to go by. A name that she couldn’t remember.

 

Meeting 3-Fate

 

“Come on Hyo Jun! Let’s hurry, if not we will miss the show!” her friend yelled while running and Hyo Jun tried to keep up with her pace.

 

“Why should I run? It is your show, I do not know anything about this No Woon Mi” she huffed and stopped suddenly not to run into her friends back.

 

“First of all, we are going because you promised me to go with me, and secondly it is No Min Woo” Hyo Jun rolled her eyes. She had no interest in this guy, or in his music, for her every song sounded the same. She had work to do at home. Her painting was waiting for her.

 

“Here we are!” her friend jumped up and down excitedly. A small café but there were lots of people inside. Suddenly Hyo Jun felt claustrophobic.

 

“Um…I will just wait for you outside. You enjoy the show” she tried to turn around but her friend grabbed her hand and dragged her inside.

 

“Nonsense. Ohhh, it’s starting” the commotion suddenlhy stopped and as Hyo Jun and her friend were making their way through the crowd she could hear a few guitar strings being strummed.

 

Then a deep voice, a known deep voice started singing. Hyo jun stopped and looked towards the stage.

 

And when her eyes met his, she knew it. She knew it that she might have never met this man before that day in the park, but she knew it was meant to be, she knew she was meant to know him. He smiled softly at her.

 

Like fate, I meet you again on this day

The words I could not say and was clogged like dust

“And this is how I met your father” Hyo Jun patted a 3 years old’s head smoothing the curls out.

 

“Awww, omma romantic!” the girl giggled kissing her omma’s cheek. Hyo Jun laughed and kissed her daughter back.

 

“Don’t worry you will grow up a beautiful baby girl, and one day you will meet your fated other. Just like me and your appa” she smiled softly at the little girl who was already asleep.

 

“What were my two girls laughing about” Min Woo poked his head round the door and entered the room careful not to make any loud noise. Hyo Jun smiled softly and kissed her husband’s lips.

 

“Just memories”