CHAPTER SIX

Practicality
 divider.jpg
 
"The more I know you, I like you..."
 
 divider.jpg
"Hyuna!"
 
His eyebrows furrow deeply in distress as his ears comprehend the deafening silence that follows, and his feet quickly head into the living room, where the B2ST members were busy watching M! Countdown. He grabs his jacket off the corner of the sofa and snatches Junhyung's car keys off the hook near the light switch.
 
"Junhyung, I need you and your car," he says loudly, catching the attention of the members, who immediately note the frantic emotions flickering in his eyes, and Dongwoon turns down the volume in response.
 
"Why?" Junhyung asks curiously, "And why have you got my ke--"
 
"Hyuna called me. She can't find her medication and I think she's just fainted," the lead vocalist says, wrenching his jacket on and throwing the keys towards the rapper, who catch them posthaste.
 
Junhyung's eyes darken quickly as he hears the words coming out of Hyunseung's mouth, before getting up and heading towards the door without a moment's hesitation.
 
"What?" Kikwang jumps up from the sofa in disbelief of what his ears are hearing, "Oh my God, what are we--"
 
"Let's go," Junhyung states firmly, slipping his shoes on, "Do you know where she is?" he asks Hyunseung, who is busy scrolling briskly through the contacts on his phone.
 
"I think she's at the dorm. I'm calling Jihyun now to ask for the code number for their door," Hyunseung answers, pressing the device closely to his ear, willing for the 4minute leader to pick up quickly.
 
"You guys call the other 4minute members and their manager, if you can, to tell them about Hyuna's situation. I'm sending her to the closest hospital, so make sure they know where that is," Junhyung instructs the remaining B2ST members, who nod and grab for their phones, before slamming the door shut and running towards the elevator lobby.
 
 
 divider.jpg
 
"…so I, like, told her to stick her lips together like a chicken and butter roll…"
 
The entire Happy Together cast erupts into laughter at the abrupt conclusion of Gina's hilarious high school story, wide infectious grins washing over everyone in the vicinity faster than a tsunami. Sohyun follows suit, bursting out into a cute giggle, her winsome smile lighting up her complexion with a flawless glow.
 
"Aigoo, I never knew Gina-ssi could be so funny!" She says, her pink t-shirt highlighting the endearing blush spreading across her cheeks.
 
"Majayo!" Bongsun remarks, slapping her hand across her knee, "You should do that more often!"
 
The slim, light-tanned Canadian singer chuckles and nods in reply. "I will work harder from now on."
 
"I actually never expected that from Gina!" Jaesuk says honestly, rubbing his middle which was aching from laughter.
 
"Geuraeyo," Jihyun agrees, pushing aside a few strands of chocolate-coloured hair that had strayed from her carefully-styled French twist. She turns towards the older soloist with mock anger, stating: "Eonni, why are you never like this with us?"
 
"Eeesh! You just don't pay attention whenever I tell jokes!" Gina slaps Jihyun's toned thigh playfully as she replies, eliciting a small squeal from the 4minute leader. Jihyun flings her arm out in order to get some cheeky revenge -- but her attempt is blocked by Jintaek standing directly in front of her and firmly pressing her phone against her right ear. He stalks off quickly without a word, his mouth pursed into a thin line and his expression grave.
 
"Jihyun-ah! I need the passcode to your dorm apartment!"
 
The 4minute leader's doe eyes fly open at the sound of Hyunseung's voice, her brain immediately noting the air of desperating clinging onto his words and its undercurrent of panic. The studio instantly quietens at the sight of her expression, every person on the set becoming hyper-aware of the unusual tension amongst the show guests, and the laughter-filled atmosphere that was so vigilantly crafted by the Happy Together hosts dissipates swiftly into nothingness -- instead a cloud heavy with cloaked unease taking its place. She hesitates for a moment, phone clutched tightly against the side of her face, before replying carefully.
 
"W-why? What are you doing? What's going on?" she inquires, her stomach instictively twisting with anxiety as she utters the questions. Hyunseung is breathing heavily on the other side of the phone, as if he had just been running, and there is a distinct loud whirr of a car engine in the background, hinting to her that they were driving somewhere -- fast.
 
Gayoon eyes her sunbae with both caution and curiosity, leaning slightly towards the phone in the hopes that she would catch some important tidbit of information. Jiyoon, sitting beside Jihyun, pokes the latter to get her attention, feeling that something was gravely wrong.
 
"Hyuna, she…I think she's collapsed in the dorm--"
 
"WHAT?"
 
 divider.jpg
 
Stupid.
 
That's what he is.
 
Absolutely, purely, completely and wholly stupid.
 
Hyunseung bites back an expletive just as it almost rolls off his tongue and clenches his fists in an attempt to stop them from smacking himself in the forehead -- hard. If any of the 4minute girls found out about what he had done, he'd no doubt be murdered with a sharp, colourful string of verbal knives plunging themselves through his ears. He shudders at the thought.
 
A loud sequence of clicks reverberates around the empty side hallway as he marches briskly across the white marble floor of the deserted hospital corridor, knowing for sure that his steps are probably destroying the soles of his expensive Sweeney Oxford brogues but pushing the thought aside for the moment.
 
After all, Hyuna is what's important.
 
And Hyuna was what he had put in danger.
 
He shoves past the door to the men's washroom.
 
He's shocked at how long he had stayed ignorant of the fact he had gone practically out of it recently. First with a couple of lukewarm rehearsals with the B2ST members, then the half-hearted performance earlier this week, and now this. What if something consequential had happened later tonight, and he realises too late that he was the one at fault for all this?
 
", Hyunseung," he mutters under his breath once he's safely inside by himself, "What's up with you?"
 
He grasps at his hair and wipes his brow with the handkerchief inside his pocket, left arm gripping the curved porcelain rim of the sink to steady himself, before staring at himself in the mirror. His eyes bore into his reflection, but they soon dim and his head drops as he steps away from the glass. I can't even look myself in the eye anymore.
 
So I really am a failure.
 
Just like Seungri said.
 
divider.jpg
Majayo (맞아요) = that's right / that's true / exactly [exclamative form]
Geuraeyo (그래요) = right [exclamative form] / sure / yeah
 
 divider.jpg
10.10.12
 
I know, I know, I've been practically (no pun intended, LOL!) dead for like two months, but I swear I have a valid reason.
I've been drowning in my A2 Level work and coursework and my job so much that I couldn't find any time at all to write
much of this chapter, and even if I did have a minute or two, my mind just went totally blank whenever my eyes caught
sight of that blank Microsoft Word page (or in my case, an empty OmmWriter screen).
 
But still I tried so hard this weekend to post at least something for you guys, of whom I know there are so many who are
beyond excited and desperate to read this fanfiction of mine, and I am so happy about that. Thank you :)
I am really disappointed with myself for not fulfilling my promises of updating regularly. Life is a LOL x) But I am too,
for not posting. So I've just put up the first bit of Chapter Six in the hopes that I'd quench a little of your thirst.

Anyway, I don't intend to break all of my promises, so this Chapter will DEFINITELY include some tension-slash-rivalry
between Junhyung and Hyunseung -- but more importantly, a cute moment (and I mean cute) with our dear 2HYUN...
uncouple? They're not officially yet here so I guess I'll just label them with that title for now xD
 
If I don't do what I say I will here by the end of this month, then you can officially send me loads and loads of hate mail.
Well, don't, but I swear I will get this done! This is number two on my priority list (unfortunately school comes first).

Love you all forever!
 
<3
 
 divider.jpg