Chapter 1

Love is falling...Don't Go...

    “Again!” Bom sighed as she stepped up to the mic in the booth for what seem like the 50th time and sung the line again.
         “Again, noona!” She heard Jiyong’s voice in the headphones along with the frustration that laid heavy in it. Bom listened to the melody once again as she readied herself to sing the ling again. This time around, she heard it and she knew that her sunbae-dongsaengs hear it too. Her voice cracked. The music stopped and Ji's exhausted voice came into Bom's ears.
     “Noona, come out of the booth,” Bom removed the headphones and went back into the main studio. Jiyong sat at the soundboard, slouching in the chair as he twirled a pen. Behind him at the table was TOP scribbling in a notebook.
     Though it was a secret to the public, the family knew of the duo’s unit album to be released soon and Jiyong was adamant to get Bom to work on one of the tracks. Even with 2NE1’s album now being promoted, Bom was more excited than ever to work with the two guys that she started out with in YG Family. The fun they had when she started out as a trainee and them debuting was the best and she had hoped to find that fun again but it didn’t seem to appear.
        Bom stood onside of Jiyong as he swerved in the chair looking up at her with tired eyes. BigBang had just gotten back from Singapore for a Korean Night concert. The boys flew around, country to country, but somehow they still had energy to get into the studio early. Bom and her band members were just learning.
        “Noona, are you feeling well?”
        “I’m fine. Just a little tired from the performances.”   
     “Maybe she needs a break, Ji. She’s been here since 10 this morning,” TOP said without looking up from the notebook. Jiyong sighed as he stood up.
        “Have you eaten yet?” Jiyong directed to Bom.
        “Umm...not since this morning,” Looking at his phone, Jiyong saw that it was close to 10pm.
        “You shouldn’t wait so long to eat, noona. It’s not good for you. What do you want to eat?”
        “I’ll get something when I get back to the dorm.”
        “And have ssabunim catch you? Isn’t 2NE1tv still filming?” Jiyong asked smiling.
        “Oh...well...”
         “I’ll get you something. Anything you want,” The first two things to pop in Bom’s head were her favorites, corn and bread but she knew she didn’t need either on. She decided on something that wouldn’t really burden Jiyong to get.
        “Can you me some kimchi soup?”
        “Are you sure? No bread?”
        “Soup is fine, Jiyong.”
        “I’ll get you something good. I’ll be right back,” Jiyong gathered his phone and car keys and headed for the door.
        “Ji!” He turned back to TOP staring at him . “What about me?"
        “What about you?”
        “Yah!” Bom snickered.
        “I got you, hyung! I’ll be right back, “ Jiyong looked back to Bom. “Noona, just rest.”
Bom smiled as Jiyong left the room in a hurry. Jiyong was always nice to her since they first met. He and TOP were two who she was the closest to out all the YG family members besides 2NE1 members and Gummy unni.

Bom dropped down in the chair next to TOP. Looking over to the notebook that he was so enthralled with, one would expect to see this deep, charismatic rapper’s wild handwriting and meaningful lyrics. What Bom saw was no surprise as it was intricate drawings of animals, swirls, and strange things. TOP slowly looked up to the look Bom was giving him.
        “You think Ji will bring some ice cream?”
        “Are you sure you’re not an alien?” TOP looked back at his drawing and chuckled.
        “I’ll admit I’m an alien if you admit you area cartoon character from a manhwa.”
     “Eh?” TOP chuckled again as he wnet back to drawing. Bom sighed as she rested her head on the table and stared the soundboard still lit.
        “How much longer until the album is to be released?”
     “Ji and I have one song we need to work on with Teddy hyung and he has one more song to work one and then we’ll do a final run through the songs and of this song.”
     “So, I’m delaying the album,” Bom said sitting up. She took the Vitminwater bottle that was sitting onside of TOP and turned it side to side.
        “No. You know why he’s making you record over and over, right?”
        “Because he’s a perfectionist?”
     “That and he wants to make sure you sound the best onf the track. We can record for about a month but he won't stop until he knows you are the best and stand out in the song. Basically like president hyung."
        “But this is yours and his song. I’m just featured on it.”
     “That makes a difference to Ji, how? Listen, noona, we have been together for sometime. We know how each other are, musically and personally. You should know how Ji is when he gets in the studio and how he is with music. You should know how he is around you.”
        “Huh?” TOP looked at her and smiled.
     “Noona, you can be really cute and funny sometimes,” Bom watched as he continued to draw and scribble with his smile still on his face. Bom liked it when he smiled. It broke the charismatic threatening aura he gave off when he was just thinking to himself. His dimples stood out along with his endearing eyes that helped his personality as the joker of YG family. He could lighten the atmosphere quickly with his jokes but sometimes, he was too strange. Which why she would call him an alien, a person with his looks, his thoughts, and his jokes were too surreal.

Jiyong returned with the food, kimchi soup but also sunrise soup.The three ate and joked around as they were rejuvenated. Retrying the song again, Bom was confident that she would be able to get through the song and get Jiyong’s approval. That’s all she really wanted. Jiyong’s approval. If she knew that Jiyong was happy, she was happy. As they went through the song though, the frustration returned in Jiyong’s voice.
        “Noona...”
        “Jiyong, I know I can get it. Just let try one more time,” Jiyong sighed before he pressed the intercom again.
        “Noona, just...”
         “Ji, let her try,” TOP said standing behind him, his arms crossed over his chest. Jiyong rubbed his temples before calling back to Bom in the booth.
        “Noona, let’s pick it up tomorrow. I think my ears are tired.”
     “Okay,” Jiyong rolled back from the board and looked up at the ceiling but instead was face to face with TOP’s stern look at him.
        “What hyung?”
         “You’re being too hard on her and yourself,” Bom walked out of the booth. Jiyong stood as he put on the hat had brought from his car.
        “BommieYang, why don’t you get some rest. We can pick it up tomorrow. That way you will be rested and so will we.”
     “Okay, Good work today. I will see you later," Bom gathered her things and left the room, a dejected look on her face. The two were left in the room as they packed their things. Jiyong turned the soundboard to get his phone from the table to see the deadly stare of TOP at him.
        “Hyung, anyone ever tell you that your look can kill?”
        “Plenty of times. That or bring the ladies to their knees,” The two’s laughter filled the quiet room.
         “Serious, what’s wrong?” TOP sighed as his laugh subsided.
         “Do you just like being harsh on noona?”
         “What are you talking about? I tease everyone especially noona and the maknaes,” TOP shook his head.
         “Nevermind.”
         “Hyung, I’ll meet you downstairs. I want to clean up a track real quick.”
         “You need another set of ears?”
         “Nah, I got it,” TOP nodded as he grabbed his bag and left out as GD rolled back to the soundboard.
            TOP stepped out of the studio, the door beeping as it locked behind him. TOP slipped on his sunglasses, even though he knew it was dark outside, he wore them to block the light as he made his way out, but he stopped as he heard something. A soft cry. Turning, he saw Bom sitting in the open sitting area, her head on the long table. TOP walked over to her, removing his sunglasses, and sat down.
        “Noona?” Bom looked up, her eyes puffy and red with tears. Before TOP could react, Bom flung her arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder. TOP stuttered as he tried to figure out what was happening. In the end, he sighed and started to pat Bom’s head in comfort.
                   Jiyong kept playing the track with Bom’s voice. It was fine but he couldn’t feel the emotion he wanted from her. Jiyong knew that he teased Bom a lot but that’s how he showed that he liked her. If he didn’t do it, he didn’t know what would come out of his mouth. He was too afraid to say what he wanted to tell her. A simple tone entered the air which caught Jiyong off guard. Turning around, he saw that his hyung left his phone. Grabbing it, he could do two things, run it to TOP and then come back to the track or just go ahead and leave. Sighing, Jiyong chose the latter. There was really nothing he could do to the track to change it. He saved the work and hopped up from the chair with the phone and his stuff. Stepping out the studio, Jiyong stopped in his track. His stomach and heart drop as his throat tightened as he watched as TOP and Bom embraced.