On the Edge (Finale)

On the Edge

 

"How is he, doctor?" asked a worried Myungsoo.

 

The dark haired doctor ran through the report one more time before handing it over to the nurse. "Well, Myungsoo-shii… Physically, Sungjong-shii is fine. I can't say the same about his psychological state, though. That, we have to wait until he wakes up. Suicide attempts are serious, by the way."

 

The doctor and the nurse left, leaving Myungsoo alone with the unconscious Sungjong. The other members had rushed in as soon as they heard the stupid thing that their maknae did. Sunggyu was beyond word enrage with Myungsoo that he almost punched him square in his face while the others remain clueless to what was happening or what happened to their maknae. Sooner, the rest of the members were obliged to leave since it’s been hours past visiting hour except for Myungsoo who decided to stay until his lover woke up. It was against the hospital rules for Myungsoo to stay but when he nearly bit off the head of the nurse that reprimanded him, the hospital has no choice but to allow him to be with his lover for the night. With every passing second, Myungsoo felt that he was on the brink of insanity. Waiting was a tedious act for an impatient man like Myungsoo but for Sungjong’s sake he was willing to wait. He doesn’t want that when Sungjong wakes up, he would feel the abandoned again. Fortunately, Myungsoo had managed to catch the maknae before falling to his death. The impact of his head against the wall knocked Sungjong unconscious and Myungsoo ended up with a sprained hand. Sungjong would be suffering mild concussion for a little while. Myungsoo thanked the God for being in time to save Sungjong. He didn’t care about his sprained hand thinking that the pain in his hands was not even a fraction of the pain that he inflicted to his lover. He swore to himself that things were going to change from this on. He didn't know how long he sat there but when Sungjong's eyes fluttered open, he decided he didn't care. "Jongie…" He grasped Sungjong's limp hand and kissed the back of it. Sungjong frowned. "L-hyung?"

 

"Aa, it's me."

 

Sungjong's frown turned into a sad one. He snatched his hand away and hid his face with the pillow. "Go away, hyung. You shouldn't be here."

 

"Don't you want me to be here, Jongie?"

 

Tears formed in Sungjong's eyes. "I've always wanted you to be with me, hyung. But you will never be happy if I'm around."

 

"Sungjong…"

 

"You told me so. Go away, hyung. I don't want you to be unhappy because you're with me."

 

Myungsoo tried hard to hide his other hand. Myungsoo knew that if Sungjong could see it, he would think that Myungsoo would hurt him or shout at him, blaming him for his injured hand. Myungsoo knew nothing could erase the things that he said. This was not the Sungjong who whined and pouted when Myungsoo mistreated him. This was not the Sungjong who grumbled when his hyungs ordered him around. This was not the Sungjong who would act like a diva when things wouldn’t turn out his way. This was the true Sungjong, the Sungjong who was pushed over the limit by cold words and harsh treatments. Ignoring Sungjong's protests, Myungsoo gathered the boy into his arms and held him tight. The words exchanged then were only reserved for the two of them. The conversation was not meant for the others' ears. The little conversation brought both of them to tears. The rest of the night was filled with tears, apologies and revelations... and love.

 

An understanding was reached.

 

Sungjong smiled. He was later required to be in the hospital at least once a week for psychological therapy. It might take weeks, months or even years for him to heal but he knew everything would be alright again. The nightmares he once had were no more. He had Myungsoo and Myungsoo had him. He also had his friends and family members who cared. No, scratch that. They had each other. At the beginning, maybe it was Myungsoo who pushed him over the edge. But in the end, it was Myungsoo who gave him hope. It was always Myungsoo who would pull him back. Soon, true smiles and laughter were back. Silence no longer had a place between them. Whenever the nightmare returned, Myungsoo would hold him in his arms and whispered to him, "You don't have to be afraid of yourself anymore, Sungjongie. Your Myungsoo will always save you."

 

…And Lee Sungjong was on the edge no more.

 

=========================================================================================================================

Hello everyone….

Sadly this ff has come to its end…

So what do you think about the ending? Does it sound like a cliché?

Should I write an alternate ending or a sequel?

Thank you to those who have subscribed… I really appreciated it…

SoSeolSoul

weiximah

grassland21

vacuumgirl

prisca

Minnea

rainxsky13

xXjenn_erXx

LightSchwarz

SilverSea_SpiritStar

thenamtree

Ashertua

khanhtam

iheartsoojung

vale930525

inspiritkevin

yoseobforever

lynnsiow

JuzzMee91

tairni48

heyfangirl910406

MichiyoMakino

shukurimu_daisuki

DeadSWORDMASTER

smiley_ninja

Thank you very much for making me feel that my efforts in writing this ff has not come to waste...

 

And also thank you very much to those that leave some comments for this ff… I was overwhelmed and inspired by it…

rainxsky13

BrighterthanMushroom

toshiba19

xanderlee 

DeadSWORDMASTER

shukurimu_daisuki

JuzzMee91

lynnsiow

Ashertua

khanhtam

tairni48

... thank you...

 

 

BTW, I have written another ff and as usual it is angst…

Please check this out….

DUST IN THE WIND

But this time it will be a MyungYeol angst… so please anticipate for it…