Chapter 3 - Punishment?

All my Love and Lies

 

Maybe this is my punishment.

 

“You’re going to tell her?” Dara asked Chaerin one day when Chaerin told her her plan.

“Yeah. The seniors won’t be around much after new year’s, and once she graduates, we might never see her again, y’know?” Chaerin explained, “I want to tell her how I feel while I still have the chance. How about you? Do you want to do it together?” she added.

“Huh?! No, I don’t want to.” Dara answered.

Chaerin asked again, “You sure? We’ll I’ll be back then! Here goes nothing!”

But before Chaerin could take a step,

“Oh! Chaerin-ah!” Dara weighed on the circumstances if she would tell Chaerin right there and then how she felt about her.

“Hm? What?” Chaerin replied.

But Dara decided to keep it to herself for now, “um, good luck.”

 

Not half an hour later,

 

“I’m going out with Bom-unnie,” Chaerin said.

 

Chaerin’s love had borne fruit.

 

“Congratulations, Chaerin” Dara felt her heart break but she tried her best to hide it.

“Thanks Dara!” Chaerin went on, “the old student council president was there when I asked her out, though and-” but Dara interrupted her.

Not taking anymore, she decided to leave, “Sorry Chaerin… I have to go – I have something to take care of…”

“Huh? Dara?!” Chaerin asked as she was surprised by her friend’s unusual behaviour.

Dara walked as fast as she could because she did not want Chaerin to see the tears that started to well up in her eyes.

 

Why was I so sure

That I was the only one who belonged by her side?

When tomorrow comes, I’ll support their relationship.

Until then, let me keep on loving Chaerin…

I promise, I’ll give up on her then.

 

The next day,

I’m fine. Dara sighed as she thought to  herself.

I cried my heart out yesterday, so that’s out of my system now.

When she entered the room, “Good morning Chaerin-ah!” Dara tried to put on a cheerful face.

“Dara..” Chaerin replied.

“Hmm? Why the long face?” Dara asks her friend.

“Huh?” Chaerin asked back.

Dara tried to cheer her up, “You have to cheer up! You’re going out with Bom-unnie, remember?!”

“Dara..” was all Chaerin could say.

“You’d better shape up, or I’ll steal her away from you!” Dara jokingly said as she tried to lighten up the mood.

“Steal her away..? Daraaa!” Chaerin complained.

“Ahahaha! Just kidding!” Dara replied with a wide grin on her face.

See, I’m fine. This is nothing.

Dara went on, “I’m your biggest supporter. You can count on m-” but before she could finish her sentence, Chaerin interrupted her.

“Dara. Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Chaerin asked her.

Oh…..

“What are you talking about?” Dara asked back but before Chaerin could reply, one of their classmates called her.

“Hey, Class President! The Teacher wants to see you!” the girl told her.

“Oh!” Chaerin replied as she realized what the reason might be, “Oh, crap!! I forgot to pick up the hand outs.. I’m in for it now..”

“Go on.” Dara told her.

“I’ll be right back!!” answers Chaerin before dashing out of the room.

“Bye!” Dara replied.

Hmph.

I’m not okay at all… But I can’t tell her that!!

Tears started to well up in Dara’s eyes but she tried her best to supress them.

Get lost weak me!!

“I can do this!!” Dara exclaimed to herself startling her classmates.

Her classmates wondered, “Huh?! What’s the Vice President doing?!”

I have to act normal…