Rules are Meant to be Broken

Rules

Seohyun stared out the window in the training room and sighed. She had been practicing with Kyuhyun all day (dance). She dared not look at him. It she did look at Kyuhyun, she surely wouldn't be able to pull her gaze away from his haunting eyes. To tell the truth, she was infactuated with this person... Cho Kyuhyun. Sadly, Sment made sure it couldn't be anything besides an infactuation. Seohyun knew well of the rule. No relationship between idol stars. She knew the rule better than anyone else. That rule really angered Seohyun. As if the concept of love were wrong. As if it were something terrible. Since when could love be banned? To Seohyun, love was the best thing in life. Seohyun sighed to herself. There was a feeling which overcame Seohyun... she felt like... rebelling.

Seohyun was meant to be the 'Sweet and Innocent' maknae. She was known for it. She really wasn't known for breaking rules and lying. It wasn't something Seohyun seemed to do. Seohyun had followed the rules all all her life. She hadn't broken one... yet... Would it be alright for her... to break this one rule? This was the rule Seohyun hated the most out of anything. This was the rule she wanted to break. It could be the only rule she would ever break.  As a maknae, shouldn't she be able to cause some mischief and mayhem? Shouldn't she have time to do as she pleases?  She longed to be with Kyuhyun. She knew that Kyuhyun had feels for her as well.

As Kyuhyun practiced his routine over and over again, watching Seohyun sigh from the corner of his eye. If Kyuhyun had the choice, he would spend the whole day just gazing at Seohyun. In his eyes, her beauty was unmatched by any other person. He saw her turn her head slightly, he quickly looked away. Kyuhyun didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to say it out loud. Kyuhyun... he had completely fallen in love. Yes. Love. Sadly, his love could be nothing but unrequited. The number 1 rule of Sment had made it hard for him. No relationships between idols. Kyuhyun couldn't understand it. Why was such a rule placed? They didn't run his life. If he decided to be in a relationship, he would be in one. They couldn't tell him whether  it would be alright to be in love or not.

Kyuhyun was meant to be a rebellious and dorky person. This was true. He did often rebel against the rules... but... those rules were basically nothing. Even if he broke them, nothing really would change. This rule was different. If he broke this rule, many people would be effected. His hyungs, sunbaes, managers and fans. This was one rule... that he decided he should not break. There were way to many consequences if he did want to make a move. Even though he was a maknae who liked to create mischeif and mayhem, Kyuhyun was smart enough to know which rules he could and could not break. He was well aware Seohyun held the same feelings as he did. He couldn't do anything though. He was restricted.

"Kyuhyun oppa..." Seohyun called hesitantly. Kyuhyun stopped practicing and turned to look at her.

"Yes?" Kyuhyun said as he turned the music off.

"Do... you love me?" Seohyun asked simply. Kyuhyun did not react in surprise. They both knew the answer. Their eyes spoke to each other. An answer wasn't needed, but Seohyun wanted to hear it anyway.

"Yes I do." Kyuhyun answered calmly.

"If you do, why don't you want to be in a relationship with me?" Seohyun asked with a slight tone suggesting she was hurt. Again, they both knew the answer to that question.

"If we get caught, the consequences will be harsh." Kyuhyun spoke, staring Seohyun in the eye. They both knew. They both had feelings for each other. They both knew they couldn't be together.

"Don't you want to be with me?" Seohyun asked. Of course all the answers to these questions were oblivious.

"I want to be with you more than the world." Kyuhyun replied. The look in his eye told Seohyun he wasn't lying.

"They don't need to know. It can just be our secret." Seohyun told Kyuhyun.

"Since when did you become so rebellious?" Kyuhyun joked.

"Since I fell in love with you. I guess I've been influenced." Seohyun laughed slightly in reply.

"Really? I guess I've also been influenced by you." Kyuhyun smiled in reply.

"I want to be commited to you. Don't you feel the same?" Seohyun asked.

"Of course I feel the same... but if we get caught, everyone will be hurt. Our Sunbaes, our managers, our fans, our friends..." Kyuhyun muttered. Seohyun couldn't bare to listen to him.

"I don't care. I want to be with you. It doesn't matter what happens. It's fine as long as we're together, right?" Seohyun asked as she stood up. Slowly, she walked to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun gave Seohyun a dsbelieving smile. He opened his arms wide to welcome Seohyun into a hug. Without hesitation, she walked forward and hugged back.

"Is this what you really want?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Yes." Seohyun replied as Kyuhyun sighed.

"Alright. Then from now on, you're mine." Kyuhyun muttered as his arms were still s around Seohyun's waist. He put his hand on Seohyun's chin, bringing himself to her and closing the distance with a kiss. Seohyun smiled to herself secretly. Those were the words she wanted to hear.